681 11 2021-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

On my M3 the bottom LED Light is not working. Not in auto or manual....anyone else having an issue?

2021-11-9
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

This has been resolved.
2021-11-9
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine works ok in auto mode. But I have installed the latest firmware as of today. How did you fix that?
2021-11-9
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 11-9 19:10
Mine works ok in auto mode. But I have installed the latest firmware as of today. How did you fix that?

I installed the firmware out of the box so I don't know about before the upgrade.
2021-11-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there BrianKushner. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and it is great to know that you were able to sort the issue out and for sharing how you have rectified the said issue. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-11-9
Use props
Krazymagic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

I bought a mavic 3 today and noticed straight out of the box my Auxiliary LED's are also not working. I would really like to know how you fixed yours. I am unable to create my own thread on the forums for some reason. I just joined the forums to try and find help. I am incredibly disappointed with this malfunction. I have alreaady tried uninstalling the DJI Fly App and reinstalling it. Downloaded DJI assistant and connected the drone to my PC and refreshed the firmware. Tried cycling the power of phone, controller, drone. The lights simply never come on, neither in the menu option when toggled to "on" or when using the button on the controller itself which is mapped to turn the lights on. The little display comes on my phone screen to say "Auxiliary lights ON" "Auxiliary lights  OFF" but the light never comes on. Ive also tried doing it in a dark room inside. I have attempted everything that I can think of. I was so torn on buying this drone and contemplated it for weeks. I finally decided to take the dive today, spending over $3,000 on this thing to find out hours later that it has a fault right out of the box. So very disappointed. I will appreciate any help. At this point I feel strongly the LED's are simply dead, and my only option would be to return the drone to Bestbuy where I bought it, or to deal with DJI directly and probably get some used drone in return. The bad thing is Ive already purchased the DJI care refresh for this drone, which I done immediately after powering it on, before I realized the problem.
EDIT: Im using a samsung galaxy note 10 plus 5g phone. Everything else has worked fine.
2021-12-3
Use props
Krazymagic
lvl.4
United States

Krazymagic Posted at 12-3 15:28
I bought a mavic 3 today and noticed straight out of the box my Auxiliary LED's are also not working. I would really like to know how you fixed yours. I am unable to create my own thread on the forums for some reason. I just joined the forums to try and find help. I am incredibly disappointed with this malfunction. I have alreaady tried uninstalling the DJI Fly App and reinstalling it. Downloaded DJI assistant and connected the drone to my PC and refreshed the firmware. Tried cycling the power of phone, controller, drone. The lights simply never come on, neither in the menu option when toggled to "on" or when using the button on the controller itself which is mapped to turn the lights on. The little display comes on my phone screen to say "Auxiliary lights ON" "Auxiliary lights  OFF" but the light never comes on. Ive also tried doing it in a dark room inside. I have attempted everything that I can think of. I was so torn on buying this drone and contemplated it for weeks. I finally decided to take the dive today, spending over $3,000 on this thing to find out hours later that it has a fault right out of the box. So very disappointed. I will appreciate any help. At this point I feel strongly the LED's are simply dead, and my only option would be to return the drone to Bestbuy where I bought it, or to deal with DJI directly and probably get some used drone in return. The bad thing is Ive already purchased the DJI care refresh for this drone, which I done immediately after powering it on, before I realized the problem.
EDIT: Im using a samsung galaxy note 10 plus 5g phone. Everything else has worked fine.

a quick update as I have now also tried using my Samsung galaxy Tab S3 running Android 9. Same behavior. The auxiliary lights just will not come on. My galaxy note 10 plus phone runs Android 11.

I am out of things to try.. It seems the LED's are just dead. All the other LED's on the arms appear to be fine. All the sensors appear to function best I can tell. The gimbal has been fine. I tested it thoroughly due to many having issues with horizon tilt. Mine is perfectly straight. Ive also not seen any issues with the camera that ive read some about. I researched this thing heavily before buying, familiarizing myself with all the known issues. Sadly, I get hit with one that wasnt on my radar at all - dead Auxiliary LED's. Im so bummed im thinking now about just boxing it all up and taking it back to bestbuy and just being done with it. If anyone has had this issue and resolved it I would love some input.
2021-12-3
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
United States

(Im krazymagic...changed name)

I apologize for spamming this thread 3 times in a row but I need to post one final update on this. I finally got this fixed. Or, at least figured out its quirks, after hours of troubleshooting and testing.

So, my aux lights will not come on if the drone is just sitting on my table indoors.  This is what made me think they were broken. The reason I thought this was because I had seen videos, one in particular which I will try to link here if it lets me from Dustin Dunhill where he toggles the aux light on and off as the drone is sitting on his table. When mine wouldnt do this, I thought it was broken.

This is what I think happened here. If you watch the video (the link is timestamped to the important point in the video) You will see dustin toggle the laux leds on his table, then as he exits the menu he decides to then update the firmware. I think DJI changed the Aux light function in the new Firmware to not turn on unless the drone is in flight. Now that it is dark here, I took my drone out for one last ditch effort to try the lights in flgiht in the dark, and they worked immediately.  They toggled on, off, and they work in auto when landing. If anyone happens across this thread and you are bummed like I was, just know that the lights work in flight. I plan to test tomorrow if they work in flight while daylight. It may be where they dont work at all unless its dark enough - I dont know. I want to test this tomorrow to thoroughly understand how they function. Just know however that they will NOT toggle on if the drone is sitting on your table indoors not in flight. If they are supposed to still function this way, as they did in the video here, then there is a bug somewhere.

Ok Ive killed enough time on this today. Apologies for the forum spam. I'm so relieved to know that they do work.
I cant link the video. If you want to see it go to dustin dunhill on youtube, look at his mavic 3 part 1 review and go to 49:30 in the video.

2021-12-3
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Aux light only operates when the aircraft is ‘in flight’, i.e. motors running and ready to take off or actually flying.

To test, remove the props and do a motor start, (CSC stick command - both sticks to inner corners) don’t use ‘Auto, the drone will just end up confused! Cycle through the Aux LED functions and it should work.

Left stick fully down and hold (Mode 2) to shut the motors off or CSC again.
2021-12-3
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 12-3 21:45
The Aux light only operates when the aircraft is ‘in flight’, i.e. motors running and ready to take off or actually flying.

To test, remove the props and do a motor start, (CSC stick command - both sticks to inner corners) don’t use ‘Auto, the drone will just end up confused! Cycle through the Aux LED functions and it should work.

Yes, you are correct. However, prior to the firmware that was released sometime around launch, you could turn the aux light on with the drone just sitting idle, as I mentioned above. I saw it performed this way in some videos where people reviewed the mavic 3. When I bought mine, I went down testing all this and my aux light was not functioning as I had seen in video reviews. The caveat appears to be that the firmware update changed how the aux light can be used. It can no longer be triggered with the drone just sitting idle. I tested today in daylight and the aux lights also work in full daylight. So, you simply have to be in flight for them to work.
2021-12-4
Use props
adomanim
lvl.3

Algeria

I’ve had constant issues with the leds mostly showing purple no matter what. Based on another post, I decided to put my sound bar under the camera. This tilts the camera more towards the tv. I am now getting a much better color spectrum matching the scenes on the tv. On certain scenes with a lot going on it does go purple, but for a second. I will it is a thousand times better now. Still some minor tuning but 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 I am now happy with it.
2021-12-10
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

Obvious click harvesting off topic spam, third hit for this account. I've just reported it, hopefully the account will get booted.
Needless to say DON'T CLICK ON EITHER LINK. Oops, said it.
2021-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules