dji air 2s droops signal after 1km.
4941 28 2021-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Taifur
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137507 ft
Bangladesh

Hello, I am from Bangladesh & I have bought Dji Air 2s 4 days ago for land survey. The drone is marked 12km distance but today when I start survey the signal shows too week at 1000m/1km. I was flying beside a bank of river, my altitude was between 45-65m and there was no strong wind. It was very frustrating for me as I have to complete 8km of survey and the signal drops in every 1km. one time it got disconnected at 1055m distance and started RTH and it got back signal again at 980m. Please give me a solution.

2021-11-9
Use props
LoveYou
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

If you have obstacles in front of you try  with more altitude.
2021-11-9
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Signal is line of sight, so as LoveYou states you might try a higher altitude or change ground position.
Air 2s specifications :Max Transmission Distance :12 km (FCC), 8 km (CE), 8 km (SRRC), 8 km (MIC)
So 12 KM is only USA distance, also this is a maximum number not a normal range in heavy Wi-fi area.
2021-11-9
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Post a picture of the location from the viewpoint of the remote to the drone. If there is anything between you and the drone the range will be bad! Adding some height will help but that probably isn't a choice for surveying? You might have to be (meaning the remote controller) at a greater height (above where you are flying ) for best signal range/coverage!
2021-11-9
Use props
Eoin 2021
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101870 ft
Ireland

Unfortunately, it sounds like you have the CE model of Air2s or are flying within a CE territory country. And despite DJI's sales tech spec of 8KM that's all it is a sales lie!
I also have a new Air2s and the absolute max distance I have achieved within my CE country of Ireland is 1.3KM and that is at the max altitude of 120M complying with flight regulations and I lost RC connectivity to test the max distance I could fly, I regularly lose RC from 800M.
My flying is open unrestricted seascapes with no interference whatsoever either.

So, Taifur sorry to be the one to say it but it looks like that's your lot and it's what you will have to expect and the spec from DJI is misinformation and very misleading ....!

My suggestion is to bring it back to the shop and ask for the shop assistant to "demonstrate to you" how to achieve the stated distance within the DJI specifications, and when he/she cannot achieve the distance ask for your money back!
2021-11-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Taifur. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please fly your DJI Air 2S to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist and may we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2021-11-9
Use props
dreamtuner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

ভাই দেশে তো CE রেগুলেশনে উড়ে তাই একদম গ্রাম অঞ্চল আর খোলামেলা মাঠ ছাড়া আসোলেই বেশিদূর রেঞ্জ পাওয়া কঠিন, তাছাড়া ঐসব ১২/৮ কি.মি. এসব মার্কেটিং ভুগিজুগী সবাই বলে থাকে, আমেরিকার ব্যবহারকারীরাই এতো রেঞ্জ পায়না কারণ উল্লেখ করা যে রেঞ্জ সেটা কন্ট্রোল্ড এনভায়রনমেন্ট এ করে DJI, রিয়েল ওয়ার্ল্ড পারফরমেন্স না
2021-11-10
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Get the FCC app...will help you...and will not change any in drone firmware.
2021-11-10
Use props
Taifur
lvl.1
Bangladesh

videoeditman Posted at 11-9 13:16
Signal is line of sight, so as LoveYou states you might try a higher altitude or change ground position.
Air 2s specifications :Max Transmission Distance :12 km (FCC), 8 km (CE), 8 km (SRRC), 8 km (MIC)
So 12 KM is only USA distance, also this is a maximum number not a normal range in heavy Wi-fi area.

I think I have the FCC model, also I fly the drone in a remote village area beside a river, so no heavy wifi even no concrete buildings around. But there are lots of trees, could it be the problem? And my question is why only 1km! I don't need 12/8 km, I will be happy if it covers only 3/4km, is it possible?

2021-11-17
Use props
Taifur
lvl.1
Bangladesh

dreamtuner Posted at 11-10 02:49
ভাই দেশে তো CE রেগুলেশনে উড়ে তাই একদম গ্রাম অঞ্চল আর খোলামেলা মাঠ ছাড়া আসোলেই বেশিদূর রেঞ্জ পাওয়া কঠিন, তাছাড়া ঐসব ১২/৮ কি.মি. এসব মার্কেটিং ভুগিজুগী সবাই বলে থাকে, আমেরিকার ব্যবহারকারীরাই এতো রেঞ্জ পায়না কারণ উল্লেখ করা যে রেঞ্জ সেটা কন্ট্রোল্ড এনভায়রনমেন্ট এ করে DJI, রিয়েল ওয়ার্ল্ড পারফরমেন্স না

ভাই বুজলাম যে ১২ কিলো/ ৮ কিলো যাবে না, তাই বলে মাত্র ১ কিলো? ৩-৪ কিলো গেলে আমার কাজ অনেক সহজ হয়ে যেত।
2021-11-17
Use props
Taifur
lvl.1
Bangladesh

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-9 20:17
Hello there Taifur. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please fly your DJI Air 2S to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist and may we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

[view_image]

I am using Samsung S10+ to fly my drone. I fly the drone in a remote village area beside a river, so no heavy wifi, magnetic interference even no concrete buildings around. But there are lots of trees, could it be the problem?
this photo shows the place

2021-11-17
Use props
Taifur
lvl.1
Bangladesh

Eoin 2021 Posted at 11-9 14:31
Unfortunately, it sounds like you have the CE model of Air2s or are flying within a CE territory country. And despite DJI's sales tech spec of 8KM that's all it is a sales lie!
I also have a new Air2s and the absolute max distance I have achieved within my CE country of Ireland is 1.3KM and that is at the max altitude of 120M complying with flight regulations and I lost RC connectivity to test the max distance I could fly, I regularly lose RC from 800M.
My flying is open unrestricted seascapes with no interference whatsoever either.

Thanks for your reply. I thought only I am having this issue. DJI is misleading their product specification with a great margin I am sure now. I hope someday authorities will see the suffering of the consumers and take proper action.
2021-11-17
Use props
AlexanderK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1866086 ft
Netherlands

Taifur Posted at 11-17 11:47
Thanks for your reply. I thought only I am having this issue. DJI is misleading their product specification with a great margin I am sure now. I hope someday authorities will see the suffering of the consumers and take proper action.

If you operate the drone according to regulations (mainly keep visual contact) this can not even be a problem for the user. Cars that can drive 220 km/h are fine but you cannot drive it on the open road at that speeds. I'm baffled by users wanting to fly kilometers away and complain, you simply are not allowed to operate that drone in that matter.
https://drone-laws.com/drone-laws-in-bangladesh/
2021-11-17
Use props
Yaros1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Taifur Posted at 11-17 11:24
I think I have the FCC model, also I fly the drone in a remote village area beside a river, so no heavy wifi even no concrete buildings around. But there are lots of trees, could it be the problem? And my question is why only 1km! I don't need 12/8 km, I will be happy if it covers only 3/4km, is it possible?
[view_image]
[view_image]

CE / FCC doesn't depend on the drone model, it depends on where you fly.
When the drone gets GPS signal, if it is in EU it will switch to CE automatically.
2021-11-17
Use props
dreamtuner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

Taifur Posted at 11-17 11:27
ভাই বুজলাম যে ১২ কিলো/ ৮ কিলো যাবে না, তাই বলে মাত্র ১ কিলো? ৩-৪ কিলো গেলে আমার কাজ অনেক সহজ হয়ে যেত।

এটাই তো ঝামেলা। দেশে কোনো কিছুরই ইনফ্রাস্ট্রাকচার নাই ভাই চুরি চামারি ছাড়া।
আপনি এয়ারপ্লেন মুডে জি পি এস অন করে টেস্ট করে দেখতে পারেন রেঞ্জ কিছুটা বাড়ে কিনা। তবে ভাই vlos এর কোনো বিকল্প নাই যে মুডেই চালান।
2021-11-18
Use props
fansceda0ea5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74948 ft
Saudi Arabia

It happens to me too, I am from Saudi Arabia, but the strange thing is I used to fly in the same area a month ago and it had better range,
does it matter what type of phone you have to the range of the drone.
2021-12-19
Use props
fansceda0ea5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74948 ft
Saudi Arabia

Strange behavior.
2021-12-19
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had no problems flying my A2s to 3.5km at a height of about 35 meters without even trying hard. Some trees were in the way also. FCC version of course.

Ooops I did not notice this was an old posted topic.

2021-12-19
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi, just a long shot theory.
Have you tried using a different cable? I’ve had issues with the cable that came with the controller.
For some reason the connection would drop out then I changed over to a new non-dji cable and its been working fine.
2021-12-20
Use props
ChinaTown76
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1351785 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Thanks for the share. You're not the only with severe range issue. I'm from Malaysia (CE with dual band support) and just picked up my Air 2S yesterday and so far I'm only able to fly up to 500 meters before the signals get really choppy. It's nearly impossible to get to 1km without RTH turning on automatically. I was using the Mavic 2 pro previously and could easily reach up to 4.5- 5km without any transmission issues from the exact location. The Air 2S is so much more portable with an amazing sensor but the advertised range is a joke. Even my first Mavic (Mavic Pro) was able to reach 3km from the same spot without any issues.

I'm running on Aircraft firmware 02.04.21.30.  
2022-2-3
Use props
Yaros1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

ChinaTown76 Posted at 2-3 21:54
Thanks for the share. You're not the only with severe range issue. I'm from Malaysia (CE with dual band support) and just picked up my Air 2S yesterday and so far I'm only able to fly up to 500 meters before the signals get really choppy. It's nearly impossible to get to 1km without RTH turning on automatically. I was using the Mavic 2 pro previously and could easily reach up to 4.5- 5km without any transmission issues from the exact location. The Air 2S is so much more portable with an amazing sensor but the advertised range is a joke. Even my first Mavic (Mavic Pro) was able to reach 3km from the same spot without any issues.

I'm running on Aircraft firmware 02.04.21.30.

Strange. I'm from Mallorca, also CE dual band. My friend and I fly the Air 2 and Air 2S both of us getting good range. I got to 6.4Km with the Air 2S, pretty much!
2022-2-4
Use props
CT76
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1351785 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Oh you guys are lucky! I have a feeling the issue is with the new communication protocols used by O3 (which affects directionality of the antennas, among other things) combined with whatever local transmission restrictions not disclosed to us.  I took my Air 2S to a park far away from trees and power lines today with a Mavic 2 Pro, this time, the Air 2S made it as far as 2.4km before the signal dropped, whereas the Mavic 2 Pro made it as far as 7km. I was tempted to get the Air 2 at first but decided to spend a little more on the Air 2S for the larger sensor and thinking the O3 transmission would do better than the O2 transmission, and boy was I wrong! (in CE mode both the O2 and O3 are restricted to the same power output anyway) The Air 2S is a great little drone nevertheless, the output of the 1-inch sensor is beautiful, if only the transmission range wasn't so restricted.
2022-2-4
Use props
Palam Pencucuh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 645942 ft
Malaysia

ChinaTown76 Posted at 2022-2-3 21:54
Thanks for the share. You're not the only with severe range issue. I'm from Malaysia (CE with dual band support) and just picked up my Air 2S yesterday and so far I'm only able to fly up to 500 meters before the signals get really choppy. It's nearly impossible to get to 1km without RTH turning on automatically. I was using the Mavic 2 pro previously and could easily reach up to 4.5- 5km without any transmission issues from the exact location. The Air 2S is so much more portable with an amazing sensor but the advertised range is a joke. Even my first Mavic (Mavic Pro) was able to reach 3km from the same spot without any issues.

I'm running on Aircraft firmware 02.04.21.30.

Hello Tuan,

How's your Air2s now ? any improvement in term of fly distance ?
2023-1-29
Use props
djiuser_xu2sm8aQ68HB
New

France

AlexanderK Posted at 2021-11-17 23:18
If you operate the drone according to regulations (mainly keep visual contact) this can not even be a problem for the user. Cars that can drive 220 km/h are fine but you cannot drive it on the open road at that speeds. I'm baffled by users wanting to fly kilometers away and complain, you simply are not allowed to operate that drone in that matter.
https://drone-laws.com/drone-laws-in-bangladesh/

I am baffled by manipulators and liars who reverse reality and priorities: BEFORE operating a drone u need to buy it! The action of buying has to be legal THEN and only then u can mention the laws about operating a drone. U seem to be a terrible person, so I would guess u r from USA?
2023-3-16
Use props
FabioV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

djiuser_xu2sm8aQ68HB Posted at 3-16 06:48
I am baffled by manipulators and liars who reverse reality and priorities: BEFORE operating a drone u need to buy it! The action of buying has to be legal THEN and only then u can mention the laws about operating a drone. U seem to be a terrible person, so I would guess u r from USA?

I'm  wondering why do you think it's useful to answer to a post older than 15 months ...
Just for collecting points ?
2023-3-16
Use props
fans632df037
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69111 ft
United States

and stand father away from your big huge metal truck ! :-)
2023-3-16
Use props
mannuel portraits
New

Kenya

My MA2 s today just lost signal for the second time at an altitude of 500m and a distance of 1km and crashed terribly, the first time I was taking an hyperlapses in the middle of the city and I just see it going down for no reason.....what could be the problem
2023-4-8
Use props
Goldenfly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10109446 ft
Italy

Azzz 500 MT
2023-4-8
Use props
phuc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765906 ft
Australia

Please turn OFF Bluetooth this is radio technology and will cause interference

Go to the phone app store and install fake GPS and point to the center of United States map and press play, this will let you have a stable transmission both on 2.4 and 5.8

please turn off mobile or tablet Wi-Fi this includes 2.4 and 5.8 as it will interfere with your DJI transmission this includes any other drone transmission as most drone use 2.4 or 5.8 since they are the same transmission they will interfere with each other

Please turn off your mobile sim that is also another mobile Wi-Fi exchange, in order to do that you must turn on flight mode

Once you have received 11 satellites and updated your homepoint is also updated and you are certain on the app map you are certain it is there and updated near your homepoint you can disconnect mobile data and enable flight mode on mobile this prevents hackers from intercepting your connection or anyone else sniffing your transmission, turn it off please

20230430-192941.jpg
2023-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules