Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New battery with problem? 3rd led blinks twice after charge
6293 9 2021-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscd12baa9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28579 ft
Portugal

I recently purchased a DJI FPV drone and immediately proceeded to charge all accessories in need of charging to try it out.
Both the goggles v2 battery and controller charged fine, but the included drone battery started blinking its 3rd LED (see attached gif), twice per second, after being charged.

Still, i inserted it in the drone and turned everything on to pair, etc. and i see a warning in the goggles, albeit with a green icon, saying "Battery maintenance required. Return to home promptly. Perform battery maintenance as instructed by user manual.". I tried a brief take off, only hover and land, and all seemed well.

After browsing the user manual i found the meaning of the blinking of the 3rd led: LED3 blinks twice per second: Overcharge detected. (see attached image)

What i tried already:
- pressing the battery button lights up all the 4 leds, as expected after full charge
- i inserted it in the drone and let it almost discharge completely - up to the last blinking led.
- charged it full again - only to have it blinking again.
- the battery is brand new (bought a completely new dji fpv package, and it arrived yesterday)
- battery info only shows 2 full cycles

1. What does this all mean?
2. What is the 'battery maintenance as instructed by the manual' that the warning mentions?
3. Is there anything i can do to make things well again, i.e. with no warning on the goggles, since its the only thing that seems to be wrong. If i hadnt checked the status, i would never had noticed this.
4. Any procedure i can do on the battery so it resets?

Should i open a service request and send the battery somewhere? (there doesnt seem to be a dji service here in my country, portugal)
Really dont feel like i should return the whole thing, since the battery seems to be the only faulty item). And, to be honest, i would do anything possible to fix it without having to send it somewhere and having to wait weeks to enjoy my drone..

Any help/suggestion is highly appreciated. Waited months to be able to acquire this. Pretty sad for not being able to enjoy it.
Edit: Looking closer at the manual (v1.2 2021.06), i found, on page 28, the following:

Maintenance:
Return to home or land promptly if a prompt appears in the goggles that the Intelligent Flight Battery requires maintenance.
1. Fully charge the battery
2. Leave the battery for 24 hours
3. Insert the battery in the aircraft and hover at an altitude of up to 2m after takeoff. When the battery reaches 20%, land the aircraft and power off and remove the battery
4. Leave the battery for 6 hours
5. Maintenance should now be complete and the battery is ready to use. Repeat the steps above if the maintenance prompt continues to appear in the goggles

Missed this part. Will give it a go and leave the results here so if can help other people with the same issue. Still, any other suggestions are appreciated.

gif of the 3rd led blinking

gif of the 3rd led blinking

manual explanation on led blinking

manual explanation on led blinking
2021-11-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to rad and to know that you are having this issue with your DJI FPV's intelligent flight battery. Can you please try to discharge the said DJI intelligent flight battery and try to charge it once again to see if the problem persists? If the issue persist, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Thank you.
2021-11-9
Use props
pagongski
lvl.2
Portugal

update on the situation:

After following the steps in dji fpv manual about battery maintenance (image below), at the end of the whole procedure, the battery was able to fully charge without having any leds blinking. I havent taken the drone out for a flight since, but at least it was a small reliefe to not see it blinking as before.
For future reference, and for other users that happen to have the same problem/situation, i will update this post with further information when i fly the drone using the battery, to confirm all is well.

thank you.

2021-11-12
Use props
pagongski
lvl.2
Portugal

Final update:

For all otehrs that might have a similar issue/scare, i wanted to leave a final note on the situation.

After the steps i took to do the DJI recommended maintenance to the battery described in my previous post, the battery seems to be fine. I already made a flight using it and it behaved just like the other two.

Because of my issue, i ended up reading up a lot on DJI smart batteries and their storage procedures, so i would urge you guys to take good care of them. Read a very nice article about such subject on the following link:

https://www.djidronenews.com/how-to-maintain-and-store-your-dji-drone-batteries/

Thank you and enjoy your drones. I am having a blast with my amazing dji mavic air 2 and dji fpv.
2021-11-15
Use props
cenkyeter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 179865 ft
Turkey

Hi. Have you had any problems so far? I bought a new battery but it gave the same error even though I never used it. Since the change will be a long process, I am looking for a different method, but I do not want to waste my time.
2022-2-5
Use props
cenkyeter
lvl.1
Turkey

pagongski Posted at 2021-11-15 15:05
Final update:

For all otehrs that might have a similar issue/scare, i wanted to leave a final note on the situation.

Hi. Have you had any problems so far? I bought a new battery but it gave the same error even though I never used it. Since the change will be a long process, I am looking for a different method, but I do not want to waste my time.
2022-2-5
Use props
cenkyeter
lvl.1
Turkey

pagongski Posted at 2021-11-15 15:05
Final update:

For all otehrs that might have a similar issue/scare, i wanted to leave a final note on the situation.

Hello, I wanted to update for other users as well. Everything was fine for me with the same method. I will update the status if there is a problem in the future or if it does not occur. thanks
PS: I'm sorry if there is any mistake in the English language.
2022-2-6
Use props
fansf8d0e44e
lvl.2
Portugal

cenkyeter Posted at 2-5 15:04

Hi cenkyeter,

My apologies for taking so long to reply, but work got the best of me.

Ever since i solved the issue with the method i mentioned above, the battery never gave me any other problems. It has been working perfectly. Although i havent been flying as much as i wished.

Glad you solved your problem, cenkyeter. Enjoy your drone.
2022-2-9
Use props
cenkyeter
lvl.1
Turkey

fansf8d0e44e Posted at 2-9 14:42
Hi cenkyeter,

My apologies for taking so long to reply, but work got the best of me.

It is not a problem for you to reply late. Thank you very much for the information. Thanks to you, I solved my problem. I hope we don't have any other problems and we can enjoy our Drone.
2022-2-13
Use props
Joel S
lvl.2
Flight distance : 189902 ft
United States

Thank you so much for posting this and leaving on board. I bought the FPV several months ago, and wasn't sure I wanted to keep it. So, tried to sell, and no luck. Opened the box and now charging batteries. The Controller and goggles batteries are taking long time. I had bought another used battery so I can do multiple flights. That was has the 3rd led blink problem. Thanks again for these instructions !!
2022-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules