Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansa735d795 Posted at 11-27 04:40
This problem occurred again yesterday for me where after pressing RTH it went up to 390 feet and wouldn't respond when I tried to pull the left stick down even though the RTH was set to 170 feet.  The tallest object in the area is 150 feet and so there was no need to rise to 390 feet.

I think this is a big problem. Some engineer at DJI is so confident in his design that he is willing to risk our expensive drones. Not cool.
2021-11-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ex Machina Posted at 11-21 13:45
Guess we need to know under which environments failsafe RTH might not operate. First one coming to mind is one in which GPS lock is lost. Another might be magnetic field anomaly that futzes with the onboard compasses?

Neither of which is likely for a drone that's up in the air.
2021-11-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

SilverWing Posted at 11-26 14:59
What I said was not to "find the heading of the craft", but to let it orient itself exactly.  This can be advantageous when battery is at a premium and being off by a few degrees will result a longer path back.

And as far as "that's basic" goes, if you have no control of the craft, manual RTH is impossible, since it's a command and I was obviously not talking about an auto-RTH but a user-initiated one.  You seem to be confusing 'situational awareness' with control.

Lately Hallmark seems to be having a lot of trouble understanding simple English.
Either that or he's taken up pointless trolling.
When you get to the point of explaining in clear, simple English, the same simple concept for a 4th time, it's just time to give up.
2021-11-27
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 11-27 23:13
Neither of which is likely for a drone that's up in the air.

Neither case is super likely, but it does happen. Actually, losing GPS lock while in the air has happened to me. Another scenario I've experienced is weirdness while flying near geofenced borders.

Still, we need DJI to elaborate on under which conditions failsafe RTH will be cancelled.
2021-11-28
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was second guessing myself today about this. I was ok with using the advanced RTH while somewhere like at a beach with no trees or buildings around..... Then I thought: Gary, have you not often seen people flying kites at the beach! Oooops. I'm pretty sure the M3 sensors cannot detect a kite sting.
2021-11-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Ex Machina Posted at 11-28 16:33
Neither case is super likely, but it does happen. Actually, losing GPS lock while in the air has happened to me. Another scenario I've experienced is weirdness while flying near geofenced borders.

Still, we need DJI to elaborate on under which conditions failsafe RTH will be cancelled.

Guess we need to know under which environments failsafe RTH might not operate.

The robots that "moderate" the forum don't give technical help, but if they did, it could easily be incorrect.
Failsafe RTH won't be cancelled, but it just won't be able to operate unless:
The compass and GPS must be working properly
The homepoint has to be correctly recorded.
2021-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules