Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
firmware up to date but pilot says "update"
1453 8 2015-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
costaricaguide
lvl.1
United States

A couple of weeks ago I updated the firmware on p3 and controller to P3S_FW_V01.02.0008.bin which is the current version available at http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download.  Got "success" messages in text files on SD card and everything was good for a while but now the Pilot app is saying "RC required to update" "aircraft required to update"

Left the bin file on the sd card as recommended.

Any insight?
2015-8-2
Use props
joeyjoe
lvl.2

United States

Is your battery up to date as well?
2015-8-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

With the bin on the SD card the battery should automatically update.  I would remove and reinstall the App.  
2015-8-2
Use props
costaricaguide
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the suggestion!  Unfortunately I uninstalled and reinstalled the app but I am still seeing the "updates required" and  "RC required to update" "aircraft required to update" in the status.  

I tried contacting DJI chat support and their only suggestion was to return the drone for repair which sounds like a bit of overkill and from what I have heard about service a waste of several weeks or even months.  Everything works fine, I was just wondering about the spontaneous appearance of this update message.
2015-8-3
Use props
costaricaguide
lvl.1
United States

Can someone tell me if there is a way to get a report or display of the current firmware version for the aircraft, rc and battery?  All I can find for version is 1.2 for the app.
2015-8-3
Use props
fdnyfish
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7965640 ft
  • >>>
United States

I like that idea
2015-8-4
Use props
Phantom George
lvl.1

Australia

If you open the status screen, scroll wit your finger to the bottom, you will see About, tap it and your current version of Firmware and Mc is showing.
2015-8-7
Use props
Phantom George
lvl.1

Australia

Scroll to the bottom on your status screen, tap About and your current  version of aircraft  and MC
2015-8-7
Use props
barbara.sacre
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm having this issue as well. I've just been ignoring it.
2015-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules