iPad mini 2 picture sync
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NealR
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I've had a read through the FAQs, and the user manual for my P3P, but so far the pictures are not syncing from the drone to my iOS device.

I'm currently running iOS 8.4, and when I login to the DJI Pilot app, and go into the user centre, I can see 4 photos from that flight, but that's it. When I check my iOS albums, there is nothing from the drone. I've checked the privacy settings for the app and it has been given acces to my photo albums, but nothing syncs.

Thoughts??

2015-8-2
Use props
DMB2015
lvl.2

Canada

you have to download the pictures/videos off the memory card in the phantom to your computer. they never show up in the  ipad, beyond the four recorded in the flight log.
2015-8-2
Use props
NealR
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Ah... My reading made me make the assumption that all the photos would, or at least could sync to the iPad, but the video had to come off direct from the memory card.
2015-8-2
Use props
bmcgowan13
lvl.1

United States

NealR Posted at 2015-8-2 22:21
Ah... My reading made me make the assumption that all the photos would, or at least could sync to th ...

NealR-

I thought the same thing--I assumed/hoped that there was a way to have the video/photos downloaded directly to my iPad Mini. That would be a great way to save the images real time.

Did you ever find out if there was a way to save them directly to the iPad or do you have to sync the iPad to iPhoto *after* you upload them into iPhoto?

I wish there was a way to capture the iPad screen during the flight...I would be great to also capture the flight telemetry but I guess you have to jailbreak the iPad and then use another program...
2015-9-12
Use props
NealR
lvl.2

United Kingdom

bmcgowan13 Posted at 2015-9-12 22:01
NealR-

I thought the same thing--I assumed/hoped that there was a way to have the video/photos do ...

Sadly no. I've not found if there is a way to sync photo's at least straight to the iPad. Which is a real shame, so I'm still having to manually take them off the card post-flight.
2015-9-13
Use props
sdharris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 384967 ft
United Kingdom

You can download the pictures over lightbridge with the Phantom 3 and RC powered up and the RC connected to your iPad. I don't have mine to hand but from memory and based on the DJI Pilot app you would:-

1. power on Phantom, connect RC to iPad and power on;
2. open DJI Go app
3. Select Library on the menu at the bottom;
4. Then on the top right I think there is a download button

There was limitations to it back in the DJI Pilot app days in that it could not download DNG, JPEG only and it cannot download 4K only 1080p.
2015-9-13
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

NealR Posted at 2015-9-13 08:45
Sadly no. I've not found if there is a way to sync photo's at least straight to the iPad. Which is ...

After you land while the phantom is on the ground press the play button on the RC or in the Go App so you can see the photo on your iPad Mini.  Then you will see something that says download to device as you view each photo.  That way you will get them on your iPad Mini while you are still on site.
2015-9-13
Use props
sdharris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 384967 ft
United Kingdom

Sir Edward K Posted at 2015-9-13 15:02
After you land while the phantom is on the ground press the play button on the RC or in the Go App  ...

Thats it! Does the restrictions on the file types still exist in DJI GO?
2015-9-13
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

sdharris Posted at 2015-9-13 09:04
Thats it! Does the restrictions on the file types still exist in DJI GO?

You must have been typing at the same time as I was.   I saw yours pop up after I was finished.  Yes there are restrictions only 1080p for video, I am not sure about the still Images but I know it works for the JPG files.  I don't have mine near me now to see.
2015-9-13
Use props
taxipac
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Shou TV on iTunes
2015-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules