Vision System warning
1178 4 2021-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
uzun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325659 ft
United States

I got a chance to fly my new Mavic 3 today, in the desert and near my home.  In the desert it was constantly flashing warnings about the vision system being blurry.  It would flash the warnings for a bit then be ok, then start flashing the warnings again.  It was in a sunny, sandy area in the desert of eastern San Diego County, USA.  Flying the drone around my home (less glare, no sand) it did not have any such warnings.  The sensors weren't dirty, when I landed and wiped them clean it would start off ok then start flashing warnings periodicically soon after takeoff.

It seems that the dust/sand was confusing the sensors.  They were not dirty, or covered with much dust if any.  It was a little windy but not overly windy.  Maybe 10 mph winds.  It was very very annoying.

This has to be something that can be addressed via a firmware update, and should be.

-Roger Uzun
2021-11-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Roger Uzun. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to calibrate your DJI Mavic 3 for us to be able to isolate the said issue? In addition, I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.
2021-11-10
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Looks like a lot of New Mavc 3 owners will be testing their purchases so that Dji can iron out the bugs that they didn't get around to fixing before releasing to the market!
2021-11-10
Use props
uzun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325659 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-10 02:14
Hello there Roger Uzun. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to calibrate your DJI Mavic 3 for us to be able to isolate the said issue? In addition, I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.

I guess I could calibrate them but I am NOT getting any warnings about needing to calibrate the vision sensors.  I am getting a warning that the vision system is blurry and I need to land and clean the sensors.  It might be saying blurry or fuzzy I forget the exact wording.  It only happened in the desert where there was bright sun, bright sand and some dust.  It does NOT happen when I fly around my house where there isnt so much glare and sand.  I doubt its the calibration and as I recall you have to use the PC app to calibrate sensors which is a pain.  I dont want to calibrate it if its not needed and risk making something else worse.
2021-11-10
Use props
amorrison
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325230 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was flying Mavic 3 on a clear sunny and and got an error in certain orientations, due to the sun I think. One time I got a Vision System Error, but when I landed and rebooted everything it went away.  The sun can still be an issue I think...
2021-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules