1158 7 2021-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lume Pad, I haven't received it yet, it can do no glasses 3D with multiple perspectives than just 2.  Using a new DJI drone that has 2 cameras to orbit w/ something small like a DJI Mini 2 would be important for the future.  3D model scanning, digital twinning, and going into 3D for AR and AR anchoring, using a drone would be better than having to walk around say a statue.  It shouldn't cost upwards of $3k imo, just need something that has 2 cameras that work as optimal as possible with the Lume Pad technology.  Drones can do great for photogrammetry and sterography but the stereography sector just doesn't exist as much as it should.  DJI should work on this.  Relay to the engineers to make something?

I have the Elephone P8 3D and tried to get the Elephone P11 3D but that was out of stock everywhere then found Lume Pad as being on the latest on this list.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_3D-enabled_mobile_phones

I make my own 3D and it comes out great using sView.
https://play.google.com/store/ap ... view&hl=en_US&gl=US
2021-11-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AntDX316. Good day and thank you for sharing your valued insights with regards to this matter. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you and have a nice day.
2021-11-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-10 02:21
Hello there AntDX316. Good day and thank you for sharing your valued insights with regards to this matter. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you and have a nice day.

• Importance:
  • The importance of 3D stereography is to show people topographical depth as well as depth when looking say, down a trail path that is very steep.  2D images do not capture the intense steepness.  Stereography does and it shouldn't be with VR or glasses.  It should be able to be understood with no-glasses 3D.  People won't usually carry bulkly stuff.  Would be great if the DJI engineers could make autonomous software to be able to capture 3D expectations w/ presets this way the trial and errors are mitigated to get the perfect (less vision cross-talk) shots.

• StereoPhoto Maker Pro (Freeware)
  • I was using https://stereo.jpn.org/eng/stphmkr/ to merge 2 photos I've taken with a Note20 Ultra.  I've taken a shot, then moved slightly to the right and turned a bit in (toe-in) better than parallell or Off-Axis (learned from Blender Stereography, I've made 3D models then used stereography at the camera to see the images in 3D on the Elephone).   I've adjusted the H Position alignment (in Easy Adjustment of the software) then put it in sView on the Elephone P8 3D and the 3D looks spectacular.  Imagine the results with the right engineering that DJI did with commercial-level drones and the DJI FPV drone than going DIY FPV.

Use Lume Pad or Elephone to view or any other SBS device.
https://www.leiainc.com/lp/meet-lume-pad
https://www.elephone.hk/elephone-p11-3d
2021-11-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-10 02:21

I've updated post #4, please see it.
2021-11-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What a great idea.  +1
2021-11-10
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

I'm having trouble following the train of thought on this one. The cameras on the M3 are 24mm and 162mm (equivalent) focal lengths. I can't see how that would be useful for stereography, at least any more than any other drone. It would seem to me that one of the enterprise RTK equipped units would be a much better basis for this type of operation, since you want to position the drone to a much higher accuracy than the standard GNSS.

If I'm missing something here, please point it out to me.

Thanks for posting though, I had totally missed the Blender Photogrammetry option. Is that the Addon from Stuart Attenborrow that you are referencing?
2021-11-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nicodema Posted at 11-10 05:47
I'm having trouble following the train of thought on this one. The cameras on the M3 are 24mm and 162mm (equivalent) focal lengths. I can't see how that would be useful for stereography, at least any more than any other drone. It would seem to me that one of the enterprise RTK equipped units would be a much better basis for this type of operation, since you want to position the drone to a much higher accuracy than the standard GNSS.

If I'm missing something here, please point it out to me.

They should make another drone for stereography.
2021-11-10
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

Ah, I see. That does sound pretty cool.

I wonder what the market size is like. It'd be great if DJI or another drone company ran their own crowdfunding element to allow the market to engage with potential secondary markets like this.

It's probably a stretch to imagine a purely kickstarter based start-up to fulfil the global safety and approval demands and deliver a sorted product. But an established company, if they could confirm the level of demand, could conceivably create a niche variant.
2021-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules