Vidjcb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13416847 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dear All,

I want to export all my flight records to:

1.        Have a local backup on my PC
2.        Be able to load some of them in Google Earth Pro.

What I have tried is these:
•        From Ttunes – File Sharing my iOS device I can see a folder called ExportFlightRecords where I am saving a CSV file.
•        Also, I can see FlightRecords, and I am assuming all my flight records are there too.
•        Finally, I also synced all my fly records within the app so I can see them from either my iPad or my iPhone.

Questions / issues:
1.        The problem is, I cannot transfer a folder from iTunes File Sharing, just single files located on iTunes “root” folder for any app, including off course, DJI GO 4

2.        May I have to connect the drone and transfer the flight data via File Explorer? I’m pretty sure it’s possible but, what about accessing the DJI cloud directly from my PC? After all, I can authenticate the same way I am using the forum.

3.        All in all, once I have access to my flight records, what should be the best option to import a particular flight to Google Earth Pro?

4.        Moreover, what should be the best option to 3D replicate my flight using any available app?

Thanks in advance for your time reading and tips.

Have all a safe flight,

VIDJCB

2021-11-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you looked at Airdata.com. you can wireless sync the logs to them and export various items from there.   For the last 100 flights its free.
2021-11-10
Use props
Vidjcb
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-10 05:16
Have you looked at Airdata.com. you can wireless sync the logs to them and export various items from there.   For the last 100 flights its free.

No, I haven't but it seems promising.  Thanks for your kind reply.

I am currently downloading (exporting) all my logs from the drone. I am using the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and connected the drone via USBc to USB3 cable

A bunch of DAT (compressed) files. For my Mavic 2 Zoom, the sizes are (I believe it depends on the number of flights)

• Main export file (must include all below) 3.72GB
  • Flight Record & Sensing 1.79 GB
  • Navigation 50.5 MB
  • Camera 96.2 MB
  • Gimbal 634 MB
  • FAM 62.7 MB
  • System1 1.08 GB
  • System2 166 MB

All those records are like the "black box" of a plane...
2021-11-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a look at
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
and
https://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/how-to-retrieve-dji-go-flight-logs-from-itunes.29
and

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... alysis-guide.78627/

follow the necessary links. I am an IOS/itune NUMPTY and, following those instruction, I was able to get all my logs from an iPhone.

From memory the logs on the drone are unreadable., if I am mistaken I would be delighted and please tell me how you read them.

Re
Qu1) I seem to remember I had to transfer them or a copy of their folder, to computer and I could not put them elsewhere on the phone.

Syncing may have been a mistake. If you are using an RC1A controller you likely had a .txt flight log as well as .DAT flight log in the folders
DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecord    &  
DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecord/MCDatFlightRecords respectively.
Syncing may have deleted those DATs. If so I believe you have to contact DJI to get the DATs back.
If you have an RC1B contoller then I think your are unlikely to have had any DATs on the phone.

Also have a look at

https://datfile.net/CsvView/downloads.html
https://datfile.net/DatCon/downloads.html
there is another piece of software ''ExtractDJI'' but I am struggling to find that on the www

2021-11-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Probs,   Airdata is now a partner of DJI so they have full access to the decryption keys and can sync directly from DJI's servers.
2021-11-10
Use props
Vidjcb
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-10 08:22
No Probs,   Airdata is now a partner of DJI so they have full access to the decryption keys and can sync directly from DJI's servers.

Yup, definitely AirData is the app to go. Free until your workflow and number of flights to analyze may allow you. For me, I was happy exporting my flight to KML format and analyze it in Google Earth Pro, that way I should plan my next flight or even set a mission via Waypoints 2.0
2021-11-10
Use props
Vidjcb
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-10 06:55
Have a look at
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
and

Thanks for such an extensive and detailed reply. I actually found this video so helpful:

I was missing the Save button, down in the right.... lol

Another interesting online option is using phantonhelp.com to upload the encrypted flight log and then export or see it online.

Best,

Opening DAT files for us seems almost impossible, even the txt files are encrypted.

VIDJCB
2021-11-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Vidjcb Posted at 11-10 09:12
Yup, definitely AirData is the app to go. Free until your workflow and number of flights to analyze may allow you. For me, I was happy exporting my flight to KML format and analyze it in Google Earth Pro, that way I should plan my next flight or even set a mission via Waypoints 2.0

Yes,   I find the 100 flights to be plenty for me.
2021-11-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"Another interesting online option is using phantonhelp.com to upload the encrypted flight log " which is why it is an often cited web page when someone wants to analyse a log.

"Opening DAT files for us seems almost impossible, even the txt files are encrypted." .........opening the DAT's from the phone connected to a the Mavic 2 controller is as easy as opening the .txt.
Just download and install CsvView, then use it to browse your computer to where you have the logs stored. Click on the desired log and 10 to 15 second later you will have access to the data in graphical form or in a csv etc.

For a randomly chosen log from my M2Z, the csv from Airdata is 46 columns wide. For the same log the phantomhelp's csv for is 167 columns wide and the csv from CsvView is 294 colums wide. The latter two may 'effectively' duplicate some entries/colums within each csv and do contain empty columns but I suspect they likely contain data not in the output of the free version of Airdata. I have never plouged my way through a more detailed comparison of the 3 csv's. Nor do I use a paid version of Airdata.

CsvView will open both the .txt. and DAT logs from 'Mavic 2 phone i.e. logs from Go4. It will also open .txt and DAT logs from the pre 1.2 versions of the Fly app, the situation gets a bit more complicated with FLY v1.2 and later.  CsvView will also open the .txt logs from the Go App and it will open the DAT's from the Phantom 3 Adv/Pro drones.

The Phantom 3 Adv/Pro do not write DAT logs to the phone.

The DATs from the M2P/Z drone are an entirely different kettle of fish and as far as I know unreadable.

If you can use the Windows command line then there is another option for the en masse handling of M2P/Z .txt flight logs, the software ''TXTlogToCSVtool''.

See https://phantompilots.com/thread ... sv-converter.70428/

2021-11-10
Use props
Vidjcb
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-10 13:05
"Another interesting online option is using phantonhelp.com to upload the encrypted flight log " which is why it is an often cited web page when someone wants to analyse a log.

"Opening DAT files for us seems almost impossible, even the txt files are encrypted." .........opening the DAT's from the phone connected to a the Mavic 2 controller is as easy as opening the .txt.

Thanks a lot!

The link you provided take us to a post from where we can download txt TXTtoCSVtool which decrypts the original file and exports it to a plain CSV format. With the option to also extract any JPG and GIZ file if available.

This is a remarkable simple and offline option to consider to analyze our own log files.

Best,

V
2021-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules