When will the accessories be available?
617 7 2021-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
l.maccani
lvl.2

Italy

Does anyone know when the accessories will be available?
The Power Combo will be shipped from 11/24 but all other accessories (the headband,  the magnetic ball-join adapter mount, the waterprof case etc.)?

2021-11-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there l.maccani. Thank you for reaching out and for this inquiry about the availability of the DJI Action 2 accessories on our DJI online store. As of the moment, we do not have any time frame when will the said DJI accessories will be available. If ever it will be available it will be posted on our official online store at https://store.dji.com/category/dji-action-2?from=menu_products. In addition you may click the In Stock Reminder tab on the said DJI Action 2 accessory page for us to be able to send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock. Thank you for your valued support.
2021-11-10
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

All the ones I've looked at, like DJI Mic, have a month listed in which they will be released. The DJI Mic was listed as being released in January. Although it doesn't list a specific date. You can click the reserve now button and it will ask your email and will send you a notice as to when the item becomes available. Of course if DJI wants to sell me some accessories (or better give me a few of them) early, I might be inclined to accept their offer, lol!!!
2021-11-11
Use props
jhoff80
lvl.4
United States

I mean, just another example of how this was seemingly rushed for launch in an incomplete state.  The whole point of this design is the modularity except none of that is available yet other than the front screen.  And considering that the front screen isn't waterproof, that you only get about 15 minutes of 4k before the battery dies (without the front screen when the main module is waterproof by itself), and that the waterproof case isn't available, it's honestly hard to even really consider it a true action camera at the moment.

It could be a great device with some time and updates but it's just not right now.
2021-11-11
Use props
l.maccani
lvl.2

Italy

The microphone and the power combo are the only products where a date is indicated. Everyone else only has the option to be notified when they become available. I would like to purchase the power combo with the headband, an additional battery and the magnetic ball-joint adapter mount. And I believe that I will wait for the availability of all these items to place the order. I do not want to buy the Action 2 and wait for the availability of the accessories I need.

PS: the front screen, IMHO, is useless for an action camera. With the large FOV it is impossible not to be able to film yourself. DJI first thought for the vlogging user.
2021-11-12
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

l.maccani Posted at 11-12 00:35
The microphone and the power combo are the only products where a date is indicated. Everyone else only has the option to be notified when they become available. I would like to purchase the power combo with the headband, an additional battery and the magnetic ball-joint adapter mount. And I believe that I will wait for the availability of all these items to place the order. I do not want to buy the Action 2 and wait for the availability of the accessories I need.

PS: the front screen, IMHO, is useless for an action camera. With the large FOV it is impossible not to be able to film yourself. DJI first thought for the vlogging user.

I get what you’re saying there and agree to some degree. I guess it depends on the situation for each person right. I’m looking forward to the water proof case and DJI mic and maybe a battery module. But those can wait as I have everything I need to get done what I need to for the time being. I do find it interesting that third party accessories hasn't flooded the market yet.

I actually like the front touchscreen module personally, even though it has a great FOV it’s just a piece of mind thing for me to know everything centered up.
2021-11-12
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Accessory request - a thingy with a metal plate at each end which would go on the bottom of the camera, held with the clips and magnets, and on the top of the screen module likewise - with a cable in between.  Maybe a choice of cable lengths.  The camera end would be magnetised so you could attach it to the other accessories or to a metal object as usual.  Then, you could operate the camera from inside your car using the screen module, or with a short lead, operate the camera attached to the lanyard (so you could see what it was seeing) or you could have the screen module at the bottom end of a selfie stick and the camera at the sharp end, and operate it and frame shots easily.  Actually I don't see why a third party couldn't make such a thing - the function of the connecting pins wouldn't matter as you would simply wire them straight through.  Sure, you have the Mimo option but I bet that uses battery life quite a bit.
2021-11-13
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-13 00:45
Accessory request - a thingy with a metal plate at each end which would go on the bottom of the camera, held with the clips and magnets, and on the top of the screen module likewise - with a cable in between.  Maybe a choice of cable lengths.  The camera end would be magnetised so you could attach it to the other accessories or to a metal object as usual.  Then, you could operate the camera from inside your car using the screen module, or with a short lead, operate the camera attached to the lanyard (so you could see what it was seeing) or you could have the screen module at the bottom end of a selfie stick and the camera at the sharp end, and operate it and frame shots easily.  Actually I don't see why a third party couldn't make such a thing - the function of the connecting pins wouldn't matter as you would simply wire them straight through.  Sure, you have the Mimo option but I bet that uses battery life quite a bit.

So, in affect you're after a wired remote, by using the display module as the remote control linked to the camera module via a single cable.

This, my friend, is a GREAT idea!

GoPro did this with their earlier GoPros and the display 'BacPac'. The DJI Action 2 would be a perfect example of how it could work here!
Here's GoPro's version back in the Hero 3 days!

2021-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules