Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_SgRXlsdN4AAV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 615787 ft
France

Hi this problem started yesterday out of the blue
No crashes, latest firmware and app running on iPhone 8 iOS 15

In manual mode changing the Shutter Speed doesn’t do anything, the light stays the same and the photos I take are entirely black
First it was only the HD photos which were black, but now it’s normal photos too

The live video feed on my phone displays a normal image, but the photo turns out black
I’ve been taking photos regularly for the last 6 months and have 20h flight time

Any ideas?

The app has been buggy since ios15
Lost connection twice now, never happened before

Thanks

030FA4C0-DF34-4DAB-9B34-9DD5D5D61BDC.jpeg
2021-11-10
Use props
Akmal Iqkram
lvl.1

Malaysia

me too...i use Phone 8+ iOS 15 same issue
2021-11-11
Use props
Akmal Iqkram
lvl.1

Malaysia

live video feed on my phone displays a normal image, but the photo turns out black..in the sd card all the pictures are black
2021-11-11
Use props
o2su
lvl.2
France

Akmal Iqkram Posted at 11-11 00:03
me too...i use Phone 8+ iOS 15 same issue

Ah that’s reassuring that it must be some os big rather than a problem with my unit
I contacted support via the app this morning
Did you contact them too?
When did your problem start?
2021-11-11
Use props
Akmal Iqkram
lvl.1

Malaysia

o2su Posted at 11-11 00:15
Ah that’s reassuring that it must be some os big rather than a problem with my unit

it happened to day
I have not yet contacted support
I have tried to upadate os 15.1 the same result

2021-11-11
Use props
Akmal Iqkram
lvl.1

Malaysia

o2su Posted at 11-11 00:15

you contacted support via the app this morning
what he told?
2021-11-11
Use props
o2su
lvl.2
France

Akmal Iqkram Posted at 11-11 00:27
you contacted support via the app this morning
what he told?

It was only an hour ago, will wait and see
2021-11-11
Use props
Akmal Iqkram
lvl.1

Malaysia

o2su Posted at 11-11 00:29
It was only an hour ago, will wait and see

hope this issue doesn't last long
2021-11-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. We're you able to try reinstalling the app on your mobile device to see if the issue persists? Also, does the image that you had posted come from the SD card? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2021-11-11
Use props
o2su
lvl.2
France

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-11 01:01
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. We're you able to try reinstalling the app on your mobile device to see if the issue persists? Also, does the image that you had posted come from the SD card? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Thanks for the response, the image is from my phone, but I checked the SD card and they were all black too,
I've not tried re installing the app
I wanted to connect it to DJI Assistant but it's not compatible with the latest Mac OS
2021-11-11
Use props
Akmal Iqkram
lvl.1

Malaysia

o2su Posted at 11-11 01:05
Thanks for the response, the image is from my phone, but I checked the SD card and they were all black too,
I've not tried re installing the app
I wanted to connect it to DJI Assistant but it's not compatible with the latest Mac OS

same with me..
I've tried all the ways
But the results is the same
2021-11-11
Use props
Akmal Iqkram
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-11 01:01
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. We're you able to try reinstalling the app on your mobile device to see if the issue persists? Also, does the image that you had posted come from the SD card? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

All the images in my sd card
All images
2021-11-11
Use props
o2su
lvl.2
France

Akmal Iqkram Posted at 11-11 03:52
same with me..
I've tried all the ways
But the results is the same

I reset my camera settings in the app and the problem went away, but I fear it might come back again, you could try that
2021-11-11
Use props
Akmal Iqkram
lvl.1

Malaysia

o2su Posted at 11-11 04:46
I reset my camera settings in the app and the problem went away, but I fear it might come back again, you could try that

ok thank you
i will try now
2021-11-11
Use props
Akmal Iqkram
lvl.1

Malaysia

Akmal Iqkram Posted at 11-11 04:59
ok thank you
i will try now

thank you very much
it work
2021-11-11
Use props
djiuser_raeW05DjZz7T
New
United States

Same problem here - but I'm on iOS 14.8.1 and it's only since I upgraded to latest firmware version.  I I've been in touch with tech support since Sunday - they keep asking for photos and screenshots of my camera settings.  I've provided these multiple times; it's clear the images are black.  The tech support person is clearly using a script and today - finally - requested photos again (I directed him to the 10+ images I already sent) and said they'd go to R&D for further analysis.

In addition I've provided screenshots from prior to the firmware update showing the "Get Info" panel in the Mac Preview app - it clearly displays the problem with f-stop and shutter speed being wrong.  In AUTO mode there's no issue, so I know the camera functions are fine.  I've attached an image that shows the Mac Preview  information for 2 photos in PRO mode, AEB 3 bracketing, and circled the f number and exposure time.  Red circles show prior to latest firmware update and purple circles show since firmware update.  Early photo shot at 1/240 and most recent photo at 1/400 (mid-day, very bright sun).  
2021-11-11
Use props
o2su
lvl.2
France

djiuser_raeW05DjZz7T Posted at 11-11 12:28
Same problem here - but I'm on iOS 14.8.1 and it's only since I upgraded to latest firmware version.  I I've been in touch with tech support since Sunday - they keep asking for photos and screenshots of my camera settings.  I've provided these multiple times; it's clear the images are black.  The tech support person is clearly using a script and today - finally - requested photos again (I directed him to the 10+ images I already sent) and said they'd go to R&D for further analysis.

In addition I've provided screenshots from prior to the firmware update showing the "Get Info" panel in the Mac Preview app - it clearly displays the problem with f-stop and shutter speed being wrong.  In AUTO mode there's no issue, so I know the camera functions are fine.  I've attached an image that shows the Mac Preview  information for 2 photos in PRO mode, AEB 3 bracketing, and circled the f number and exposure time.  Red circles show prior to latest firmware update and purple circles show since firmware update.  Early photo shot at 1/240 and most recent photo at 1/400 (mid-day, very bright sun).  [view_image]

Looks like the exact same problem, and there must be a lot of us, maybe only on iPhone? I don't know,
I also wasn't able to plug in my MA2 to my Mac since the software isn't compatible with the latest Mac OS
However when I reset my camera settings on the app, the problem went away, though I fear it may come back again
Also since October I've had disconnection issues, happened at least 3 times, and often very slow to connect to the drone
Hope they sort all this stuff out soon!
2021-11-11
Use props
itsdavesdrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The same thing happened to me. iPhone XS using the latest app/firmware on MA2.

In manual photo mode the shutter settings don't change the visual video feed. I heavily underexposed a whole heap of shots on the weekend. When I got home the images were basically black because I was playing around with the shutter trying to get it to work.

At home I turned the drone on and it said next to iso100 an A letter. I have never seen it before. It's some Auto mode bug. You have to play with the iso and raise them then go back to iso 100 to reset it, at least that's what worked for me. There was some update where you can change iso in Auto mode I think but it has introduced a bug into the manual iso settings...

What's also weird is I shot one whole battery of footage fine. But the next two batteries had this issue and all the videos were ok but my photos were black and unusable...
2021-11-11
Use props
Akmal Iqkram
lvl.1

Malaysia

o2su Posted at 11-11 04:46

it happened again this morning..can't play with the shutter but when I push the iso to 200 and go back down to iso 100, I can play the shutter when the drone is off and change to another battery, so it goes back to the issue
2021-11-11
Use props
Akmal Iqkram
lvl.1

Malaysia

itsdavesdrone Posted at 11-11 16:57
The same thing happened to me. iPhone XS using the latest app/firmware on MA2.

In manual photo mode the shutter settings don't change the visual video feed. I heavily underexposed a whole heap of shots on the weekend. When I got home the images were basically black because I was playing around with the shutter trying to get it to work.

I did the same with the iso
2021-11-11
Use props
itsdavesdrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Akmal Iqkram Posted at 11-11 19:19
it happened again this morning..can't play with the shutter but when I push the iso to 200 and go back down to iso 100, I can play the shutter when the drone is off and change to another battery, so it goes back to the issue

Yes, the changing of the iso seems to fix it. But it is a problem... Like I said, it's like it goes into some kind of auto iso mode it says "ISO 100 A" with a little A at the end of the reading. And no matter what shutter you change the image displayed doesn't change exposure. But it is changing it in the background because whatever shutter you have affects the images when you take a photo. The photos taken are not what is displayed on the screen but whatever Shutter amount you have on there I think. It's a video live feed bug where the shutter changes do not affect the displayed image.... since last update.
2021-11-11
Use props
djiuser_raeW05DjZz7T
New
United States

o2su Posted at 11-11 12:34
Looks like the exact same problem, and there must be a lot of us, maybe only on iPhone? I don't know,
I also wasn't able to plug in my MA2 to my Mac since the software isn't compatible with the latest Mac OS
However when I reset my camera settings on the app, the problem went away, though I fear it may come back again

I reinstalled the update, per the support person and also reset the camera settings - no change to underexposing images in PRO mode.  I've requested information/instructions on how to downgrade to previous version on the MA2 - we'll see if they respond.  I'd read that it could be done using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, but it didn't over any other versions than the present one.
2021-11-11
Use props
djiuser_raeW05DjZz7T
New
United States

itsdavesdrone Posted at 11-11 16:57
The same thing happened to me. iPhone XS using the latest app/firmware on MA2.

In manual photo mode the shutter settings don't change the visual video feed. I heavily underexposed a whole heap of shots on the weekend. When I got home the images were basically black because I was playing around with the shutter trying to get it to work.

There's an earlier reply in this thread where the user gave a reminder to update the firmware with each battery installed (so if you have 3 batteries, you'd swap batteries and reload update each time).  Apparently this might be a thing?  I haven't tried this, so I don't know, but none of my batteries had the correct exposure settings in PRO mode after the single update I did.  I'd like to find out how to downgrade to the prior version.
2021-11-11
Use props
Akmal Iqkram
lvl.1

Malaysia

any good news?
2021-11-12
Use props
o2su
lvl.2
France

Might be back to normal now, not sure, Is it normal that the image is darker in 48mp mode?
Everything seems very dark now
2021-11-12
Use props
Akmal Iqkram
lvl.1

Malaysia

o2su Posted at 11-12 23:12
Might be back to normal now, not sure, Is it normal that the image is darker in 48mp mode?
Everything seems very dark now

I don't remember
I be on my drone later
2021-11-13
Use props
Nikos Karampetakis
lvl.1

Greece

Akmal Iqkram Posted at 11-13 03:45
I don't remember
I be on my drone later

I have the same problem. The shutter speed changes in manual mode (photo 48 Mb) to 1/6400 and f/2.8 becomes f/0. The mobile screen doesn't show these changes with a consequence you still take photos which are all black. The auto mode seems that is working well.
2021-11-14
Use props
o2su
lvl.2
France

Nikos Karampetakis Posted at 11-14 07:19
I have the same problem. The shutter speed changes in manual mode (photo 48 Mb) to 1/6400 and f/2.8 becomes f/0. The mobile screen doesn't show these changes with a consequence you still take photos which are all black. The auto mode seems that is working well.

Can someone from DJI intervene?
Seems like an update is needed
2021-11-14
Use props
Nikos Karampetakis
lvl.1

Greece

o2su Posted at 11-14 12:05
Can someone from DJI intervene?
Seems like an update is needed

The answer I got :
"Please pay attention to the Fn-Button on the remote controller. And please change the settings in the app to: "..."->Control->Button Customization->Tap->AE Lock/Unlock.

Then please press the Fn-button once and take some photos in 48MP mode with different ISO and shutter values and press the Fn-Button again to release the AE Lock and retake some photos. Because the AE value will be locked if you pressed the Fn-Button for AE-Lock, in this situation, the ISO or shutter values will not effect the brightness of the picture."
2021-11-19
Use props
James000222
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone figured out a fix for this?  It just started happening to me with the last couple of updates.  I've tried everything in this thread with no success.
2022-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules