change or disable 60 min sleep mode
4393 21 2021-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MadJackal
lvl.2
Russia

Hi.
I tried to find in manual answer on this question but no luck.
How turn off camera without sleep mode? I know that it will not need me the next hour or more and i whant just turn off it

2021-11-11
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Thanks for the feedback, we will prepare a firmware for this.
plz let me know more details about your concern: e.x.
1. the green light shining
2. worry about battery.
3. sth else.
2021-11-11
Use props
MadJackal
lvl.2
Russia

1. a little, it blink to often and really bright
2. yup, addtitional module != battery
3. 60 min too long IMHO, the idea is good, quick response is great, but i feel a little discomfort then i cant tune my device exactly as I want
2021-11-11
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
  • >>>
Hong Kong

MadJackal Posted at 11-11 05:43
1. a little, it blink to often and really bright
2. yup, addtitional module != battery
3. 60 min too long IMHO, the idea is good, quick response is great, but i feel a little discomfort then i cant tune my device exactly as I want

thanks, we are collecting feedback about it and will arrange a firmware for this.
2021-11-11
Use props
MadJackal
lvl.2
Russia

DJI-ytao Posted at 11-11 05:45
thanks, we are collecting feedback about it and will arrange a firmware for this.

I will look forward to the new firmware, thank you
2021-11-11
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think it would be good to give the user the choice of sleep or power off when long pressing the power/record button. We all want to be at the ready when it comes time to film, but that does us no good if the batteries aren't charged from it running down from being in sleep mode instead of being off.
2021-11-11
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1376841 ft
United States

To turn off the camera, just hold down the power button. I'm not sure why 5 responses didn't mention that. The screen will show the power button icon and then turn off.
2021-11-11
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

InsaneDiego Posted at 11-11 12:55
To turn off the camera, just hold down the power button. I'm not sure why 5 responses didn't mention that. The screen will show the power button icon and then turn off.

I'm sure they are turning the camera off by holding down the power button, the issue is that the front screen module keeps flashing for ages after turning the camera off (far longer than I think it would take to recharge the camera unit)
2021-11-11
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
United States

forbsie Posted at 11-11 13:30
I'm sure they are turning the camera off by holding down the power button, the issue is that the front screen module keeps flashing for ages after turning the camera off (far longer than I think it would take to recharge the camera unit)

I noticed that happens. I assume it's the front screen module charging the camera as you said. Is it too long? I have no idea. Of all the things that bother me in the Action 2, this isn't one of them.
2021-11-11
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

InsaneDiego Posted at 11-11 18:41
I noticed that happens. I assume it's the front screen module charging the camera as you said. Is it too long? I have no idea. Of all the things that bother me in the Action 2, this isn't one of them.

Ha ha true! It's not a major bother to me either.

Functionally, the thing that annoys me most is the double-tap to change shooting modes .. dunno how many times I've started a recording or taken a photo when I wanted to change modes! Surely a swipe of the screen ala GoPro would be an easier way to select the mode.
2021-11-11
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
  • >>>
Hong Kong

forbsie Posted at 11-11 18:49
Ha ha true! It's not a major bother to me either.

Functionally, the thing that annoys me most is the double-tap to change shooting modes .. dunno how many times I've started a recording or taken a photo when I wanted to change modes! Surely a swipe of the screen ala GoPro would be an easier way to select the mode.

There are 2 ways to switch mode:
1. double tap the record/power button , the menu shows up. then single tap the button to switch mode
2. directly left-right swap the center area of screen, the menu shows up
2021-11-11
Use props
MadJackal
lvl.2
Russia

InsaneDiego Posted at 11-11 12:55

because it is not so

>> 2.  When powered on:
A.  Press  to  take  photos  or  to  start  or  stop  recording.  In  settings  or  playback,  press  to  return  to  
camera view.
B. Press and hold to enter sleep mode and press again to exit sleep mode. The camera will
automatically power off after 60 minutes in sleep mode. In QuickClip mode, press and hold to
extend recording time while recording.
C. Press twice to switch shooting mode.
2021-11-11
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-ytao Posted at 11-11 19:27
There are 2 ways to switch mode:
1. double tap the record/power button , the menu shows up. then single tap the button to switch mode
2. directly left-right swap the center area of screen, the menu shows up

Thanks, I wasn't aware of #2 .. should have just tried it
2021-11-11
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
United States

MadJackal Posted at 11-11 20:29
because it is not so

>> 2.  When powered on:

Ok. I now see that in the manual. You see the power icon which to me doesn't indicate sleep. AFAIK, I'm not losing battery life but it could be so minimal I wouldn't know. But that would explain the power-on behavior. To turn on the camera you have to hold power for about 1 second before it vibrates (assuming you have that feature enabled). If you power off, you have to wait about 5 seconds for it to complete going to sleep. After that, just tapping the power button turns it back on. I thought I was imagining things, but now I know why it behaves that way.
2021-11-11
Use props
MadJackal
lvl.2
Russia

power management is terrible!
fully charged both modules (connected to each other) and press button for >1sec, cam went to sleep, after 1 hour it turned off. (didnt touch it all the time)
turn on again and check battery
minus 6% (from screen module) by hour in sleep mode, its epic fail
2021-11-11
Use props
MadJackal
lvl.2
Russia

sleep mode 3 times (not a single second of the video was filmed) and -19% of battery is gone
I certainly hope that the next firmware will fix this, but I'm already starting to regret my choice a little, maybe it was worth giving preference to proven solutions, it's very regrettable!
2021-11-12
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

There's a known issue relating to battery drain that DJI have said they are addressing in upcoming FW.

They also said that to shut the camera down completely you have to hold down the button for 8 seconds.  But shutting the camera down may not stop the recharging process from screen module to camera module.  It's.... complicated...
2021-11-12
Use props
junjun
lvl.1

Singapore

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-12 17:01
There's a known issue relating to battery drain that DJI have said they are addressing in upcoming FW.

They also said that to shut the camera down completely you have to hold down the button for 8 seconds.  But shutting the camera down may not stop the recharging process from screen module to camera module.  It's.... complicated...

i seemed to have found a workaround to prevent the screen module from constantly charging the camera module when in sleep:

from powered on state, hold down both buttons on camera and screen module at the same time for it to go to sleep, and continue holding until the green led on screen module goes off then release both buttons.

of course needs further testing, but i didn’t seem to have any battery drain using the above method when both modules are connected and powered off.
2021-11-14
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

junjun Posted at 11-14 08:07
i seemed to have found a workaround to prevent the screen module from constantly charging the camera module when in sleep:

from powered on state, hold down both buttons on camera and screen module at the same time for it to go to sleep, and continue holding until the green led on screen module goes off then release both buttons.

Interesting.  Often with such devices there are secret functions from pressing combinations of buttons.  With this device, there are not very many combinations available of course!
2021-11-14
Use props
MadJackal
lvl.2
Russia

junjun Posted at 11-14 08:07

from powered on state, hold down both buttons on camera and screen module at the same time for it to go to sleep, and continue holding until the green led on screen module goes off then release both buttons.

i think that such a long press leads to some camera reset, in manual wrote about 20 sec for that.
I already test thius function, then main module didnt whant to turn off, it showed shutdown icon on screen, press and hold btn maybe 10-15 sec and it turned off
so it not undeclared function, it just a lucky coincidence

2021-11-15
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi MadJackal, 01.01.08.10 firmware optimized the turn off strategy. you may try and share your thoughts
2021-11-25
Use props
MadJackal
lvl.2
Russia

DJI-ytao Posted at 11-25 22:39
Hi MadJackal, 01.01.08.10 firmware optimized the turn off strategy. you may try and share your thoughts

yup, already tested and its works much better
1 or maybe 2 percents loss in sleep mode in an hour
I think its normal
2021-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules