Panorama shots
540 7 2021-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnny capote
lvl.1

Canada

Hello Im reposting in this forum, I have been using the dji mimo pocket mini for about a year. The last few days when shooting panorama shots, 180, the app mixes photos that I shot months ago. I go to the folder and I get an html file with 9 images, 4 from today and 5 from a random day about 4 months ago. The device stitches the images from four months ago. I delete my images daily from card and camera. No clue why this remains stored, and how would I delete the old photos from months ago, do I have to reformat the card? I'd like to get the new stitch completed before formating the card. Any insights?

In the image below, the first 4 jpg are from a panorama today, and the remainder are from a 3x3 from a while back. No change in settings or upgrade was made in this time frame.
djiCapture.JPG
2021-11-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is very strange.
Never had that.
Are you on RAW + JPEG mode?
2021-11-11
Use props
johnny capote
lvl.1

Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 11-11 23:08
That is very strange.
Never had that.
Are you on RAW + JPEG mode?

It is in Jpg mode. I noticed one that was buggered on a day, then 6 the following day. I figured I could delete the old ones and at least get the panorama to stitch but that was not possible, when I tried. I resorted to dumping everything on an external drive from the card, then formatting the card. It now works through 40 or 50 panoramas so far. I didn't resolve what happened but I'm not stuck at trying to figure it out and not using the device. The timestamp is what has me perplexed as well. We'll see where it goes from here.
2021-11-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

johnny capote Posted at 11-12 13:30
It is in Jpg mode. I noticed one that was buggered on a day, then 6 the following day. I figured I could delete the old ones and at least get the panorama to stitch but that was not possible, when I tried. I resorted to dumping everything on an external drive from the card, then formatting the card. It now works through 40 or 50 panoramas so far. I didn't resolve what happened but I'm not stuck at trying to figure it out and not using the device. The timestamp is what has me perplexed as well. We'll see where it goes from here.

Yes, sometimes you just have to move on.
2021-11-12
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

johnny capote Posted at 11-12 13:30
It is in Jpg mode. I noticed one that was buggered on a day, then 6 the following day. I figured I could delete the old ones and at least get the panorama to stitch but that was not possible, when I tried. I resorted to dumping everything on an external drive from the card, then formatting the card. It now works through 40 or 50 panoramas so far. I didn't resolve what happened but I'm not stuck at trying to figure it out and not using the device. The timestamp is what has me perplexed as well. We'll see where it goes from here.

The .JPG followed by an identical .DNG might lead one to suspect that you were in jpg + raw mode, at least at the time of your posted files.
I have always offloaded the files and formatted the card on the device. Never had lingering files pop up.
2021-11-12
Use props
johnny capote
lvl.1

Canada

Curt1591 Posted at 11-12 13:54
The .JPG followed by an identical .DNG might lead one to suspect that you were in jpg + raw mode, at least at the time of your posted files.
I have always offloaded the files and formatted the card on the device. Never had lingering files pop up.

Definitely in jpg mode, and not in raw. Plus the timestamps are different. My habit was to offload pics and videos then delete from my device once confirmed on new storage. I did not know that it stored an extra copy elsewhere for panorama. Now I know. It has not repeated since. Formatting may be the only way, for now.
2021-11-13
Use props
johnny capote
lvl.1

Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 11-12 13:33
Yes, sometimes you just have to move on.

Yes, indeed.
2021-11-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have seen weird file things in the past with my DJI products, so it does seem to be something that can pop up occasionally.
2021-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules