Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Landing Protection and Braking
4512 25 2021-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
amorrison
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325230 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am new to the DJI Fly app having used Go4 the last fiew years. I don't see any way to disable landing protectdion on the Mavic 3. Also, I generally reduce the braking to the minimum so the drone doesn't do as much of a tail stand when I release the stick.  I don't see any way to adjust these on the DJI Fly app. Am I missing something?
2021-11-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there amorrison. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. Landing Protection will activate during Smart RTH. When the DJI Mavic 3 begins landing, Landing Protection is enabled.
1. During Landing Protection, the drone will automatically detect and carefully land on suitable ground.
2. If the ground is determined unsuitable for landing, the drone will hover and wait for pilot confirmation.
3 If Landing Protection is not operational, DJI Fly will display a landing prompt when the drone descends below 0.5m. Pull down on the throttle stick or use the auto landing slider to land.
Thank you.
2021-11-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-11 19:27
Hello there amorrison. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. Landing Protection will activate during Smart RTH. When the DJI Mavic 3 begins landing, Landing Protection is enabled.
1. During Landing Protection, the drone will automatically detect and carefully land on suitable ground.
2. If the ground is determined unsuitable for landing, the drone will hover and wait for pilot confirmation.

Hi Stephen,

Guess you do not understand that we like the option in the FlyApp to disable Landing Protection.

As you probably know that the Landing Protection does function too when flying with speed at approx 0.5 meter!  Lowering means automatically into AutoLanding, wich can be a disaster for a DJI drone if the remote pilot does not want to land!.  Few DJI drones are lost this way....

So, add few lines to the code and add this option.!

BTW
When flying in Track mode the pilot cannot lower the craft lower than low.
So use this as well for the Landing Protection (LP) ; flying with speed automatically disable LP.

cheers
JJB

2021-11-12
Use props
Ricci.Hidalgo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 155131 ft
Chile

JJB* Posted at 11-12 00:01
Hi Stephen,

Guess you do not understand that we like the option in the FlyApp to disable Landing Protection.

I totally agree with everybody on this thread, I just can't understand why DJI has removed the Landing Protection switch from the Fly App settings, it is such a useful feature as in some cases it is necessary to land the drone on hand as the landing surface is not auspicious for its integrity (It's dangerous to use as a work-around the auto-landing function and then hand catch the Mavic 3).

PLEASE RESTORE THE LANDING PROTECTION SWITCH IN NEW DJI FLY APP RELEASE

I'm sure that would make a lot of happy users!

Ricardo.
2021-11-18
Use props
SilverWing
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8851040 ft
Australia

I'll add my agreement to this thread.  I think landing protection is the single biggest shock I encountered with the M3 - I don't like control taken away from me at any point.  I usually fly with all obstacle detection off - fortunately this is sort of possible by telling the app to neither brake nor bypass.

But the most important thing is to allow us to land as we intend rather than force us to delegate control.  We need every piece of functionality from GO4.  Already it's quite annoying to not be able to tilt & zoom at the same time, and not having the 5D button or C-buttons.  That's hardware though; software can be extended (and definitely should be in the case of a flagship drone such as the Mavic 3).  I love the drone but there are some aspects which are a bit baffling.
2021-11-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ricci.Hidalgo Posted at 11-18 07:53
I totally agree with everybody on this thread, I just can't understand why DJI has removed the Landing Protection switch from the Fly App settings, it is such a useful feature as in some cases it is necessary to land the drone on hand as the landing surface is not auspicious for its integrity (It's dangerous to use as a work-around the auto-landing function and then hand catch the Mavic 3).

PLEASE RESTORE THE LANDING PROTECTION SWITCH IN NEW DJI FLY APP RELEASE

Don’t think they removed it. They just haven’t added it yet…
2021-11-21
Use props
fans255658e0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4554360 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also vote for disabling Landing Protection. I used my Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 to film promo videos and photos for boating catalogs. It’s much safer to hover the drone above the boat and land it in my hand than trying to land on a bouncing boat. If I can’t do this on the Mavic 3 by Spring, it’ll be going back to DJI.

The list of broken/coming items is pretty long at this point. I don’t have high expectations, understand they shipped the drone half-baked and that’s OK. But I wish DJI would at least identify that these features are coming, or not coming…

Just flew again, my M3 range is horrible vs. my M2, and when I brought it back home, the altimeter thought the landing zone was 60 feet above ground….
2021-11-30
Use props
fans13763adc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1816611 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello, i m agree with  you..

PLEASE RESTORE THE LANDING PROTECTION SWITCH IN NEW DJI FLY APP RELEASE.
AND RESTORE BREAK parameters.

Impossible for me to fly on the sea !

2022-2-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If I remember correctly DJI have been asked to add an on/off switch for landing protection ever since the Fly app was launched (Nov 2019?). If they haven't done it by now why would they do it in future?
2022-2-10
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

The fly app needs some work.  It is barely acceptable in it's current state.
2022-2-10
Use props
djiuser_66LinyKBlkt1
lvl.1
Canada

I only started flying the M3 in March 2022 and I have been shocked at the lack of features on this platform.  I’m happy to see that this kind of message has been relayed to DJI by so many people.  

I just don’t get it.  Make a “professional” $5000 drone and then load its software with amateurish features.  Please please please bring back all of the manual type features from the GO4 app.  It’s baffling.  Please sort it out.  
2022-4-22
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2021-11-21 08:25
Don’t think they removed it. They just haven’t added it yet…
There he is again with a very good answer
You are a big joke!
2022-4-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DRAGenDROP Posted at 4-24 00:29
There he is again with a very good answer
You are a big joke!

I suppose you think you have real objections to correct answers , its easy to see who the joker is here.
2022-4-24
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Landing protection is more dangerous than just allowing us to land the drone ourselves. Let us pilot the drones and make decisions during landing.
2022-4-25
Use props
fanscd7a9047
New

Brazil

I cut a finger pretty badly trying to land the M3 on a boat, really not ideal. I did see a video saying sport mode solves this, not sure if anyone has tried? I will try next time I fly. Not ideal cause it’s the worst mode to land in, but better than the incredibly unintelligent landing protection..?
2022-5-7
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 4-24 00:36
I suppose you think you have real objections to correct answers , its easy to see who the joker is here.

Yes very easy to see, that you have no answers for anyting!
2022-5-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

DRAGenDROP Posted at 5-24 11:52
Yes very easy to see, that you have no answers for anyting!

Grow up stop being a clown and a troll….
2022-5-24
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 5-24 11:54
Grow up stop being a clown and a troll….

I stop when you are leaving this world!
2022-5-24
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DRAGenDROP Posted at 5-24 12:03
I stop when you are leaving this world!

Nobody asked your opinion. So if you have nothing positive to add to this post then leave. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
2022-5-24
Use props
TomPhotography
lvl.4
Flight distance : 113881 ft
France

Unbelievable been blocked by this feature … almost got crashed, 20 minutes descent time because the bottom sensor was obstructed…
2022-7-7
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TomPhotography Posted at 7-7 12:28
Unbelievable been blocked by this feature … almost got crashed, 20 minutes descent time because the bottom sensor was obstructed…

Didn't even consider that this was a possibility. Another reason we should have the option to disable this STUPID setting.
2022-7-8
Use props
djiuser_YQmZ6Kfu6Nem
lvl.3
Flight distance : 708307 ft

Philippines

october 2, 2022 took off my air 2 from a concrete car park and as i initiated manual landing on same spot, drone was resisting to descend at 30feet height. gave me no choice but to do a full throttle down to auto land instead as sport mode doesnt work on disabling bottom sensor and drone just keeps maintaining a 30feet distance from the ground. last time while i was flying and was descending i never realized the full down throttle has already initiated an auto vertical landing. any thoughts on this?

h  
2022-10-4
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Visual Air Posted at 5-24 12:41
Nobody asked your opinion. So if you have nothing positive to add to this post then leave. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

2022-10-27
Use props
Joe Dawson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1790384 ft
Canada

It is 2023 and we still need the option to remove landing protection.
2023-8-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Joe Dawson Posted at 8-13 06:12

Come back when your great grand children are learning to fly, they might have got around to it by then.
2023-8-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Joe Dawson Posted at 8-13 06:12

Hi, Joe. We appreciate your feedback. We will take note of this and forward it to our relevant team for attention. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
2023-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules