Auto Screen Sleep?
3479 5 2021-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1376841 ft
United States

I am looking for the setting where the camera is still ON, but the screen is OFF, while it waits for the Sleep Mode timer to expire. I want the screen to turn off after 1 minute and the sleep mode timer is set for 5 minutes. I see two options but neither do this. Option 1 is to always have the power module screen off, Option 2 is to turn off the screen while recording.

I ride a bike and I use the Voice Command since I don't have hands. I don't need the screen on except to start a recording. Having the screen on all the time has to use battery right? Am I missing something? Thanks.
2021-11-11
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

you may choose "screen off when locked"  in the setting.

Then u lock the screen,  screen will be off immediately
2021-11-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there InsaneDiego. Thank you for reaching out and for this inquiry.  Kindly please refer to the post ( #2 ) given above by DJI-ytao if you are able to do the settings that you need on your DJI Action 2. Thank you.
2021-11-11
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
United States

DJI-ytao Posted at 11-11 19:17
you may choose "screen off when locked"  in the setting.

Then u lock the screen,  screen will be off immediately

That isn't exactly what I'm looking for but I can see how that's helpful in some circumstances.

There are several reasons why this shouldn't be the only method.

1. It means the front screen is always off by default since it is always locked. I would have to remember to change that setting when I'm finished riding or unlock the screen before recording.

2. I have to do just the opposite on the camera. I would have to lock it when I start riding to keep it off. The only issue with that, is when using voice control, I am solely dependant on hearing the beeps for on/off. That isn't always reliable. I love to look down and see the screen come on. If it's on, I know it's recording.

The ultimate solution is adding a 3rd option, turn off the screens after xx seconds/minutes during recording. I doubt we'll see that in a future firmware update. I'll have to try the screen lock option and see what kind of increase I get in battery life. Thanks.
2021-11-11
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

"The ultimate solution is adding a 3rd option, turn off the screens after xx seconds/minutes during recording. I doubt we'll see that in a future firmware update. "

Yes, you won't see it in an update.  How do I know?  Well, it's already there... look more closely at the main menu setup options.
2021-11-13
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-13 00:51
"The ultimate solution is adding a 3rd option, turn off the screens after xx seconds/minutes during recording. I doubt we'll see that in a future firmware update. "

Yes, you won't see it in an update.  How do I know?  Well, it's already there... look more closely at the main menu setup options.

Whoops, yes. I must have been tired when I wrote that. I want the screen to auto-off when it is NOT recording so it saves battery. GoPro calls it a Screen Saver.  It's basically the same setting as the Action 2 has for recording but it is for both recording mode and stand by mode.
2021-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules