Action 2, Some Videos won't play
3027 2 2021-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1376841 ft
United States

I just got an Action 2 and I'm using Mimo for the first time. I can play the videos in low-res from the camera. I downloaded 5 files. 4 of them 4k/30fps @ h.264. The 5th one was 4k Slo. I'm running a Motorola Edge 2021 with Android 11.

• First file is sound only, no picture.
  • Second file plays fine.
  • Third file plays find but I get a prompt that I have to click OK on, Can't play this video.
  • Fourth file was also sound only, but no that I've been playing for a while, it now is mimicking #3.
  • The final file is SLO and that plays fine.

I exported the first file to Photo Album and it plays fine. What gives? I see some chatter that the app might not work on Android 11 and certain phones. Do I fall under that category?

2021-11-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there InsaneDiego. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Motorola Edge 2021 with Android 11 ) that you are using on your DJI Action 2. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI action camera and with the DJI Mimo application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Motorola Edge 2021 with Android 11 will be able to work on the DJI Mimo application and on the DJI Action 2 . But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and for the said DJI action camera we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on your DJI Action 2. For reference I will post a DJI link  where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Action 2 ( https://www.dji.com/dji-action-2/downloads ) . In addition, rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the said list in the future. Thank you.
2021-11-11
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1376841 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-11 20:41
Hello there InsaneDiego. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Motorola Edge 2021 with Android 11 ) that you are using on your DJI Action 2. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI action camera and with the DJI Mimo application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Motorola Edge 2021 with Android 11 will be able to work on the DJI Mimo application and on the DJI Action 2 . But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and for the said DJI action camera we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on your DJI Action 2. For reference I will post a DJI link  where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Action 2 ( https://www.dji.com/dji-action-2/downloads ) . In addition, rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the said list in the future. Thank you.

Thanks. Since I just bought my phone last month, I'm not going out and buying a recommended mobile device. This is an industry-wide problem with everything going mobile. I have a $700 phone that doesn't work with everything. That's ridiculous. To be fair, it doesn't do my 360 videos from GoPro either. It does 144mhz screen refresh in 4k though! So it has some kind of power.

The good news is, I mostly use my phone as a phone. If I want to edit a video, I'll take it to my computer.
2021-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules