9981 162 2021-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
United States

@DJI Mods, Please take this back to your enginerring department and software department that we have paid alot for the Mavic 3 and the least we can get is Waypoints on the Flyapp or they need to release the SDK so that this can be implemented by others
Single SelectVote, Total 199 people participate in voting
23.62% (47)
73.37% (146)
3.02% (6)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2021-11-12
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... oh, that would be really nice!
"Program" a route and then fly it (several times), for example at different times of the day, in different weather (cloud cover) etc. pp.

2021-11-12
Use props
Ulven
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1195394 ft
  • >>>
Norway

frankymusik Posted at 11-12 00:27
"Program" a route and then fly it (several times), for example at different times of the day, in different weather (cloud cover) etc. pp.

I use waypoints often when i had the Mavic Pro, use it still on my Mavic 2 Pro and really want it on the Mavic 3 too
I use it to fly the same route through a period to document changes/progress during builds/constructions.
I Really hope that DJI implement this.
2021-11-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 11-12 00:27

I enjoy waypoints, setting a predetermined route is a very nice feature especially in a drone that costs a bundle.
2021-11-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 Waypoints is a must.
2021-11-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Ulven Posted at 11-12 00:31
I use waypoints often when i had the Mavic Pro, use it still on my Mavic 2 Pro and really want it on the Mavic 3 too
I use it to fly the same route through a period to document changes/progress during builds/constructions.
I Really hope that DJI implement this.

I am sure that if the votes go in our favour and there are plenty of pilots on here that want this feature, as their customers Dji needs to add this on and cannot ignore us for a drone that's costs as much as this.
2021-11-12
Use props
pap1956
lvl.2

Mexico

absolutely critical to have Wpts or release SDK so that Litchi can add support for Mavic 3. Otherwise it is useless for any serious phtogrammetric work....Aso to be able to have contimuous shots by distance (20 m) or tme (2 s) so that shots can be taken at a pre calculated interval to assure a certain image overlap
2021-11-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Dji waypoints were are very disappointing cumbersome. So i really hope they can offer up SDK that company like litchi can create a proper waypoint program.
2021-11-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

+1 for Waypoints.  I'd like to see it in Fly App but would probably be better implemented by Litchi if DJI releases the SDK.  Unless I missed it still no SDK for Air2S or Mini 2.  
2021-11-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Could not vote for 1+2
That would be best.
2021-11-12
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

A PRO  drone without waypoints. Air 2S had no waypoints Mavic 3 without. I don't understand why? What is the problem with Waypoints? Is it so difficult? DJI already had this feature. they can make it better and install it in DJI FLY
2021-11-12
Use props
FRCornelis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1252884 ft
  • >>>
United States

+1 Waypoints, it's a must on this PRO aircraft, it must be implemented within the Fly App
2021-11-12
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

According to Ray (DC RainMaker), DJI has no plans to implement waypoints for the Mavic 3.
2021-11-12
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

So crazy that the very first Drones DJI offered had waypoints in the day. 10 times the cost and no waypoints.
2021-11-12
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

3k price no waypoint
2021-11-12
Use props
marciano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8748281 ft
Uruguay

Seems there’s no plan for Mavic 3 SDK/Fly, not even in Jan 2022. Will not upgrade to M3, maybe to M2 from my P4P
2021-11-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
United States

pap1956 Posted at 11-12 01:47
absolutely critical to have Wpts or release SDK so that Litchi can add support for Mavic 3. Otherwise it is useless for any serious phtogrammetric work....Aso to be able to have contimuous shots by distance (20 m) or tme (2 s) so that shots can be taken at a pre calculated interval to assure a certain image overlap

Honestly, I prefer Litchi for waypoints, so much easier and smoother
2021-11-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-12 01:53
Dji waypoints were are very disappointing cumbersome. So i really hope they can offer up SDK that company like litchi can create a proper waypoint program.

As we know from previous experience Dji would drag their feet with releasing the SDK, but hopefully we can get enough support to force them into doing this sooner rather than after a few years as we paid a hearty price tag for a premium drone which should have features that a drone at half its price had.
2021-11-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Niknik Posted at 11-12 09:30
A PRO  drone without waypoints. Air 2S had no waypoints Mavic 3 without. I don't understand why? What is the problem with Waypoints? Is it so difficult? DJI already had this feature. they can make it better and install it in DJI FLY

True or they should have given the M3 in Go4 which was already capable of doing waypoints.
2021-11-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Pappy3 Posted at 11-12 10:47
According to Ray (DC RainMaker), DJI has no plans to implement waypoints for the Mavic 3.

Lets hope they have a change of heart, all it takes is their customers to force them into doing this. Without us buying their products there is no DJI.
2021-11-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
United States

@DJI, please read on the comments here and realise that YOUR customers, who spend thousands of dollars on your products wants features that were available on much older drones like the Mavic Pro. Other manufactures are able to implement these things in their lower budget drones wo why can't you. We pay the heavy price tag for these drones in hope that we get premium features and reliability. PLEASE LISTEN to your consumers that are not asking for much except some easy to implement features or just release the SDK files so third party app developers can give these to us- we will still be VERY VERY VERY HAPPY with that.
2021-11-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 11-12 15:00
As we know from previous experience Dji would drag their feet with releasing the SDK, but hopefully we can get enough support to force them into doing this sooner rather than after a few years as we paid a hearty price tag for a premium drone which should have features that a drone at half its price had.

I really hope it does happen, would like to get back to using litchi again.

Have you moved to France ?
2021-11-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 11-12 15:25
I really hope it does happen, would like to get back to using litchi again.

Have you moved to France ?

Yeah, I really miss Litchi. Still living in New Zealand, using a VPN for Netflix so locations keeps moving around
2021-11-12
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe someone can clearly explain why they use waypoints. I can't see how that would be of use, but am very willing to learn. I have used wayponts on my boat's Nav unit but that is for regular navigated courses and points. I can see that being useful for fishermen but not much otherwise.
2021-11-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

The lack of features has been very disappointing.  I am not enjoying my 3 as much as the 2 so far.  To think we won't even have waypoints seems like a major loss of capability.  I'm very discouraged.
2021-11-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 11-12 20:23
Maybe someone can clearly explain why they use waypoints. I can't see how that would be of use, but am very willing to learn. I have use wayponts on my boat's Nav unit but that is for regular navigated courses and points. I can see that being useful for fishermen but not much otherwise.

@GaryDoug, I use them when making videos of vacant land where there are zero notable landmarks and references nearby.  Many vacant properties in the desert have a very hard to define boundary when you are in a county with little to no construction yet.  Bottom line, you can find a point on the maps app on your phone.  You would think you could send a drone to a point as well.  Works great on my Mavic 2.
2021-11-12
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 11-12 21:20
@GaryDoug, I use them when making videos of vacant land where there are zero notable landmarks and references nearby.  Many vacant properties in the desert have a very hard to define boundary when you are in a county with little to no construction yet.  Bottom line, you can find a point on the maps app on your phone.  You would think you could send a drone to a point as well.  Works great on my Mavic 2.

That's a very good use and good for you. But maybe a little esoteric for the rest of us. Thanks.

I will take a trip on that with my M2 as well, just for fun.
2021-11-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

GaryDoug Posted at 11-12 20:23
Maybe someone can clearly explain why they use waypoints. I can't see how that would be of use, but am very willing to learn. I have used wayponts on my boat's Nav unit but that is for regular navigated courses and points. I can see that being useful for fishermen but not much otherwise.

As much as I Love free flight I prefer waypoints because I can set a predetermined flight route and set in that route at which point I want the drone to take a photo, at what height etc etc. Waypoints makes it so much easier for me especially on Litchi.
2021-11-12
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

The big use case for me is a time lapse over weeks or months, for a construction project. The ability to automate precise positioning over long periods is key for that. I would imagine that other users would have similar uses.

Definitely worth keeping up the pressure on DJI to either add waypoints to Fly or expand the SDK to M3.
2021-11-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Nicodema Posted at 11-13 01:39
The big use case for me is a time lapse over weeks or months, for a construction project. The ability to automate precise positioning over long periods is key for that. I would imagine that other users would have similar uses.

Definitely worth keeping up the pressure on DJI to either add waypoints to Fly or expand the SDK to M3.

That version of timelapse waypoints will be available with FW update in January.
2021-11-14
Use props
SamiFr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3682231 ft
  • >>>
France

I would also need much more than Waypoints, so olease Dji, consider this list for the Mavic 3 Cine (full article of what is missing on M3C for a pro drone pilot  is here https://www.hosiho.net/en/blog/hosiho-drone-network-s-news/89-should-you-wait-before-buying-the-dji-mavic-3-cine-if-you-are-a-professional-drone-pilot.html)
Thanks!
Questions to DJI about the Mavic 3 Cine
(as of Nov. 12th, 2021)

• For DJI, is the Mavic 3 Cine a consumer or a professional drone?
  • At this price, why did you release the M3C too early without all the features?
  • Why do we have to wait more than 2.5 months to get the essential functionalities like Panorama Photos, Hyperlapse, Active Track, etc?
  • The Dji Fly App is too simple for a professional pilot: why did you drop Dji GO 4? Are there any plans for a Dji Fly Pro?
  • Why is it impossible to install Dji Fly on your CrystalSky monitors?
  • We have listed the shortcomings of the version to be released in early November 2021: can you tell us what is likely to be added in terms of features, settings, etc.?
Let's go through the most important shortcomings of the M3C in our opinion:  

• We would like a real Tripod Mode with the possibility to adjust the Horizontal and Vertical speed as well: is this envisaged?
    • Rough and aggressive behaviour of the M3C in flight even in Cine mode: could we access and modify the parameters to adapt them to each pilot?
    • Should there be a stop when zooming with the 24mm from x& to x4 in order to avoid going to x7 with a jump of images?
    • Zoom only at 30p: no 25p for Europe? No ProRes? No Dlog in Expolre mode?
    • Normal Profile is too excessive (colours and contrast): would a CineLike Profile be possible, as well as a set of Style settings like the Mavic 2 pro or Phantom.4 pro?
    • Bring back a HQ/FOV mode like on the Mavic 2 pro please!
    • Iso at 400 or 800 in DLog Profile: why not from 100 to 1600 Iso like M2p?
    • Bring back the choice of file indexing mode, e.g. Continuous as on Dji GO 4?
    • ProRes recording on the 1T° SSD: why not also record  on a microSD card a H265/264 file like on the Inspire 2?
    • Will there be Waypoints?
    • Are there any plans to offer the Raw/Dng codec in video?
    • Can you allow keyboard input of Distance or Altitude limits?
    • Allow the pilot to enter the battery warning thresholds like on Dji GO 4?
    • With the x7 telephoto lens, we need to be able to shoot in ProRes and photograph in Raw/Dng: is this possible?
    • Last but not least: why not add a direct access to the shutter and aperture adjustment on the 5D button instead of a knob like on all other good drones (or cameras)? One move up/down for the aperture, one move left/right for the shutter. It is very important to be able to change these values while flying.
2021-11-14
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

SamiFr Posted at 11-14 11:29
I would also need much more than Waypoints, so olease Dji, consider this list for the Mavic 3 Cine (full article of what is missing on M3C for a pro drone pilot  is here https://www.hosiho.net/en/blog/hosiho-drone-network-s-news/89-should-you-wait-before-buying-the-dji-mavic-3-cine-if-you-are-a-professional-drone-pilot.html)
Thanks!
Questions to DJI about the Mavic 3 Cine(as of Nov. 12th, 2021)

These are some very good points and features that needs to be raised with Dji, it is truely sad that a Mod has not got on here to advise us what is going to happen.
2021-11-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

SamiFr Posted at 11-14 11:29
I would also need much more than Waypoints, so olease Dji, consider this list for the Mavic 3 Cine (full article of what is missing on M3C for a pro drone pilot  is here https://www.hosiho.net/en/blog/hosiho-drone-network-s-news/89-should-you-wait-before-buying-the-dji-mavic-3-cine-if-you-are-a-professional-drone-pilot.html)
Thanks!
Questions to DJI about the Mavic 3 Cine(as of Nov. 12th, 2021)

I’m not sure if you already have M3 or not. Start at 15

15/ you will on Pro remote be able to control shutter speed as you could on SC “Not Sure About Aperture
7/ there are very good reasons for 400/800 iso and this includes “BETTER NOISE REDUCTION” I can explain  but its long winded.
4/ 24fps is much more suitable than 25fps for Europe . IE all cinema movies or at least 90% are filmed in 24fps good enough for me.
2/ From what I hear and read Cine Mode is now much more like tripod that we had on P4P , I have also found that Air mini 2 and Air2s ar probably the smoothest dji craft out of the box and found it impossible using controls in the app to make them any better, but maybe with expo like M2 we can improve but I could not get me M2P or Z to fly smoother than the Air or Air2.

For photographers the fly app is a much preferred app, you are completely clutter free to set correct exposures something thats impossible with go4 , I’m sure you notice that the black box covers half of your screen when trying to set shutter Aperture or Iso, making it impossible to get correct exposures so having to continually go in and out of settings all the time “not” being able to see if what’s in your frame is exposed correctly, a task much simpler in fly app. I think at this point fly app is much cleaner faster much less trawling through menus and more practical than go4. Yes a pro version but I wouldn’t or don’t believe that amateur users lack the understanding to follow a pro app. As it stands I think go4 has 2 things that are missing on Fly app, in fact its only 1 1/2.

So many of the rest of your points I agree with.
2021-11-14
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

am i wrong, why am i the only one who is thinking waypoints can be misused and abused and dji doesn't want any part of it and if you want it, get it from a third party like litchi?  when it comes to nefarious drone use, this is what i think:  waypoints certainly has plenty of business applications and many good uses but it won't do anything that you can't already do yourself....except automatically and with great precision.  if you really need it for business use, that's what all those business related app are for.  otherwise, there's no real need for the recreational flyer to have waypoints.  for a nefarious perspective, the drone can be armed and launched for a one-way mission up to 30 minutes away.  it can escape and evade and avoid detection by making turns and taking different routes.  a remote-control drone can leave the area going in one direction can turn around and head in a different direction later.  never mind vlos, just program the waypoints, launch, and watch the screen from inside your truck or home or the roof top.  it even works with no rc connected.  im a fan but something tells me dji is not a fan and if you want it, go get it but we won't be supplying it; even though there are other drone companies that don't mind.  remember, we don't know what dji has been told.  does anyone disagree?  my guess is you will never again see waypoints on a dji drone if it doesn't come soon in the next few m3 sw updates.
2021-11-14
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

For a professional level drone like the Mavic 3, an SDK is a must that allows autonomous waypoint missions!  It would not be acceptable to just have the SDK support only virtual sticks like the recent consumer level Mini series and Air series drones!  

Having said that, keep in mind that I believe Waypoints weren't released for the Mavic 2 until about 5 months after the initial release.  So hopefully if DJI doesn't include them in the January 2022 firmware update, they come soon thereafter!
2021-11-14
Use props
DroneInspect_at
lvl.2
Austria

I really would love waypoints on Mavic 3!
I need it for construction documentation to shoot the same pictures and videos from exactly the same point of view several times over long period.
At the moment I need to use my Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced wasting battery power on a thermal drone for imaging only - not happy with that!
2021-11-15
Use props
Michaelpop84
lvl.3
Flight distance : 264354 ft
Luxembourg

Waypoints is an absolute must.
Just one example: How to create a timelapse over several months or seasons from the same location, regardless if we speak about photo, video or 360 pano? You can't right now. With the Air2 and Air 2S I kind of understood: adding this pro feature would have killed the mavic pro. But now? What's the excuse? Really paid more than for a prosumer, and we get...some funny features, but not too much of the professional ones.
It is true, Waypoints never worked well with the DJI Go 4, therefore Litchi and Dronelink became kind of sacred apps. Let this continue. It's not enough that the drone now has a polyphonic startup sound. It's even worse, it reminds me of Nokia, which towards the end of its existance, when they didn't listen to the markets, they added such "cool" feature like polyphonic sounds.
2021-11-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Michaelpop84 Posted at 11-15 13:01
Waypoints is an absolute must.
Just one example: How to create a timelapse over several months or seasons from the same location, regardless if we speak about photo, video or 360 pano? You can't right now. With the Air2 and Air 2S I kind of understood: adding this pro feature would have killed the mavic pro. But now? What's the excuse? Really paid more than for a prosumer, and we get...some funny features, but not too much of the professional ones.
It is true, Waypoints never worked well with the DJI Go 4, therefore Litchi and Dronelink became kind of sacred apps. Let this continue. It's not enough that the drone now has a polyphonic startup sound. It's even worse, it reminds me of Nokia, which towards the end of its existance, when they didn't listen to the markets, they added such "cool" feature like polyphonic sounds.

Well looks like dji have said NO to waypoints. Strange how this is always contentious in dji drones.
2021-11-16
Use props
Michaelpop84
lvl.3
Flight distance : 264354 ft
Luxembourg

hallmark007 Posted at 11-16 06:43
Well looks like dji have said NO to waypoints. Strange how this is always contentious in dji drones.

Yes, as posted and discussed the days before, one of the many wrong decisions with the Mavic 3.
- 7x zoom for the second camera instead of a decent 4x zoom
- no plans for Raw for the second camera
- no waypoints
Basically an Air2S at more than double price and a bit better camera. Sorry, it doesn't do what it has to do.
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/imag ... eatures-Nov2021.jpg
2021-11-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Michaelpop84 Posted at 11-16 10:28
Yes, as posted and discussed the days before, one of the many wrong decisions with the Mavic 3.
- 7x zoom for the second camera instead of a decent 4x zoom
- no plans for Raw for the second camera

Ahh I think if you go back over 2 1/2 years worse was said about M2P , it doesn’t use all its sensor no waypoints distortion no precision landing etc, 10 times more people complaining on this forum. Same could be said about Mavic 1 that was a complete disaster, yet these drones turned out to be true flagships for dji “and why” because they weren’t finished when they started and somehow with updates they became everybody’s favorite drone.
So I’m not worried that it doesn’t have waypoints M2 DIDNT for 6 months, I bought because it had 4/3 camera zoom is a bonus and I still believe this will get updates. I also believe that updates will bring some unexpected updates.

This is nothing new every dji release begins with problems in fact every drone begins with some problems like Autel tilted horizon, but they never fixed this, dji always seem able to fix and improve their drones.

So far the Camera has got reasonably good feedback and how craft flys and battery time is a real plus. I think its a lot better than Air2s and will get much better as it goes.

I do hope that we might see something grow out of SDK.
2021-11-16
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules