10012 162 2021-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

frankymusik Posted at 3-23 07:26
... the separation into "consumer" and "professional" drones may have only become really obvious with the M3, right?

I guess we won't know until DJI have finished adding what they are going to add so could be end of year before we really know?
2022-3-23
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

How did this post pop back up in the front of the threads? I was the last poster on this 23rd March?

I see this is a poll thread, if someone votes is the thread sent to the top of the list?
2022-4-9
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Bussty Posted at 4-9 13:42
How did this post pop back up in the front of the threads? I was the last poster on this 23rd March?

[view_image]

That's what I have observed. It moves to the top and no new comments.
2022-4-9
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Mobilehomer Posted at 4-9 13:43
That's what I have observed. It moves to the top and no new comments.

Good to know thanks!  Makes sense I guess keeps the "issues" front of mind...
2022-4-9
Use props
#DroneTech
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Bussty Posted at 4-9 13:42
How did this post pop back up in the front of the threads? I was the last poster on this 23rd March?

[view_image]

Maybe waypoints is inevitable
2022-4-9
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

#DroneTech Posted at 4-9 14:30

Hoping so...
2022-4-9
Use props
BladeZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1111969 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a question.  The waypoints you are referring too, is the same as hyperlapse waypoiints?
2022-4-9
Use props
#DroneTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

BladeZ Posted at 4-9 16:48
I have a question.  The waypoints you are referring too, is the same as hyperlapse waypoiints?

No, this is a waypoints on itself that allows the user to carry out mission flights where you can set your route in the map, set the drone camera to what you require it to do, set the distance between each point etc.
2022-4-9
Use props
djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1078150 ft
United States

Nicodema Posted at 2021-11-13 01:39
The big use case for me is a time lapse over weeks or months, for a construction project. The ability to automate precise positioning over long periods is key for that. I would imagine that other users would have similar uses.

Definitely worth keeping up the pressure on DJI to either add waypoints to Fly or expand the SDK to M3.

You get them with hyperlapse. My guess is you want to fly to a point and keep take photos. You can kind of hack it with hyperlapse waypoints.
2022-4-19
Use props
In Helsinki
lvl.1
Flight distance : 277064 ft
United States

I purchased a Mavic 3 and it is sitting right here next to me, unopened. I have been a little tardy in learning that it does not support Waypoints and there is no SDK in the wild yet. I M-U-S-T have Waypoints, I M-U-S-T have Dronedeploy and DJI won't let me have either. THIS DRONE GETS SENT BACK TO AMAZON TODAY! I will manage with my Mavic 2 which supports everything (but not remote ID yet.)
2022-9-23
Use props
In Helsinki
lvl.1
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2021-11-16 11:49
Unless the implementation of Waypoints is drastically better than it was on the Mavic 2, I'd be happy for them to just not waste the effort to get it into the Fly app.  Instead put that time into making sure the SDK is solid and can support autonomous waypoint missions so that 3rd party apps that are awesome at it (like Litchi) can support it with their way better software!

I suppose you have learned by now that DJI has prioritized the release of an SDK for Mavic 3 and certainly for DJI Mini 3 Pro very, very low, and that their own people have said that (not my words), and that there are no plans to show up with the pivotal SDK until sometime in 2023 (if ever?). This is BS. They are skimming off the top early buyers who blindly buy and starve resources to their software development team to get the damn SDKs out. Or, they are playing a game where they lower the bar on functionality to bait buyers to 'buy up' to get them. This is total idiocy.
2022-9-23
Use props
In Helsinki
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j Posted at 4-19 13:56
You get them with hyperlapse. My guess is you want to fly to a point and keep take photos. You can kind of hack it with hyperlapse waypoints.

No, Hyperlapse Waypoints is not Waypoints. It is fake Waypoints. Who wants to or who has time to fly routes twice and fiddle with endless settings and never have a real video using Waypoints?
2022-9-23
Use props
In Helsinki
lvl.1
United States

#DroneTech Posted at 4-9 14:30

.... and maybe not. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am not prepared to bet $3,000 on 'maybe' ... 'maybe' they will come up with Waypoints, 'maybe' they will release an SDK, 'maybe' I can use DroneDeploy, 'maybe' they will let Litchi fill in the missing features. I am sending back an unopened Mavic 3 Pro this day, sending back an extra battery, sending back a carrying case, sending back a multiple battery charger and will live with my Mavic 2 until DJI stops abusing customers by TAKING AWAY FEATURES AND FUNCTIONALITY IN NEW, MORE EXPENSIVE DRONE MODELS! IS THIS THE WAY A CHINESE COMPANY TREATS ITS CUSTOMERS?
2022-9-23
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

In Helsinki Posted at 9-23 01:37
No, Hyperlapse Waypoints is not Waypoints. It is fake Waypoints. Who wants to or who has time to fly routes twice and fiddle with endless settings and never have a real video using Waypoints?

But, it is proof that waypoints ARE possible with a very simple update. If waypoints are available for Hyperlapse, they could and SHOULD be available for all flights.
2022-9-23
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI, not that anybody cares, but this is bad product management.  You are missing consumer expectations.
2022-9-23
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

+ 1 DJI please add Waypoints to Dji Fly app.
2022-9-25
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

I have said this before, DJI, take notice. There are waypoints already. Just make them available for general flying. That should be a simple software switch. At least for the Mavic 3 and Air 2S!!!
2022-9-25
Use props
DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2021-11-12 01:53
Dji waypoints were are very disappointing cumbersome. So i really hope they can offer up SDK that company like litchi can create a proper waypoint program.

And there he is again, notting to tell, only letting  know he thinks he knows it, the plate in front of your head is so so thick, there is no hammer to get it away.
2022-9-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DRAGenDROP Posted at 9-25 09:59
And there he is again, notting to tell, only letting  know he thinks he knows it, the plate in front of your head is so so thick, there is no hammer to get it away.

And what is it you have to say ?
2022-9-26
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

M3 Enterprise released and the waypoints needed on that device. Most probably they're working on it and will release soon. So they will decide to release for M3 too or not.
Just to give a comment on that; There is no logic reason not to release waypoints for M3. There isn't anyone who buys M3, will buy Enterprise for waypoints or vice versa.
2022-9-28
Use props
Z Axis Images
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Does the Mavic 3 Enterprise offer waypoints?
2022-10-6
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Z Axis Images Posted at 10-6 04:54
Does the Mavic 3 Enterprise offer waypoints?

https://www.google.com/search?q= ... chrome&ie=UTF-8
2022-10-6
Use props
leomuni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1192152 ft
Argentina

Last week I bought the M3, the first drone I bought in my life and it doesn't have an SDK or waypoints.  The worst of all is that in that same week DJI launched the enterprise version with everything I needed... FFF for me...
2022-10-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

leomuni Posted at 10-6 06:15
Last week I bought the M3, the first drone I bought in my life and it doesn't have an SDK or waypoints.  The worst of all is that in that same week DJI launched the enterprise version with everything I needed... FFF for me...

If you done some research you would have picked up that enterprise was imminent. One week are you able to return for refund ?
2022-10-6
Use props
aerovideos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 799268 ft
  • >>>
France

Please,
SDK for macic , mini 3 have to be release.
Right now more than 500 signature of little company Ask for sdk third part app.
Thanks

https://www.change.org/p/dji-please-give-the-mavic-3-sdk-support-just-as-your-older-drones-have?recruiter=1278490849&recruited_by_id=1c7cc6e0-40ae-11ed-a4ca-6f4deed5f2ec&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=petition_dashboard
2022-10-7
Use props
russellg
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

pretty please for waypoints.
2022-10-11
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

All we want for Christmas is waypoints for M3.
This poll is nearly a year old, 97% want waypoints for M3.
DJI please make us happy this Christmas.
Imagine all those beautiful snow videos we can make with waypoints.
2022-10-15
Use props
a2k
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4752300 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI does not want to put waypoints in "consumer or prosumer" drones. The proof is the Mavic 3E release used with the Pilot app. Unfortunately, it's no use buying the Mavic 3 E instead of the Mavic 3, because it doesn't have the video functions (e.g. 4k/120fps and some more). According to DJI, you have to buy both drones to use what one drone could. I'm very annoyed with this kind of company policy and especially that nobody at DJI seems to care what the customers who pay big bucks want. But getting even more money by limiting or restricting technical features. technically, that would certainly not be a problem. In addition, they are not willing to release an SDK so that at least third-party providers can provide appropriate solutions. I now have 11 DJI drones in use, but slowly I will probably look for another manufacturer.
2022-10-18
Use props
DanKentucky
lvl.1
United States

I had a Mavic 2 Pro, which had an SDK which allowed 3rd parties to utilize waypoints (DroneDeploy for instance).  I crashed the M2Pro and bought an M3, never suspecting there would be a reversal in functionality.  A lot of money was paid for the M3 and it has mostly been sitting while waiting on the SDK to be released.  I am not a commercial user, so don't have a revenue stream to justify buying a M3E for mapping (I use mapping for personal purposes on my own property).  DJI needs to step up and reinstate functionality that was available on the previous model of their "FLAGSHIP" drone!
2022-10-19
Use props
Oulala
lvl.3
France

In Helsinki Posted at 9-23 01:34
I suppose you have learned by now that DJI has prioritized the release of an SDK for Mavic 3 and certainly for DJI Mini 3 Pro very, very low, and that their own people have said that (not my words), and that there are no plans to show up with the pivotal SDK until sometime in 2023 (if ever?). This is BS. They are skimming off the top early buyers who blindly buy and starve resources to their software development team to get the damn SDKs out. Or, they are playing a game where they lower the bar on functionality to bait buyers to 'buy up' to get them. This is total idiocy.

source please ?
2022-10-19
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

SDK PLEASE !!!
2022-10-19
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

I would prefer they update the firmware and Fly app to allow waypoints in all recording/flying modes. Waypoints are already programmable in Hyperlapse. There is NO REASON to not allow them for the rest of the flight modes.
2022-10-19
Use props
Studbaker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3750853 ft
  • >>>
Norway

The Mavic 3 is advertised as having "Waypoints 3.0" - Does that mean that they will not add this even though it is advertised when I bought the drone ?

2022-10-24
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Studbaker Posted at 10-24 11:25
The Mavic 3 is advertised as having "Waypoints 3.0" - Does that mean that they will not add this even though it is advertised when I bought the drone ?

[view_image]

I don't think Dji cares about their false promises that they are breaking to their customers just like how Airsense does not work for all and no 4G dongle except for China. False advertising and False promises
2022-10-24
Use props
fans05ee9bce
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4485 ft
United States

I agree and we also need the Mavic 3 to store the Waypoints so hat if communications is lost the drone continues on .......no stick inputs!!!
2022-11-14
Use props
Vision M3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047536 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Definately a must for waypoints and SDK
2022-11-15
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884301 ft
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 2021-11-12 00:27
... oh, that would be really nice!
"Program" a route and then fly it (several times), for example at different times of the day, in different weather (cloud cover) etc. pp.

m2 can do this.  and when you pick a point of interest. you can set it to like 20 feet.  40 feet.  so the camera focuses on what you want.  ready.  you can film on an incline, and the poi holds really good.  shame we can't do that with m3.  season footage, consturction projects, etc.  waypoints rules.
2022-11-15
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2021-11-12 01:53
Dji waypoints were are very disappointing cumbersome. So i really hope they can offer up SDK that company like litchi can create a proper waypoint program.

m2 pro is better then litchi, litchi is damn near unusable.  for waypoints.  if you ever actually owned it an tried both softwares youd know that.  
2022-11-15
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 2021-11-12 22:27
That's a very good use and good for you. But maybe a little esoteric for the rest of us. Thanks.

I will take a trip on that with my M2 as well, just for fun.

speak for yourself.  your a nitwit if you cant get it through your head waypoints is a useful feature most people want.  
2022-11-15
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 2021-11-16 21:31
Sorry, I think "pilots" should fly their drones manually as much as possible unless locally tracking. Old school, I guess. Downvote me, I no care ;-)

see your just being a troll asking stupid disruptive questions.  moron.  
2022-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules