5041 17 2021-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tylers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1703642 ft
United States

Hello all,

I took my Mavic 3 Cine out for its maiden flight last night and tried plugging it into my Windows 10 pc via the provided "lightspeed" cable to retrieve the files. I installed the DJI assistant 2 in case there were any drivers that came with it. With the mavic 3 powered on, I plug the drone in, windows said it was setting up the device, but then nothing happens. I can't find the mavic 3 anywhere and cannot access it.

Am I missing any steps? Please help. Thanks in advance
2021-11-12
Use props
Tylers
lvl.2
United States

Literally 5 seconds after I posted this, I plugged it into another USB C slot and the explorer window came up with all my files...
2021-11-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How are you finding the speed of transfer?
2021-11-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tylers Posted at 11-12 10:36
Literally 5 seconds after I posted this, I plugged it into another USB C slot and the explorer window came up with all my files...

Glad that resolved so quickly.  Like post 3 mentions, I'm somewhat curious as to the transfer speed using the lightspeed cable.  
2021-11-13
Use props
Tylers
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-13 01:30
How are you finding the speed of transfer?

During that first transfer it was hitting 2-300MB/s and sometimes more. So that first pile of 330GB of video took a little while.

I'm still actually having issues with connecting it. This time around the rear USB C port (directly into the motherboard) is making the noise but not showing any explorer window. The one that came as part of the case and connects to the motherboard is causing a two drives to show up in "This PC" then complaining that I need to "please insert a disk into removable disk" over and over and over
2021-11-13
Use props
erikjsschneider
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22513 ft
  • >>>
United States

Having similar issues. I get the "ding" to let me know my computer sees the device but never pops up under my drives. I'm also having issues connecting my Mavic 3 Cine with either the usb-c to usb-c or the usb-c to usb 3.0 cables. This was to the usb 3.0 port and usb-c port in the front of my Windows 10 desktop. Nothing else has had issues plugging into these ports. Just plugged in an Angelbird 1TB AtomX SSD and transferred files from my USB 3.0 port up front. I'll try the back ports but those are incredibly difficult to get to with my setup.
2021-11-17
Use props
erikjsschneider
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22513 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just an update from my end. I tried both ports in the front of my desktop (running Windows 10, 1x USB-C, 1x USB-A 3.0) and neither worked. I unplugged my SDXC/CFexpress Type-B card reader (connected via my rear USB-C port) and that also did not read the SSD from the Mavic 3 Cine. I finally unplugged my keyboard (which plugs into the computer as USB-A 3.0 and connects via USB-C to the keyboard) and it finally saw my SSD and I was able to transfer over. No idea why the drone is so picky as to the port that it selects but it's incredibly frustrating.
2021-11-17
Use props
Tylers
lvl.2
United States

erikjsschneider Posted at 11-17 14:15
Just an update from my end. I tried both ports in the front of my desktop (running Windows 10, 1x USB-C, 1x USB-A 3.0) and neither worked. I unplugged my SDXC/CFexpress Type-B card reader (connected via my rear USB-C port) and that also did not read the SSD from the Mavic 3 Cine. I finally unplugged my keyboard (which plugs into the computer as USB-A 3.0 and connects via USB-C to the keyboard) and it finally saw my SSD and I was able to transfer over. No idea why the drone is so picky as to the port that it selects but it's incredibly frustrating.

Yeah it seems very very finicky. Port on the back hasn't worked. Port on the front of the case works after some persuasion. Sometimes I have to connect the controller just to get the ssd to stop going crazy. When I connect the controller it will sometimes show the ssd being enabled then disabled, back and forth over and over
2021-11-17
Use props
fansb596b788
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38268 ft
United States

I am having the same issue with not connecting.  I have tried different cables, different ports and different PC'S.  When I plug it in the PC will give me the sound of connecting to the drive and then flashes two messages insert media in two different drives.  After fiddling with it sometimes after an extended period of time it will pop up.  At this point the drone is not usable to me unless I use an SD card.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.   I am not having any luck with emails to DJI.  I may have to return the product so I cannot wait too long.  Thanks in advance.
2021-11-24
Use props
Tylers
lvl.2
United States

fansb596b788 Posted at 11-24 15:21
I am having the same issue with not connecting.  I have tried different cables, different ports and different PC'S.  When I plug it in the PC will give me the sound of connecting to the drive and then flashes two messages insert media in two different drives.  After fiddling with it sometimes after an extended period of time it will pop up.  At this point the drone is not usable to me unless I use an SD card.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.   I am not having any luck with emails to DJI.  I may have to return the product so I cannot wait too long.  Thanks in advance.

I have EXACTLY this problem sometimes. I've remedied it by connecting the RC pro controller then plugging the drone into my pc. It's a weird and dumb work around but it seems to get the job done.

2021-11-24
Use props
fansb596b788
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38268 ft
United States

Tylers Posted at 11-24 16:27
I have EXACTLY this problem sometimes. I've remedied it by connecting the RC pro controller then plugging the drone into my pc. It's a weird and dumb work around but it seems to get the job done.

Thanks for the tip.  I will give it a shot and see if it helps.  Much appreciated.
2021-11-27
Use props
djiuser_G2yi9A0ZKXdl
lvl.1

New Zealand

I'm having the same issues as well. I can get the drone to connect spasmodically via the front USB 3.0 type A ports (but not the USB type C 3.0) Maximum transfer speed is about 350Mbs. Half what the SSD is capable of. It won't connect at all using the rear USB 3.2 ports, either type A or C. I have tried a half dozen 10Gbs cables but all to no avail. The ports all work perfectly plugging other portable SSD's into them. I get 990 Mbs from my Lexar portable. I hope this is a firmware update and soon. Takes forever to download Prores. Especially given it usually takes at least 5 minute extra to get a useable connection.
2021-11-30
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep, same issue here, I have made my own thread about it. The Cine driver slabvcp.inf doesnt even install on my Win10 machine (but does on my Win10 laptop).
Drone connects/disconnects, win 10 shows drone under devices as "Driver Error".

Think its DJIs fault, poor software design.
Best bet is to return the Mavic 3 Cine quickly and ask for a refund. There is  no timeline IF or WHEN the issue could be fixed (if at all).
Best be safe and return it now people !
2021-11-30
Use props
GlobalGazelle
New
Flight distance : 36512 ft
United Kingdom

JBSonic Posted at 11-30 09:33
Yep, same issue here, I have made my own thread about it. The Cine driver slabvcp.inf doesnt even install on my Win10 machine (but does on my Win10 laptop).
Drone connects/disconnects, win 10 shows drone under devices as "Driver Error".

Hi all, I also couldn't get the drone to connect to Windows.

However, mine DOES now connect.  Who know if it's temporary...

Hardware: Microsoft Surface Book 3.

USB-C port on laptop: failed to connect (endless repeats of windows 'trying')
USB-A port on laptop: failed to connect (endless repeats of windows 'trying')
USB-A port on a hub connected to another USB-A port on laptop: SUCCESS!

Very very strange.

Maybe the USB-C port didn't work because the port isn't certified Thunderbolt? This laptop spec: USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 2.
No idea at all why the USB-A port on the laptop didnt work.
I slightly dread re-starting Windows, perhaps I will get entirely different outcomes.

Best advice - keep hacking away at different connections, maybe one will work for you.  It's a lovely drone so sending it back would be a shame.
2021-12-5
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Try this - connect the USB C cable to drone and laptop THEN turn the drone on. That's how it works on my Mini 2.
2021-12-5
Use props
EFRPIC
lvl.4

United States

I would be willing to bet that the USB driver/implementation in the M3 is to blame for all of this. As many of you know "it's ALWAYS' the driver and it actually the case 90% of the time. Sinc3 uses the standard MSFT driver (of course Windows, I'm not a deep Mac user).

Recent W10 and W11 updates have messed around with default drivers. I had to reset my audio and a few others here and there.

By DJI making it "easy" by not requiring their own driver, after all, who wants another custom driver that might not be on all your machines at just the wrong time, the OS just doesn't always play nicely.

On a PC, the only way to "reset" the USB ports is to remove power, rebooting the PC doesn't do it.
2021-12-5
Use props
Tylers
lvl.2
United States

Today's update (the firmware we expected Jan 22) completely fixed all of my issues here. Super fast transfers now.
2021-12-10
Use props
Vinnie B
New
United States

I had the same difficulty. I have a Windows 10 PC that simply wouldn't work. But that's my power machine where I do my photo/video editing. (BTW, can't upgrade to Win 11 due to motherboard issues.)

I have a Win 11 laptop. That worked. What got me is you do have to have the drone turned on. (I know that sounds like a no brainer.)

So I was able to get the files from my first drone flight with my new Mavic Pro 3. However, going forward I will use the microSD. It's not as convenient as using the drone itself, but I was doing that with my Mavic 3 so I'm used to it.
4-17 12:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules