cannot use iPad Pro 2021 as device?
4921 17 2021-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_TUthlhu6bHpA
lvl.1
United States

When will I be able to use my 2021 iPad Pro as my device with the DJI mini 2 controller?
2021-11-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Our engineers are doing their best for the latest mobile devices to be compatible with our current products. For now, kindly please refer to the link below for the list of compatible devices for the DJI Mini 2 and DJI Fly app. Thank you for your understanding and support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-11-13
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-13 00:54
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Our engineers are doing their best for the latest mobile devices to be compatible with our current products. For now, kindly please refer to the link below for the list of compatible devices for the DJI Mini 2 and DJI Fly app. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Don't you get it?  Saying "For now, kindly please refer to the link below for the list of compatible devices for the DJI Mini 2 and DJI Fly app" only angers people more!  
Do you really think someone that's spent the money on a 2021 iPad Pro is going to just hop on down to the store and get one of your EVER changing compatible devices.
So SICK AND TIRED of these template Mod BS replies!  Just don't say anything at all!  As you are all USELESS!
2021-11-13
Use props
CallMeAlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mhinc Posted at 11-13 03:40
Don't you get it?  Saying "For now, kindly please refer to the link below for the list of compatible devices for the DJI Mini 2 and DJI Fly app" only angers people more!  
Do you really think someone that's spent the money on a 2021 iPad Pro is going to just hop on down to the store and get one of your EVER changing compatible devices.
So SICK AND TIRED of these template Mod BS replies!  Just don't say anything at all!  As you are all USELESS!

You seem to be in a bad mood??
2021-11-13
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

CallMeAlan Posted at 11-13 07:35

His mood is justified by poor product development.
Any other electronics that offer an app, are compatible, why not someone as big as DJI?
Processor blah blah blah, others can do it, DJI fails.
2021-11-13
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

CallMeAlan Posted at 11-13 07:35

If you want to call copy and paste template replies and a S$&T show for customer service and PI$$ poordevelopment when people spend thousands, a BAD MOOD, then sure.  Let's call it that.
2021-11-13
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

hunterws Posted at 11-13 07:57
His mood is justified by poor product development.
Any other electronics that offer an app, are compatible, why not someone as big as DJI?
Processor blah blah blah, others can do it, DJI fails.

My guess is DJI has their hands in the pot with certain phone and table developers forcing their users to buy ARM64 devices that only they support.  The way they push that bloody list is worse than a crack dealer offering the first hit for free.
2021-11-13
Use props
fansc69cf4b0
New
United States

I also have an iPad Pro 11" that will not connect.  Works fine with my iPhone and son's iPad, just not a Pro.  DJI support said just wait for a firmware fix.  Yes, it is frustrating.  
2021-12-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You've all been with DJI long enough now to know how they operate yet you still buy their products so they must be doing something right at least?
2021-12-22
Use props
Stephen Stults
New
Flight distance : 30 ft
United States

This thread was from Nov/Dec of last year - Surely some headway has been made to make these $1,000+ USD systems compatible with iPad Pro and iPad Pro 12.9 2021 versions.
PLEASE!! PLEASE!!! PLEEEEASSSEEE HELP!!!
I have 12 other drones/sUAS's that connect fine - However, my FAVORITE is the Phantom 4 and I cannot use my iPad Pro 12.9" 2021 (Yes, I have the bracket extender) but cannot use any patch, push, update, bolt-on solution to use my awesome new iPad and my older (yet favorite) Phantom 4.

PLEASE HELP AN OLD GUY OUT!!!

Stephen
2022-3-14
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

Why don't all of you people that seem to have issue with DJI just go get a different drone? You obviously think they are superior anyway.
2022-3-14
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

I just picked up a nice officially refurbed iPad Mini 5 from Apple for a great deal, just for flying...

It works great!  I'll trade ya!

At least you can still fly with the phone...  Things could be worse...
2022-3-15
Use props
djiuser_6L0iTaPW0LXT
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2021-11-13 00:54

I just bought an Air 2S and during initial setup I connected it to my iPad Pro without any problem.  IPad has the later iOS v15.6 on it.  Everything was working, when I saw the message on DJI Fly that the Air 2S needed a firmware update.  I went ahead and did it, and then after the install and drone restart iPad stopped connecting to the controller.  Seems to me that the issue is within the Dji software and not iOS.  Please fix the bug and stop pushing the blame on Apple.
2022-7-26
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

DJI Paladin Posted at 2021-11-13 00:54

why there are no ipads in this list? app worked with ipad mini for example, it shouldnt be compatible with OS version only nor device?
2022-7-27
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

fateofangel Posted at 7-27 11:25
why there are no ipads in this list? app worked with ipad mini for example, it shouldnt be compatible with OS version only nor device?

I’d guess that iPads are not officially listed because the controller is designed to hold phone sized devices - the device mount bar / antenna only opens so far and an iPad would not fit without a 3rd party accessory ( and we know how DJI feels about 3rd party accessories ).  So DJI will only officially recommend devices that physically fit to the controller.  Otherwise, consumers might be confused and purchase a device that doesn't fit in the controller, and then they'd be upset about that.

That said, seeing how the DJI app works with virtually every “normal” iOS device (including standard iPads and iPad Mini’s), personally I put any incompatibility more on Apple than DJI…. Obviously there is something different going on within the Pro model operating systems and Apple should clarify that.  I myself use an iPad Mini 5 and it excels for this task.

Edit - Another point to consider is that technically iPadOS is different from iOS used on iPhones, which are officially compatible.  That ANY iPad is compatible with the DJI app is a bonus to those who prefer to use them...  While it may be frustrating, it's not really fair to get upset with a company for not spending time and money to verify a device they have not listed, especially as the population of Pro device users in this specific application is likely extremely small...  I'm not really a DJI fanboy, but having worked for larger companies I have learned to look at things from both sides.  In the case of DJI, I can appreciate the potential liability associated with products like drones...  No doubt they tend to lean conservatively on these things as a result (the RTH beeper issue comes to mind).

2022-7-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fateofangel Posted at 7-27 11:25
why there are no ipads in this list? app worked with ipad mini for example, it shouldnt be compatible with OS version only nor device?

Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this with our designated team. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2022-8-1
Use props
OJsakila
lvl.2
Flight distance : 409948 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 2021-12-22 19:28
You've all been with DJI long enough now to know how they operate yet you still buy their products so they must be doing something right at least?

This an argumentative and enticing comment and absolutely ZERO HELP to anyone at all in this universe.  thanks for showing off your awesome personality.
2022-8-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OJsakila Posted at 8-2 13:55
This an argumentative and enticing comment and absolutely ZERO HELP to anyone at all in this universe.  thanks for showing off your awesome personality.

And just like that, the pot calling the kettle black...

At least my statement is true, yours is incorrect, you replied to me just because, what? you thought it would make you look special being hidden behind a keyboard? There is a word for that, it's called trolling.

You actually brought nothing to the table, and absolutely nothing in relation to the topic, at least mine is factually correct, but most of all, especially with regards to my personality, it's actually just average, but thanks for noticing ;)
2022-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules