Defective unit on arrival or just my luck?
685 4 2021-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FRCornelis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1252884 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello everyone,

The awaited day has arrived and UPS delivered my Mavic 3 today shipped from Best Buy warehouse, happy to see the shipping box was in good shape, upon opening the box I found the Mavic 3 retail box loose inside the shipping box, no padding, air bags, nothing at all. I noticed the Mavic 3 retail box had tear on the plastic seal wrapping but it was not an open box... upon close inspection I discovered a little hole / cut on the back of the box near the area where all included items are detailed then proceeded opening the seal and indeed it was a brand new product, no problem I said -this is only the box, the damage on the box didn't make it all the way to the inside so no problem right?

When I removed the protector, my heart sunk when I noticed the gimbal damaged but wait, it wasn't damaged it was just the filter / camera cover detached from the camera, I located the filter inside the protector and installed it, no problem. After a very close inspection there was no signs of physical damage or any smudges, I was upset but grateful that everything is OK.

Anyways, to the point, the aircraft hasn't been flown yet because it was already dark here, but I was able to update the firmware fired up the motors, checked camera / gimbal, everything checked 100% however I do notice when folding/unfolding the front arm (the one that has the Mavic branding) it makes a little "pop" when the spring is giving up its tension to allow folding/unfolding. I can reproduce like a squeaky noise when applying a little but gentle pressure on the arm, this only happens on that specific arm, never had this issue before with any of my Mavics, I'm sure this won't affect operation but I'm guessing that the box took a bad fall and hit something, probably when it as being pulled from the warehouse, that explains the tear on the plastic wrapping and the dent on the box, I believe it was a big impact due to the filter being separated from the camera out of the box.

Can someone please verify in this is "normal tolerance" or indeed I have a defective/damaged unit? I don't want to keep it if that's the case.
I will do a test flight tomorrow, but the popping noise is not normal to me --anybody else received their unit with separated camera filter?

Also, I purchased DJI Refresh Care when I activated the aircraft when prompted, if I end up exchanging the unit (after Best Buy gets more stock) what's going to happen to my Refresh Plan as I understand the Care plan is bonded to the serial number. How DJI addresses this?

Anyways, thanks for your feedback

-FC              

2021-11-12
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Care refresh is initially linked to the serial number of the first drone, but every new drone of the same type is linked to the purchased Care refresh in the event of a replacement ...

You have to inform the care refresh department at DJI which new serial number should now be used ...

... via e-mail...
2021-11-12
Use props
FRCornelis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1252884 ft
  • >>>
United States

Returning NEW order back to DJI

Not sure if this is the right place to post. I have a question regaring returning an order back to DJI, here's why:

I purchased the Mavic 3 standard package from Best Buy, unfortunatelly the aircraft has a defect that needs exchaging but Best Buy doesn't have stock of the standard package, only Fly More combo. The problem is I orderded from DJI online an extra battery and the charging hub to mate with my Best Buy order, if I exchange my standard package with the Fly More, I no longer need the order from DJI.

The items will be brand new, unopened right of the bat, but I'm concerned about shipping charges becasue my order is coming from China to California, accodring to the return policy, the end user must pay for shipping and international fees if when returning an item that's not defective.

Does anybody have experience with this? Do I need to ship back to China? If shipping charges is half of the cost of the goods then it's not worth it.
Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
-FC
2021-11-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi FRCornelis, I'm sorry to read about this. Could you provide some photos or videos to show us the details of the issue? We'd like to help you check it.
For the DJI Care Refresh, if your DJI product is returned according to DJI's return policy, you can also apply to return your DJI Care Refresh. Please click here: https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/851 ... 0Care%20Refresh.pdf to find the Terms of Service of DJI Care Refresh. Hope this helps.
2021-11-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

FRCornelis Posted at 11-12 23:42
Not sure if this is the right place to post. I have a question regaring returning an order back to DJI, here's why:

I purchased the Mavic 3 standard package from Best Buy, unfortunatelly the aircraft has a defect that needs exchaging but Best Buy doesn't have stock of the standard package, only Fly More combo. The problem is I orderded from DJI online an extra battery and the charging hub to mate with my Best Buy order, if I exchange my standard package with the Fly More, I no longer need the order from DJI.

To return the new order back to DJI, please contact our support team via support@dji.com and provide us with the details of the order, our team will help to check and provide further assistance. Thanks.
2021-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules