Telephoto lens for Pocket 2?
3099 6 2021-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skaven252
lvl.2
Sweden

Could a magnifying / telephoto lens attachment be made available for the Pocket 2 - is that technically possible, or would the optics be too large to fit on the camera module? Even if it was 2x or so?

A common problem with telephoto, usually, is that the image is shaky unless you mount the camera on a tripod. The Pocket 2 gimbal would take care of this. Tracking moving subjects (like a boat passing by) could be another neat task for the gimbal to handle.

So I'm wondering; while there are wide angle, anamorphic and ND/CPL filters available for the Pocket, why not telephoto / zoom / magnifier? Are they not feasible due to how optics work?
2021-11-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My guess would be they were to heavy for the gimbal.
2021-11-13
Use props
Skaven252
lvl.2
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 11-13 01:55
My guess would be they were to heavy for the gimbal.

Does telephoto require multiple lens elements? I have a 2x tele lens attachment for a smartphone, which isn't particularly thick or large. But it doesn't work if I just hold it in front of the Pocket 2 lens - you get circular cropping - had to test anyway of course.
2021-11-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Skaven252 Posted at 11-13 01:59
Does telephoto require multiple lens elements? I have a 2x tele lens attachment for a smartphone, which isn't particularly thick or large. But it doesn't work if I just hold it in front of the Pocket 2 lens - you get circular cropping - had to test anyway of course.

Sounds like it too small and the wrong distance from the Len’s.
2021-11-13
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Would be useful to have one, but as DAFlys suspects, I think that would bee too heavy for the gimbal head. Well, while digital zoom isn't completely a same thing and probably not to a similar magnitude, it is at least good to have that option.
2021-11-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

If it would be there, I would buy it.
2021-11-13
Use props
djiuser_bKwiCPQKMJTz
New

Italy

Sorry for the OT… you guys know a smart way to carry around the iPhone adaptor easily? I m always worried that it’ll get lost somewhere…
2021-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules