Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Caution! Battery update required ...
995 13 2021-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The Mavic 3 is currently still delivered with older software ...

When activating the drone, you will be shown that there is a new software version and you will be asked to update ...
This is of course not unusual.

But:
If you then insert the second (or third) battery, the message appears (when connecting via the DJI Assistant 2) that the firmware is "incompatible". But this only affects the batteries, which also need an update.
Unfortunately, the original firmware update (of the Mavic 3) does not indicate that all batteries now also have to be updated ...
That can be annoying if you are already far out for the first flight and then the other batteries do not work ...

Notice from DJI Assistant 2

Notice from DJI Assistant 2
2021-11-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice reminder frankymusic.    DJI really needs to have a prompt included with the firmware update stating the need to update all batteries.  Thanks for sharing.
2021-11-13
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

That's pretty normal procedure that all batteries require an update.
2021-11-13
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Visual Air Posted at 11-13 07:23
That's pretty normal procedure that all batteries require an update.

... you're right, of course, in principle anyway.

But where in the user manual can you read that the batteries have to be updated separately ...?     

2021-11-14
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

frankymusik Posted at 11-14 00:36

But where in the user manual can you read that the batteries have to be updated separately ...?

Your right. There has never been any mention that I know of.
2021-11-14
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 11-14 00:36

A very timely reminder for new owners, but I feel compelled to ask Isn't obvious that if one battery needs firmware upgrading, then they all will? I mean its not like they have a way of distributing the new firmware between them. Maybe we need to lobby DJI to put that an the ever growing list of requirements

Glad you're sorted now though and as I said, good reminder for others.
2021-11-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nicodema Posted at 11-14 09:08
A very timely reminder for new owners, but I feel compelled to ask Isn't obvious that if one battery needs firmware upgrading, then they all will? I mean its not like they have a way of distributing the new firmware between them. Maybe we need to lobby DJI to put that an the ever growing list of requirements

Glad you're sorted now though and as I said, good reminder for others.

But the problem is dji doesn’t always tell you of battery update, so when you have both FW and battery update, the first automatically updates when doing FW update and you may not be aware of this and you only get the warning when you insert other batteries and try to fly. A real cast for dji to correctly inform users that the have both a FW update and a battery update on “ALL” batteries.
2021-11-14
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think that is  a normal procedure that started from couple of Mavics.  It doesn't show on the manual, but it will not let you fly unless you update the batteries which is I think is a self explanatory.
2021-11-14
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

Ah. I see the problem. Fair enough. Everything is/was a bit less automatic with my OG pro.

Is there any way of checking f/w versions on each piece of hardware from the Fly app?
2021-11-14
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Lucas775 Posted at 11-14 15:49
I think that is  a normal procedure that started from couple of Mavics.  It doesn't show on the manual, but it will not let you fly unless you update the batteries which is I think is a self explanatory.

... yes, you can see it that way, but it's better to know before you set off on "a great adventure" ...

A lot of time is lost on the way (if you have a connection to the cellular network at all) and the message in the Fly app is confusing because you may not even think that it "only" affects the batteries ...

2021-11-15
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Nicodema Posted at 11-14 16:26
Ah. I see the problem. Fair enough. Everything is/was a bit less automatic with my OG pro.

Is there any way of checking f/w versions on each piece of hardware from the Fly app?

If a battery with the "wrong" firmware is inserted, you get a corresponding warning ...

Unfortunately, it can happen that you only see this when you are already on the road, far away from home ...
2021-11-17
Use props
Chest Rockwell
lvl.3
United States

So I was anticipating this when I unboxed my Mavic 3 FMC, but I only had to update the drone and controller. I flew today for the first time with the second battery (which had not been updated) and it went fine with no warnings. I had to update all of my M2P batteries but thought maybe they added some quality of life upgrades to the M3.

I'll double check later but when I plugged in my second and third battery the first night I was not prompted to update firmware.
EDIT: I did all my firmware updates through the fly app, not through DJI Assistant.
2021-11-17
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Chest Rockwell Posted at 11-17 16:40
So I was anticipating this when I unboxed my Mavic 3 FMC, but I only had to update the drone and controller. I flew today for the first time with the second battery (which had not been updated) and it went fine with no warnings. I had to update all of my M2P batteries but thought maybe they added some quality of life upgrades to the M3.

I'll double check later but when I plugged in my second and third battery the first night I was not prompted to update firmware.

... that's crazy!
Sometimes I don't understand the world anymore ...
What a mess at DJI ...
2021-11-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Chest Rockwell Posted at 11-17 16:40
So I was anticipating this when I unboxed my Mavic 3 FMC, but I only had to update the drone and controller. I flew today for the first time with the second battery (which had not been updated) and it went fine with no warnings. I had to update all of my M2P batteries but thought maybe they added some quality of life upgrades to the M3.

All my batteries required update, and i did it through fly app , but I did it manually IE went into app and checked I’d FW was required after I inserted each battery and so I updated all batteries.
2021-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules