Mavic 3 Warning of crashing spreading on reddit.
12Next >
2286 41 2021-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not sure how true this is, but theres a number of posts on reddit compaining about the issue,   might be somehting to watch out for or at least be prepared if it happens to you.

IMG_5759.jpeg
2021-11-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I hope it is not.
2021-11-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Someone else mentioned it was repeatable at 10 minutes.
2021-11-13
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, thank you for the heads up.  I am so far not having the time of my life with the m3.  I think mine may enjoy the desktop for a while until some new firmware arrives.  This is not the way I wanted to start my relationship with the new model.  

Also, the lack of an SDK so I can use this with DroneLink....wow.  What a miss.  DJI forum landlords, if you are reading, pass this on to engineering.  
2021-11-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 11-13 12:18
Someone else mentioned it was repeatable at 10 minutes.

Not looking promising.
2021-11-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

That looks scary, I am going to head over to the forum to read up on it
2021-11-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Can you post the link to this article, I cannot find it
2021-11-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 11-13 14:28
Can you post the link to this article, I cannot find it

It’s in the comments to this post

https://www.reddit.com/r/dji/com ... amp;utm_name=iossmf

2021-11-13
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Crap, now I have to test for this soon and be the beta tester ....  again.

Good thing I used to be a test engineer in real life ;-)

2021-11-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 11-13 21:37
It’s in the comments to this post

https://www.reddit.com/r/dji/comments/qs08rk/my_mavic_air_decided_to_crash_itself_in_a_field/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Thanks mate, appreciate it
2021-11-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

GaryDoug Posted at 11-13 21:41

Let us know the result Gary
2021-11-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 11-13 22:49
Thanks mate, appreciate it

No probs,  finding anything twice on reddit is a nightmare.
2021-11-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fingers crossed its a one off.
2021-11-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Now that doesn't sound too good for the M3.  Maybe just a one time event?  

UPDATE:  I just read where it was repeatable.  
2021-11-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-14 05:28
Now that doesn't sound too good for the M3.  Maybe just a one time event?  

UPDATE:  I just read where it was repeatable.

Just another reason to wait until the big firmware drops in January before making a purchase.
2021-11-14
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 11-14 05:36
Just another reason to wait until the big firmware drops in January before making a purchase.

Sounds like a plan. DJI still have not shipped my M3 Cine. And it was bought an hour after launch. Maybe it will arrive in January anyway. Will only do basic flight if it ever arrives. Not try anything special till after the next update. I need the Serial number to add to my Commercial drone list while CASA is still doing Free registrations.   
2021-11-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 11-14 05:45
Sounds like a plan. DJI still have not shipped my M3 Cine. And it was bought an hour after launch. Maybe it will arrive in January anyway. Will only do basic flight if it ever arrives. Not try anything special till after the next update. I need the Serial number to add to my Commercial drone list while CASA is still doing Free registrations.

Here in the UK they are bulk shipping orders and appears they are set to start arriving around November 18th.   Maybe see if local stockists are showing similar dates to get an idea when they will start arriving in Australia.
2021-11-14
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 11-13 12:27
Well, thank you for the heads up.  I am so far not having the time of my life with the m3.  I think mine may enjoy the desktop for a while until some new firmware arrives.  This is not the way I wanted to start my relationship with the new model.  

Also, the lack of an SDK so I can use this with DroneLink....wow.  What a miss.  DJI forum landlords, if you are reading, pass this on to engineering.

Expecting them to release the SDK before they've released the full featured firmware might be a bit of a lofty expectation.  
2021-11-14
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237733 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

The only difference that you got paid for your job and in case of DJI you have to pay to them. To be honest it is not funny at all to have the $5000 gadget lost because you were "lucky" to be one of the first buyers>I like my Macic 2 pro but I bought is few months after release and missed the fun but I was too stupid to buy Action 2 a week after release so I can feel the pain
2021-11-14
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 11-14 05:50
Here in the UK they are bulk shipping orders and appears they are set to start arriving around November 18th.   Maybe see if local stockists are showing similar dates to get an idea when they will start arriving in Australia.

Thanks yes I had a look they are just accepting preorders only at the moment with no real estimates for delivery.
2021-11-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 11-14 11:30
Thanks yes I had a look they are just accepting preorders only at the moment with no real estimates for delivery.

Sounds like you ate getting a bbx delivery as well.
2021-11-14
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

bjr981s Posted at 11-14 05:45
Sounds like a plan. DJI still have not shipped my M3 Cine. And it was bought an hour after launch. Maybe it will arrive in January anyway. Will only do basic flight if it ever arrives. Not try anything special till after the next update. I need the Serial number to add to my Commercial drone list while CASA is still doing Free registrations.

Never order from DJI. I used to and had the same issues. I ordered B&H and had the next day.
2021-11-15
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-14 06:05
Expecting them to release the SDK before they've released the full featured firmware might be a bit of a lofty expectation.

They've already said no plans for SDK this year, MAYBE next is the words they used.
2021-11-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-14 05:36

Definitely a valid reason to hold off.
2021-11-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-15 03:40
Definitely a valid reason to hold off.

There also some discussion on YouTube about an altitude bug where the height is miss reported causing people to potentially fly illegally.
2021-11-15
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Here in Romania the Cine drone is already in delivery (from 2 days now)...will be not so nice for new owners to see the drone going drunk in middle of Timelapse...Let's hope will not be so many cases...as this drone costs as much as a SH car. But the car at least remains where is parked and does not fly away
2021-11-15
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 11-15 01:55
They've already said no plans for SDK this year, MAYBE next is the words they used.

Where did you see this?  Also, I wouldn’t expect the SDK to be released until after the full featured firmware is released any ways. And that is next year as well.
2021-11-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 11-15 05:50
Where did you see this?  Also, I wouldn’t expect the SDK to be released until after the full featured firmware is released any ways. And that is next year as well.

Its on the DJI Git hub for the SDK. - https://github.com/dji-sdk/Mobile-SDK-Android/issues

Agent comment from Hummels Lei in Zendesk ticket #55933:

Mavic 3 will not be supported this year. It may support SDK next year. I am sorry. I can not give you an estimated release time. Release is also what we are looking forward to, please wait for our good news.

2021-11-15
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-15 06:22
Its on the DJI Git hub for the SDK. - https://github.com/dji-sdk/Mobile-SDK-Android/issues

Agent comment from Hummels Lei in Zendesk ticket #55933:

Thanks for the reference, but I think their statement is just restating the obvious. Like I mentioned before, they won’t release the full featured firmware until next year.  And they’ve already announced what will be in the end of year SDK update for v4.16 due at the end of December. It will add SDK support for the Mini SE, the Mini 2, and the Air 2S in the updates.

https://sdk-forum.dji.net/hc/en- ... S-will-be-released-
2021-11-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 11-15 07:43
Thanks for the reference, but I think their statement is just restating the obvious. Like I mentioned before, they won’t release the full featured firmware until next year.  And they’ve already announced what will be in the end of year SDK update for v4.16 due at the end of December. It will add SDK support for the Mini SE, the Mini 2, and the Air 2S in the updates.

https://sdk-forum.dji.net/hc/en-us/articles/4404500498713--When-the-MSDK-for-Mini-2-Mini-SE-and-Air-2S-will-be-released-

That update is only for Android at the moment.
2021-11-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 11-15 07:43

https://sdk-forum.dji.net/hc/en-us/articles/4404500498713--When-the-MSDK-for-Mini-2-Mini-SE-and-Air-2S-will-be-released-

This is from the developer road map - https://developer.dji.com/user/roadmap/#msdk

Mobile SDK
Estimated Release Time: 2021-12-31
Version: 4.16 Android Version(iOS:To be determined))
New Features
Added support for DJI Mini SE
Confirmed

Supported Product: DJI Mini SE

Supported Platform: Android

Description:Added support for DJI Mini SE.

Added support for DJI Mini 2
Confirmed

Supported ProductJI Mini 2

Description:Added support for DJI Mini 2.

Added support for DJI Air 2S
Confirmed

Supported ProductJI Air 2S

Description:Added support for DJI Air 2S.

Added support for High-Res Grid photo to Matrice 300 RTK
Confirmed

Supported Product: Matrice 300 RTK

Description:Added support for High-Res Grid photo.

Added support for Smart Track to Matrice 300 RTK
Confirmed

Supported Product: Matrice 300 RTK

Description:Added support for Smart Track.

Fixed Bugs
2021-11-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-15 04:46
There also some discussion on YouTube about an altitude bug where the height is miss reported causing people to potentially fly illegally.

I saw something about a variance in altitude by several commenters. Also saw where one pilot has submitted evidence to DJI of a variance of around 80 feet.  That's definitely a bug they need to fix ASAP.
2021-11-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-17 03:54
I saw something about a variance in altitude by several commenters. Also saw where one pilot has submitted evidence to DJI of a variance of around 80 feet.  That's definitely a bug they need to fix ASAP.

They have just released 1.5.1 maybe that what's its for.
2021-11-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-17 04:20
They have just released 1.5.1 maybe that what's its for.

Could be, however, DJI never gives a detailed list of changes.  
2021-11-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-18 05:41
Could be, however, DJI never gives a detailed list of changes.

Indeed. Nothing mentioned on the IOS version either.
2021-11-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-18 05:56
Indeed. Nothing mentioned on the IOS version either.

You know it gets me riled when all it says it bugs fixed.  Even App developers on the Google Play store use the same terminology.  I once saw people writing negatives comments on Apps and blasting the developer for not being more forthcoming with what changed.  The developers response was "too many too list which is why I just listed bug fixes".  Not a reply that gives you a lot of confidence in his App.  

I just think DJI should be more helpful to their consumers and let them know what they fixed and what is still being worked on.  Will never happen, but one can always hope.  
2021-11-19
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-19 16:09
You know it gets me riled when all it says it bugs fixed.  Even App developers on the Google Play store use the same terminology.  I once saw people writing negatives comments on Apps and blasting the developer for not being more forthcoming with what changed.  The developers response was "too many too list which is why I just listed bug fixes".  Not a reply that gives you a lot of confidence in his App.  

I just think DJI should more helpful to their consumers and let them know what they fixed and what is still being worked on.  Will never happen, but one can always hope.

it's not cool to air all your dirty laundry so you just post the big stuff and you says "bug fixes" for the rest.  for example, you don't put "fixed a problem where the drone goes right instead of left when you...." or "reduced press and hold from 5 seconds to 2 seconds...."  the competitor is watching and you don't want to broadcast all the "errors" in the current software because there are drones flying on the current software and if people knew just how buggy it is.  i think we are starting to learn just have buggy this launch really is.

if you are updating software (like davinci) i think it's fine to list 500 fixes especially to the code but you gotta exercise some discretion about what you present for the whole world to see.  if i were best buy and i read that the first batch had software that need a patch to fix "compass safety issues where the drone looking into the sun for more than 5 minutes..." i would tell dji to come get these 15,000 drones in my warehouse and reflash them before i sell another kit and don't send another shipment until they already have the sw update.  i hate ota software, most customers won't do it, especially right out of the box....and if this drone won't fly without first doing a sw update, dji is going to eat all the returns (which they do anyway).

not trying to hide anything; just need to know especially the silly stuff (that points out that you really didn't test this before launch).  if nobody is complaining about it, why would i talk about it in the release notes?
2021-11-19
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-17 03:54
I saw something about a variance in altitude by several commenters. Also saw where one pilot has submitted evidence to DJI of a variance of around 80 feet.  That's definitely a bug they need to fix ASAP.

That is interesting about the value of 80 feet. I noticed that the new limit for the visual down sensor seems to be about 80 feet. On the 2nd and 3rd flights it worked smoothly with the number decreasing from 80 down when descending and increasing up to 80 when ascending. But on the 1st flight, there was none of that, looking like the old 35 feet limit.
2021-11-19
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is this confirmed to be real?
2021-11-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-19 16:09
You know it gets me riled when all it says it bugs fixed.  Even App developers on the Google Play store use the same terminology.  I once saw people writing negatives comments on Apps and blasting the developer for not being more forthcoming with what changed.  The developers response was "too many too list which is why I just listed bug fixes".  Not a reply that gives you a lot of confidence in his App.  

I just think DJI should more helpful to their consumers and let them know what they fixed and what is still being worked on.  Will never happen, but one can always hope.

I totally agree,   even if they linked off to a blog post or something.
2021-11-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules