Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Workflow for unlocking zones/getting FAA Authorization
550 1 2021-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
robdoc
lvl.1

United States

Hi everyone,

I am struggling a bit to understand this and I hope that someone can help. I watched a few different YouTube tutorials and saw a few different things, so I wanted to try to get the correct info in case I ever need it.

I am trying to come up with the proper workflow to unlock zones (when needed) andgetting FAA Authorization. First, I have the DJI Mavic Air 2S with the Smart Controller and I have my part 107 license. I'm logged into the smart controller and it is bound to my dji account.

A lot of the videos I see just seem to be showing the phone, but will it work for me because I have the smart controller? My dji account knows my phone and that phone is connected to my account. It just seems like extra steps I need to take because I have the smart controller?

Also, if I need to unlock a zone for a drone shot needed for a film, what are people using? and then, with that info, do you then go to the dji.com/flysafe site to submit it so that it is unlocked?

2021-11-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It doesn't matter which order you get them in,   this link may help with LAANC. https://www.dronepilotgroundschool.com/faa-laanc-authorization/
2021-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules