2571 10 2021-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FRCornelis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1252884 ft
  • >>>
United States

So reading the sepcs, Mavic 3 has the new O3 transmission system, hece why the older Smart Controller is not compatible, right?
But according to the standard remote specs, the remote iteslf is O2, not 3. Is the Mavic 3 operating at O2 with the basic controller? being necessary to use the new RC Pro to actually have the O3 connection availabe on the aircraft? if this is the case... what makes the previous generation Smart Controller not compatible with Mavic 3?  --thoughts?
-FC
2021-11-13
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you speak with the DJI support they will tell you the normal controller is OC3 as well. They told me is the same transmission.
2021-11-13
Use props
FRCornelis
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 11-13 19:20
If you speak with the DJI support they will tell you the normal controller is OC3 as well. They told me is the same transmission.

But that doesn't make any sense at all. It's the same remote as the Mini 2, same model number which is O2, plus the specs on their website clearly states O2 for the N1 controller.
2021-11-13
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is same remote as the Mavic Air 2s That is OccuSync3 as well. Does not make sense that DJI send you a lower technology remote with the flagship drone.
2021-11-13
Use props
FRCornelis
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 11-13 20:52
Is same remote as the Mavic Air 2s That is OccuSync3 as well. Does not make sense that DJI send you a lower technology remote with the flagship drone.

Now, the question is. If I order the New Smart Controller (v2), will I get real O3 when linked with Mavic 3?
That depends my decision of going with that or getting like a 8in tablet to go with the mount for the standard controller, I never used a tablet for a drone that's advertised with portability in mind but in an attempt to compensate FLY APP that's' too small to read, it's hard to see things. The Smart Controller is 5.5 in, right? so in theory it will be smaller than the current 6.2" iPhone I'm using making it ever harder to see.
2021-11-13
Use props
Aeropeaks
First Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

The french Mavic 3's spec webpage said the standard RC works under OS2

2021-11-13
Use props
FRCornelis
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aeropeaks Posted at 11-13 22:32
The french Mavic 3's spec webpage said the standard RC works under OS2

[view_image]

right, so that means the Mavic 3 is working with backwards compatibility to O2 so the standard remote can be acomodated, in other words, with the N1 controller we are not using the O3 advantage available in Mavic 3. At least this is what I understand -DJI makes this really confusing.
2021-11-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

It is possible the M3 can work with OS 2 and OS 3. I think OS 3 just offers a better live video stream back to the RC with a much higher bitrate. I doubt it has anything to do with the range of affects it. If someone has the standard RC and the new Smart RC, can you test that range with each RC and post results for us.
2021-11-13
Use props
FRCornelis
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 11-13 22:54
It is possible the M3 can work with OS 2 and OS 3. I think OS 3 just offers a better live video stream back to the RC with a much higher bitrate. I doubt it has anything to do with the range of affects it. If someone has the standard RC and the new Smart RC, can you test that range with each RC and post results for us.

Got it. that's the other possibility I found online doing some research.
O2 & 03 combined, one for control other for video feedback.

Hope someone can test both RCs in order to see if the PRO RC offers even better range.
2021-11-13
Use props
Aeropeaks
First Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

it's a possibility,
but not explain every thing...
2021-11-15
Use props
KostasVls