Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
After firmware update Fly app can’t find photo/videos on aircraft
3432 9 2021-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GavinM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81270 ft
Australia

Just updated the firmware on my MA2 to the latest version today then went out to shoot some video.

Normally I download the video files off the aircraft in the Fly App before shutting the MA2 down.  Now when I look for the files it says “No photos or videos found”.  
I removed the micro SD card from the aircraft and inserted it in my laptop and, sure enough, all the files were there!

Has something changed with the new firmware that now I need to follow a different procedure to locate the recorded images on the aircraft with the Fly App?

Cheers,
Gavin

2021-11-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please double-check if you have enabled the "Auto Sync HD photos" under the camera settings on the app then check if the issue persists? You may refer to the image below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2021-11-14
Use props
GavinM
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-14 05:28
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please double-check if you have enabled the "Auto Sync HD photos" under the camera settings on the app then check if the issue persists? You may refer to the image below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I have enabled “Auto Sync HD Photos” although it was not enabled when I was recording.

The videos recorded okay to the SD card but when I look for them in the app under “Mavic Air 2” > “All” (or “Photos” or “Videos”) they are not shown.  Just a message “No Photos or Videos”.   (?)

When I select “App Album” all my recently downloaded videos/photos in storage on my iPhone7 are shown.

[EDIT:  I just tried recording video with “Auto Sync HD Photos” enabled - still no files displayed to download.]
2021-11-14
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Same experience here with Android phone, both in app sync options enabled but no latest pictures in Fly app and Google gallery niether.
2021-11-14
Use props
dreamergr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047251 ft
Greece

Me too. I have the same issue but I think its a software "problem" tried to uninstall and reinstall the app and gave it the required access still nothing. No pictures on the phone before you download them. Same as the videos. But hope DJI will fix it.
2021-11-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

GavinM Posted at 11-14 06:05
Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I have enabled “Auto Sync HD Photos” although it was not enabled when I was recording.

Thank you for keeping us posted. We may need to forward this to our designated team for further clarification. We will keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you for your valued support.
2021-11-15
Use props
GavinM
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-15 05:48
Thank you for keeping us posted. We may need to forward this to our designated team for further clarification. We will keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you for your valued support.

That would be great - because trying to get the photos from aircraft to laptop (Windows) via SD card and back to phone (IPhone7) is a real pain in the ass.  The files are too large to email and I can’t EXPORT from laptop to iPhone with a lightning cable (only IMPORT  from phone to laptop).

I just want the old pre-firmware update functionality back again.  Fly>shoot images>download images from aircraft to iPhone via Fly App.  Easy!  
2021-11-15
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

GavinM Posted at 11-15 18:31
That would be great - because trying to get the photos from aircraft to laptop (Windows) via SD card and back to phone (IPhone7) is a real pain in the ass.  The files are too large to email and I can’t EXPORT from laptop to iPhone with a lightning cable (only IMPORT  from phone to laptop).

I just want the old pre-firmware update functionality back again.  Fly>shoot images>download images from aircraft to iPhone via Fly App.  Easy!

1.5.1 update fixed the app gallery issue for me (there are pictures in Fly app gallery again and can be downloaded manually to phone gallery) but it returned the shutter lag (I had in 1.4.12 app) on Android.
2021-11-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

GavinM Posted at 11-15 18:31

We will take note of this, Gavin. Thank you for your valued support.
2021-11-19
Use props
GavinM
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-19 05:51
We will take note of this, Gavin. Thank you for your valued support.

I have today updated the firmware.  It said “bug fixes”.

Didn’t help with my problem.  When I select Album > Mavic Air 2 > All ... it still says “No Photos or Videos” yet there are both photos and videos on the SD Card.  When will this issue be sorted?

2021-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules