Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Thinking of returnng my M3...
947 22 2021-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhanFran
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I'm seriously considering returning my M3. Got it for a few days now, made a few short floghts but I'm not too impressed.
My Mavic2 Pro is doing all the things the M3 does and I'm not sure I will ever be able to use third party-SW I'm used to with this M3..
The fact that it is unclear if sideways protection is available in 'normal' "N" flight mode doesn't help either.
Finally you have all the beautiful marketing video's with the M3 flying through a forest while you read in the instruction manual that it will not detect "tree branches'.

Tell me, apart from the longer fly time, what is the difference with the M2Pro ?
2021-11-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

4/3 Camera !
2021-11-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the two pro and just watched this video and it has persuaded me I dont need to upgrade for now.    Especially as it doenst have the EU classification.   
2021-11-14
Use props
PhanFran
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

Right you are ! Only this doesn't make a difference for me as a non-commercial user.
And several of the YouTube comparisons don't show a difference that is worth 2799 €.
I mean, if it had REAL 360 ° protection and I could fly it tracking a mountainbiker through a forest without worrying about trees or branches, THAT would make a real difference.
2021-11-14
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

If you watch Alex's comparison video and are still not sure what the M3 brings you, then I'd say it's time to send it back.

BTW, the 895g thing is potentially very important in a year's time. It is very likely to mean that while the M2Pro is classed as C2 or worse (DJI may well not bother doing retroactive classification on that), the M3 is far more likely to get retroactive C1 classification. That's a big thing, even for non-commercial users.

As with all things though, YMMV
2021-11-14
Use props
PhanFran
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

DAFlys Posted at 11-14 09:18
I have the two pro and just watched this video and it has persuaded me I dont need to upgrade for now.    Especially as it doenst have the EU classification.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3S5chPFjDQ

I agree. I ordered the M3 because my M2PRO had a minor gimbal issue and two of my three batteries had problems with one of their cells. So, I convinced myself: send in my M2Pro for repair AND buy two new batteries ? Better to buy a brandnew M3. I fear I was wrong.
2021-11-14
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

Tricky situation. You have my sympathy.
2021-11-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

PhanFran Posted at 11-14 09:19
Right you are ! Only this doesn't make a difference for me as a non-commercial user.
And several of the YouTube comparisons don't show a difference that is worth 2799 €.
I mean, if it had REAL 360 ° protection and I could fly it tracking a mountainbiker through a forest without worrying about trees or branches, THAT would make a real difference.

I think you will be able to do that, but maybe skydio would be a better choice, that is specifically designed for what you are looking for and you can save some money. This is obviously not the drone for you.
2021-11-14
Use props
PhanFran
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

DAFlys Posted at 11-14 09:18
I have the two pro and just watched this video and it has persuaded me I dont need to upgrade for now.    Especially as it doenst have the EU classification.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3S5chPFjDQ

That's the video I saw before creating this topic
2021-11-14
Use props
PhanFran
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

hallmark007 Posted at 11-14 09:33
I think you will be able to do that, but maybe skydio would be a better choice, that is specifically designed for what you are looking for and you can save some money. This is obviously not the drone for you.

Any way to buy the Skydio in Europe ?
2021-11-14
Use props
Cloudwalker
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

If you cant see the image quality difference I would return it. I can see it so keeping mine.
2021-11-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

PhanFran Posted at 11-14 10:41
Any way to buy the Skydio in Europe ?

I’m not certain where you would get one. But there are certainly plenty of them around Europe. Try secondhand market.
2021-11-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PhanFran Posted at 11-14 09:27
I agree. I ordered the M3 because my M2PRO had a minor gimbal issue and two of my three batteries had problems with one of their cells. So, I convinced myself: send in my M2Pro for repair AND buy two new batteries ? Better to buy a brandnew M3. I fear I was wrong.

Tricky choice.  But if you can sell the m2p on eBay you might be quads I.  
2021-11-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PhanFran Posted at 11-14 10:40
That's the video I saw before creating this topic

Lol.  My tip then for still photography is luminar ai. It really perks up the images
2021-11-14
Use props
ZeuS-FL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

The camera is amazing and the APAS 5 for me is the most impressive feature as well the advance RTH. Just look this test that i did with mine. Also give some time to DJI to fine tune the firmware.

2021-11-14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A bigger hole in your wallet.
2021-11-14
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

At the end of the day it is your decision on what to do with the drone.  
2021-11-14
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

from a skydio owner, i can tell you that the skydio 2 has the best system on teh planet, hands down.  but even i'm not crazy enough to try to force it to fly thru the woods where there are tiny branches or thru the neighborhood where there are thin wires.  if you want to do that, you need to fly [insert your favourite drone here] that you don't own (i.e. someone else's drone) and then you are free to believe that your infallible drone is smart enough to fly pretty much anywhere it wants, no problem.

yes, the skydio is impressive but even the manufacturer will warn you about limitations.  no way is dji or autel or anyone else going to rival skydio so not sure why i see all these yt videos trying to impress, makes no sense since the mavic simply won't do it.  there's nothing impressive about hunting thru the thick brush and eventually finding your way out; nobody ever posts cinematic video on that.   it's just for show.  otherwise most drones will adequately follow you and 99% flyers should be satisfied.  we don't have to be "professional" drone pilots in order to enjoy good equipment but even i wouldn't crash the company drone if i could help it.  you want super follow me with hi-def cameras and sensors all over it, the skydio is half the price of the m3.
2021-11-14
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Right you are ! Only this doesn't make a difference for me as a non-commercial user.

If you expect to follow a mountain biker at speed through a forest with any drone, including the Skydio 2, then you've probably got way higher expectations than any technology can currently deliver.  Skydio will NOT honor their warranty if you hit a branch and it will consistently lose you and randomly make a weird turn into an area it will be unable to get out of.  I think the Mavic 3 definitely has stepped up its OA game, but its not realistic to expect to follow a mtn biker through a forest.

Oh, and in regards to the 4/3 sensor, if you care about capturing the best images for your fun flights, then yes, the 4/3 sensor does matter.  I fly commercially, but I also quite frequently go flying for fun just to take pretty pics or videos.  The 4/3 sensor makes a big difference for my favorite blue hour images!

2021-11-14
Use props
PhanFran
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

And.... I Did it. Got a UPS label after approval from DJI and sent it back for full refund.
I think it's a wonderful machine this Mavic3 but just not enough extra's compared to my Mavic2Pro to justify the price in my specific case.
2021-11-19
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Right you are ! Only this doesn't make a difference for me as a non-commercial user.

I think you would be more happy with a Skydio 2 instead.
2021-11-19
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think there will be good deals on the refurbished Mavic 3 pro on DJI store after this holiday season.
2021-11-19
Use props
erikjsschneider
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22513 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'd say from what I've seen Pro 2 to 3 doesn't make a huge jump. For me, Air 2 to Mavic 3 Cine was a huge jump. Hope you find what you're looking for! =)
2021-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules