Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Horizon Tilt. Here we go again.
246 8 2021-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cloudwalker
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just took mine up and noticed some gimbal horizon tilt which of course drives my OCD crazy. Did a gimbal and IMU calibration and that did not seem to help. Did a firmware refresh and that did not help. On some clips its fine and on others not. Seems to correct itself somewhat when tilting the camera down a bit vs looking straight at the horizon. Also seems to happen more while in D log vs normal.  Any suggestions? My previous Phantom Pro 4 V2 and Mavic 2 suffered from a tilted horizon issue to some extent. Shame they have not seemed to fix this. I know I can fix it in post but should not have to. Just strange that in normal mode vs D log it happens more.
2021-11-14
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 13129777 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’ll keep an eye out for it, but I haven’t noticed it on my M3.
2021-11-14
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
Flight distance : 14851519 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've not seen this issue yet on mine.  
2021-11-14
Use props
GaryDoug
Captain
Flight distance : 1122201 ft
  • >>>
United States

OP, are you saying that manual calibration of the gimbal does not work for you? It works for me.
2021-11-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, I am sorry for any issue you encountered. May I ask for a video of the issue with your Mavic 3 for further confirmation? Look forward to your early reply.
2021-11-15
Use props
Cloudwalker
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-15 01:24
Hi there, I am sorry for any issue you encountered. May I ask for a video of the issue with your Mavic 3 for further confirmation? Look forward to your early reply.

Hi  I will upload a clip when I get home this evening. However after going through several clips I only noticed two that had the problem. Both after the M3 turned and started its RTH. Both recorded in D-log. So maybe both clips were because of wind direction and facing the Sun on the RTH. Maybe just flukes and not a drone issue. I will do some further testing when I am off tomorrow. Thanks
2021-11-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Cloudwalker Posted at 11-15 06:19
Hi  I will upload a clip when I get home this evening. However after going through several clips I only noticed two that had the problem. Both after the M3 turned and started its RTH. Both recorded in D-log. So maybe both clips were because of wind direction and facing the Sun on the RTH. Maybe just flukes and not a drone issue. I will do some further testing when I am off tomorrow. Thanks

Thank you for your reply on this case. Please keep us updated on the issue. We are very concerned about this.
2021-11-17
Use props
Chuck1026
lvl.4
Flight distance : 273468 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cloudwalker Posted at 2021-11-15 06:19
Hi  I will upload a clip when I get home this evening. However after going through several clips I only noticed two that had the problem. Both after the M3 turned and started its RTH. Both recorded in D-log. So maybe both clips were because of wind direction and facing the Sun on the RTH. Maybe just flukes and not a drone issue. I will do some further testing when I am off tomorrow. Thanks

Hi @cloudwalker! I just got my M3 and it is doing what you describe. What did you learn in the past couple of months? I am concerned and ready to return it - I flew my M2P and M3 at similar heights and took photos a 0 and 180 degrees to check horizon and the M3 is inconsistent. Not cool.
1-19 10:14
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chuck1026 Posted at 1-19 10:14
Hi @cloudwalker! I just got my M3 and it is doing what you describe. What did you learn in the past couple of months? I am concerned and ready to return it - I flew my M2P and M3 at similar heights and took photos a 0 and 180 degrees to check horizon and the M3 is inconsistent. Not cool.

Yep. Another bug that certain shills here might deny. I’d send it back since it could be hardware related.
1-19 10:39
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules