Gimbal Horizon Tilt. Here we go again.
1150 8 2021-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cloudwalker
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Just took mine up and noticed some gimbal horizon tilt which of course drives my OCD crazy. Did a gimbal and IMU calibration and that did not seem to help. Did a firmware refresh and that did not help. On some clips its fine and on others not. Seems to correct itself somewhat when tilting the camera down a bit vs looking straight at the horizon. Also seems to happen more while in D log vs normal.  Any suggestions? My previous Phantom Pro 4 V2 and Mavic 2 suffered from a tilted horizon issue to some extent. Shame they have not seemed to fix this. I know I can fix it in post but should not have to. Just strange that in normal mode vs D log it happens more.
2021-11-14
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’ll keep an eye out for it, but I haven’t noticed it on my M3.
2021-11-14
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've not seen this issue yet on mine.  
2021-11-14
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

OP, are you saying that manual calibration of the gimbal does not work for you? It works for me.
2021-11-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, I am sorry for any issue you encountered. May I ask for a video of the issue with your Mavic 3 for further confirmation? Look forward to your early reply.
2021-11-15
Use props
Cloudwalker
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-15 01:24
Hi there, I am sorry for any issue you encountered. May I ask for a video of the issue with your Mavic 3 for further confirmation? Look forward to your early reply.

Hi  I will upload a clip when I get home this evening. However after going through several clips I only noticed two that had the problem. Both after the M3 turned and started its RTH. Both recorded in D-log. So maybe both clips were because of wind direction and facing the Sun on the RTH. Maybe just flukes and not a drone issue. I will do some further testing when I am off tomorrow. Thanks
2021-11-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Cloudwalker Posted at 11-15 06:19
Hi  I will upload a clip when I get home this evening. However after going through several clips I only noticed two that had the problem. Both after the M3 turned and started its RTH. Both recorded in D-log. So maybe both clips were because of wind direction and facing the Sun on the RTH. Maybe just flukes and not a drone issue. I will do some further testing when I am off tomorrow. Thanks

Thank you for your reply on this case. Please keep us updated on the issue. We are very concerned about this.
2021-11-17
Use props
Chuck1026
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1213816 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cloudwalker Posted at 2021-11-15 06:19
Hi  I will upload a clip when I get home this evening. However after going through several clips I only noticed two that had the problem. Both after the M3 turned and started its RTH. Both recorded in D-log. So maybe both clips were because of wind direction and facing the Sun on the RTH. Maybe just flukes and not a drone issue. I will do some further testing when I am off tomorrow. Thanks

Hi @cloudwalker! I just got my M3 and it is doing what you describe. What did you learn in the past couple of months? I am concerned and ready to return it - I flew my M2P and M3 at similar heights and took photos a 0 and 180 degrees to check horizon and the M3 is inconsistent. Not cool.
2022-1-19
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now