Propeller strange sound
1520 13 2021-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oniwolf93
lvl.1
Italy

Hello there, I want to ask a question about propellers. While taking off and gaining height, I can hear a small buzz from time to time. It's hard to explain since the propellers normally make a lot of noise, but I find it a little bit suspicious. Also while descending I heard it before landing. While training in the past days, I touched the propellers without damaging them, they're not bent at all, at least to my eye, but who knows, I'm still a newbie. Is it normal or I should change them?
Hope to be understood, thanks for your time.
2021-11-14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

After landing, does the intermittent buzz continue? About once per second?  Flashing red LED on rear and props on any motor twitching?  This is usually an indication of a problem with the props on that motor. Earlier posts have discussed this.
2021-11-14
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

when it doubt, change the propellers since they are cheap.  see if there is any difference, if not then you know it's not the props.
2021-11-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Oniwolf93. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Are you receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application and kindly please try to replace the propellers of your DJI Mavic Mini to see if the issue will still persist? Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2021-11-14
Use props
Porktree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-14 18:21
when it doubt, change the propellers since they are cheap.  see if there is any difference, if not then you know it's not the props.

This. Always. Simon Templar is correct.
2021-11-14
Use props
Oniwolf93
lvl.1
Italy

Blériot53 Posted at 11-14 15:01
After landing, does the intermittent buzz continue? About once per second?  Flashing red LED on rear and props on any motor twitching?  This is usually an indication of a problem with the props on that motor. Earlier posts have discussed this.

Not at all, nothing when landed, only while ascending and descending. i also thougth that maybe that sound is made by some air currents during the movement
2021-11-14
Use props
Oniwolf93
lvl.1
Italy

The Saint Posted at 11-14 18:21

i'll try then, thank you
2021-11-14
Use props
Oniwolf93
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-14 19:24
Hello there Oniwolf93. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Are you receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application and kindly please try to replace the propellers of your DJI Mavic Mini to see if the issue will still persist? Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hello, no error on propeller whatsoever. Just an imu calibration reminder that disappears after a few seconds before taking off. Also did the calibration so i don't know. I'll try to change the props, maybe by touching them under a wall, i made some invisible damages
2021-11-14
Use props
Oniwolf93
lvl.1
Italy

Porktree Posted at 11-14 20:34
This. Always. Simon Templar is correct.

okay, i'll give it a shot, thanks!
2021-11-14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oniwolf93 Posted at 11-14 23:02
Not at all, nothing when landed, only while ascending and descending. i also thougth that maybe that sound is made by some air currents during the movement

Well the Mini 1 is a noisy little beast, and the propellor note does change dramatically all the time.  Maybe yours is fine. If the screws on the props are tight and the blades aren't catching on eachother.
2021-11-14
Use props
Oniwolf93
lvl.1
Italy

Blériot53 Posted at 11-14 23:13
Well the Mini 1 is a noisy little beast, and the propellor note does change dramatically all the time.  Maybe yours is fine. If the screws on the props are tight and the blades aren't catching on eachother.

Screws should be fine, they rotate on themselves but i guess it's normal. This evening i should check if they are tight too, as you said, but i guess it's all about my anxiety
2021-11-14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oniwolf93 Posted at 11-14 23:17
Screws should be fine, they rotate on themselves but i guess it's normal. This evening i should check if they are tight too, as you said, but i guess it's all about my anxiety

As others have commented - if in doubt, change the props. They are a cheap and disposable item, after all.  Don't over-tighten the screws if you do change the props.
2021-11-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Always use the new screws that come with the props,  they are pre coated in thread lock.
2021-11-15
Use props
Dong ZeYuan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57060 ft
United States

Please help -> https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=256957
2021-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules