Any other Pros still holding back on buying Mavic 3?
2218 58 2021-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BertrandR
lvl.2

United States

It sounds like they are saying it is a consumer drone with ONE pro level feature. If you are marketing it as a pro drone, why qualify that?
2021-11-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

christangey Posted at 11-15 17:11
I agree but they need to recognize that there are a whole heap of unique circumstances conspiring against the M3 launch right now, many caused by DJI itself. Rare circumstances need rare actions and if they are to save this aircraft from a Pro point of view they need to come out now with detailed responses, in a month it will be too late.

They don't have to unfortunately.
They will get away with it.
It is like this with every release.
And we still buy their products.

A. because they are quite good after you get used to some things.
B. because there is no one making them this good.

And, to be totally honest, if the image quality and flying behavior is good. I would not mind a couple of quirks or some 'missing features'. I would just make it shoot what I wanted.
I would not be not missing shots because of the missing features. I would just be missing features.

I have 2 thumbs and those are the only flight modes I will ever trust.
The rest is fun, but I did not use them much with my MP.  

So yes, I hope there will be good competition, so DJI will be forced to do even better.
But if I had the need for an M3, I would buy it without thinking too much.
It is a great drone already.
2021-11-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

KlooGee Posted at 11-15 19:16
I thought pros / serious photographers always had better file organization than that.  I personally don't dump files from different cards into the same folder.  Each card goes in a separate sub-folder.  

Then when you import the full parent folder into Lightroom, you've easily got the option to deal with them all based on individual flights/cards or as the full parent folder.  Handling them this way, I really don't care what the files are named.

I thought pros / serious photographers always had better file organization than that.  I personally don't dump files from different cards into the same folder.  Each card goes in a separate sub-folder.

I usually make multiple flights on an assignment.
I do "dump" the images into a single folder named with the date and location for the shoot, because I can't think of a good reason to separate them on the basis of individual flights.
And because the file numbers don't repeat on each card, that already provides for very good file organisation.
2021-11-16
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 11-15 07:44
I think (hope) they will add a lot in the nearby future.
But I hope some other competitors will make rivaling products, so they have to step up at DJI.

yes you can't beat competition!
2021-11-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

christangey Posted at 11-16 01:00
yes you can't beat competition!

So get the next 'non DJI' drone and make them improve
2021-11-16
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 11-16 01:17
So get the next 'non DJI' drone and make them improve

I might just do that, my money is still firmly in my pocket!
2021-11-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

christangey Posted at 11-16 02:48
I might just do that, my money is still firmly in my pocket!

I hope someone will release a good alternative!
2021-11-16
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 11-16 02:56
I hope someone will release a good alternative!

Look, I think to be serious we would be happier just with the "finished" M3.
2021-11-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

christangey Posted at 11-16 05:10

Of course. But DJI is not forced to make one without serious competition.
2021-11-16
Use props
Mharz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4759560 ft
  • >>>
United States

christangey Posted at 11-16 05:10

This is exactly how I feel.  Finish up the firmware, add in the missing features, get it all stable and then release the SDK.  The fact remains it's still maybe the best 4/3 sensor flying in this weight/size class with good video and low light performance.

As pointed out, the added features are nice but if DJI makes the sticks and the camera work, I can do the rest.  Yes I want the features but I don't need them.
2021-11-16
Use props
MRomine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

My biggest complaint and the reason why I will not be buying the M3, is the incompatibility of the original Smart Controller. I have the original version that I love and it works very well. To find out that they have purposely not made it compatible with the M3, even with less functionality, turns that $750 piece of equipment into a brick after only two years. Instead I have to spend another $1,200 to have something similar to work with the M3. Yes I know that it comes with a standard controller but I have no desire to go back to a phone or tablet for my work. This is a breaking point for me along with all the other things mentioned in this thread. In my onion this makes this drone way over priced and for only a little more you can get an Inspire with an even better camera.
2021-11-16
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Mharz Posted at 11-16 08:15
This is exactly how I feel.  Finish up the firmware, add in the missing features, get it all stable and then release the SDK.  The fact remains it's still maybe the best 4/3 sensor flying in this weight/size class with good video and low light performance.

As pointed out, the added features are nice but if DJI makes the sticks and the camera work, I can do the rest.  Yes I want the features but I don't need them.

Agreed, I don't want the "fancy bits" as I do everything manually anyway.
2021-11-17
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Labroides Posted at 11-14 20:21
But here I am a week after launch still deciding not just when I will buy the Mavic 3, but even IF I will buy the aircraft at all, and I have had the money sitting in a separate bank account for nearly 2 years ready to pay the money.

I'm in exactly that situation, with the $$ set aside for two years ready to grab an easily portable 4/3 drone when one came available.

You're not alone that's for sure
2021-11-17
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-11-18
Use props
fans50188d7f
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi DJI Team, could someone please confirm that HLG HDR video format will be enabled in the future firmware update? I was expecting Mavic 3 to support it as M2P , MA 2S previous generation drones all supported it. Thank you in advance.,
2021-11-19
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

DC Rainmaker confirmed with contacts at DJI that HDR / HLG video is coming Jan 2022...

2021-11-19
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Nicodema Posted at 11-19 16:02
DC Rainmaker confirmed with contacts at DJI that HDR / HLG video is coming Jan 2022...

[view_image]

Thank you for confirmation Nicodema and sharing all this info. HLG is very important to me, glad to hear it is coming.
2021-11-19
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Mzp Posted at 11-19 17:42
Thank you for confirmation Nicodema and sharing all this info. HLG is very important to me, glad to hear it is coming.

yes agreed, same here
2021-12-11
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

fans50188d7f Posted at 11-19 14:23
Hi DJI Team, could someone please confirm that HLG HDR video format will be enabled in the future firmware update? I was expecting Mavic 3 to support it as M2P , MA 2S previous generation drones all supported it. Thank you in advance.,

It's important to many of us
2021-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules