Still No Quickshot 4K or any Resolution options after firmware u...
462 5 2021-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tim Senior
lvl.1
United States

Hello, I have a Mavic Air 2 and am not able to capture Quickshots in 4K. I bought the drone about one year ago and just yesterday installed a firmware update. I believe it was the only firmware update I have installed, and I did not have "Firmware Auto Download" toggled on. I don't know whether I have missed several other firmware updates in the interim, or if that matters. I updated through the DJI Fly App, and after taking off to like 20ft and accessing Quickshots and accessing Quickshot settings through the 3 dots, there is still NO option for Resolution. No heading called Resolution, no 4K, no options at all. Any idea why I can't see Resolution options after this firmware update? Thanks for any help!
2021-11-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Tim Senior. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Thank you.
2021-11-18
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56588 ft
United States

Tim,  The menus have changed a bit where things like ISO and exposure settings were.  Before when they would populate from the R/H side of the screen, they now populate from the bottom.  Perhaps you just are not looking in the right place since the update.  DJI doesn't really specify what all they change and it is somewhat confusing when you get used to looking for things in a certain spot.  I found best way to find out what they mess with is to just view the forums.  
2021-11-18
Use props
itsdavesdrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's all on the main screen. Down the bottom where the resolutions are listed click them and you can change them from there. They changed the way it all works, it's a bit confusing from how it used to be but it's better once you understand how it works.
2021-11-18
Use props
Tim Senior
lvl.1
United States

Thanks y’all! I actually just figured it out on the phone last night with DJI tech-support.  After the agent had directed me to look under the three dots for the settings for FPS and resolution and I had told him there was nothing there, he asked if he could put me on hold. So I was hovering at about 40 feet and just glanced down to the bottom right of the GUI to make sure the camera was in AUTO mode, and saw the abbreviation RES and clicked on it and, boom, there were all the missing settings for Resolution and FPS. When the agent came back on the line, I informed him of where they were and it seemed like a big surprise to him. He said they must have changed the GUI in the last firmware update. This GUI change must be quite new because I did not find a single thing about it on YouTube when searching for a solution to this problem.

Thanks again to those who responded!
2021-11-18
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56588 ft
United States

Tim Senior Posted at 11-18 12:02
Thanks y’all! I actually just figured it out on the phone last night with DJI tech-support.  After the agent had directed me to look under the three dots for the settings for FPS and resolution and I had told him there was nothing there, he asked if he could put me on hold. So I was hovering at about 40 feet and just glanced down to the bottom right of the GUI to make sure the camera was in AUTO mode, and saw the abbreviation RES and clicked on it and, boom, there were all the missing settings for Resolution and FPS. When the agent came back on the line, I informed him of where they were and it seemed like a big surprise to him. He said they must have changed the GUI in the last firmware update. This GUI change must be quite new because I did not find a single thing about it on YouTube when searching for a solution to this problem.

Thanks again to those who responded!

Thats Great!
Glad you were able to find it, and get the shots you wanted!

DJI support should be a bit embarrased by this, as they are the ones that move the menus around with no notification of the changes, then seem surprised by the changes they make!  

Good & safe flying to you!

Cheers,
Hazr

2021-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules