Micro SD Card in RC Pro controller
13778 28 2021-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7fbe80a3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 290636 ft
China

Hi,I am having issues with the 256g micro sd card in my RC pro controller.

I cannot seem to transfer the video and image from the Mavic 3 drone directlly to the 256g card in the controller. It keeps saying that the card is insufficient....I think its referring to the 32g onboard storage. I have tried to checking the settings for making the 256g as the storage location but cannot seem to locate it.

Any suggestions to overcome this is appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,
-KL

2021-11-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you formatted the card in the controller?
2021-11-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there -KL. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different supported microSD card on your DJI RC Pro to see if the issue will persist. For reference I will post the list of supported microSD card for the DJI RC Pro. Thank you.

2021-11-15
Use props
keithckloo
lvl.2
China

DAFlys Posted at 11-15 01:25
Have you formatted the card in the controller?

Yes. I have formatted the card through the controller. Thanks.
2021-11-15
Use props
keithckloo
lvl.2
China

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-15 01:33
Hello there -KL. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different supported microSD card on your DJI RC Pro to see if the issue will persist. For reference I will post the list of supported microSD card for the DJI RC Pro. Thank you.

[view_image]

I am using the approved micro sd card listed. Actually its the same brand, model and capacity I am using in my Mavic 3 too.
2021-11-15
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

maybe worth doing a short screen capture video? Does seem odd.
2021-11-15
Use props
keithckloo
lvl.2
China

After formatting the card, there was an option to use the card as the phone external card OR for transferring files between devices. First option is disable, so I chose the option of transferring files between devices. Did not have a pic of this.  After batch selecting the video/pictures from M3, I just can't choose the location to store the files. It just want to save in the default 32G internal memory of the RC Pro.

I hope this could be fixed with a firmware update. Else what's the use of an external memory card in the RC Pro if we are to save the files manually from the drone instead of performing it automatically. We are just going backwards in simplicity.  
2021-11-15
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5322589 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I have the exact issue with my rc pro controller and an 64gb supported SD. In the previous Smart Controller I could choose to save the cache file from dji fly app directly in the SD card, and even the files I'd like to download. In this RC PRO doesn't seem to be possible now, only store the cache and f downloaded files in its own internal memory.

After formatting I've also had the screen where I could choose what to use the SD card for, and even in my controller, the option to expand the internal memory is not selectable.
image.jpg
image.jpg
2021-11-21
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-11-21
Use props
fans00cffd08
lvl.2
Malaysia

NGC Posted at 11-21 14:23
Firmware obviously not done. Even if you get the card in there and formatted, you can't save anything to the SD Card in the RC Pro. Pretty glaring example of how DJI released a "premium product" without the software to support it. And AirSense works like garbage on the RC Pro compared to the "regular" dumb controller that doesn't cost $1200.

Totally with you on this....paying premium for an incomplete premium product. No wonder there's an additional 3 months warranty. But it does not  hide the fact.....we are unable to fully utilise the product.

DJI. I hope this SD card issue will be fixed as soon as possible in the next firmware update.
2021-11-21
Use props
fans00cffd08
lvl.2
Malaysia

Totally with you on this....paying premium for an incomplete premium product. No wonder there's an additional 3 months warranty. But it does not  hide the fact.....we are unable to fully utilise the product.

DJI. I hope this SD card issue will be fixed as soon as possible in the next firmware update.
2021-11-21
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-11-21
Use props
BlairwareVision
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16780791 ft
  • >>>
United States

Exact same issue. I have tried everything,  including:

Multiple brands of U3/C10/V30/A2 cards (about as good as they get - These are Sandisk Extreme Pro and equivalent.  

Tried unlocking developer options. NG.
Tried Formating in the controller.  NG
Tried Formatting as ExFAT. NG
Tried ADB Tools from a PC Connection. NG

There is an option to unlock the bootloader in developer options once you enable them, but I don't want to do that, since I'm not clear how  to re-lock it and that could affect warranty.  
This is some hot mess on a controller thats $400-500 over its predecessor,  and works with exactly ONE Aircraft (the Cine is the same AC -  for the purpose of this discussion.)

DJI, you need to fix this asap, as I will otherwise return the RC Pro AND the Mavic 3 Fly More as essentially unusable. The controller is useless for file management.
2021-12-3
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Add me to the list.  I had to see this for myself this afternoon.  I was toying with the idea of flying the 3 for a touch, but at every turn I run into software challenges.  This thing is benched until firmware fixes arrive.
2021-12-3
Use props
fans00cffd08
lvl.2
China

Was hoping that the latest Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0400 and Remote Controller: v04.13.0400 update resolve this important file transferring issue.

I am truly disappointed with DJI's inability to resolve this simple matter of file transfer from the Mavic 3 to the RC Pro sd card. . How difficult can it be? Come on......!!!!
2021-12-10
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

In the meantime, side-load a file management app and transfer away.
2021-12-10
Use props
fans00cffd08
lvl.2
China

KLRSKIR Posted at 12-10 23:11
In the meantime, side-load a file management app and transfer away.

I was hoping this can be resolve with a firmware update.
Anyway, what is the name of the side load file management app?  
2021-12-10
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The bug is that the RC Pro firmware does not ask your permission to use the card, side load a third party file explorer, CX Explorer for example. You can download it directly onto the controller from APK Pure. Don’t ask me about Google Play as I have never used it, opting for APK Pure instead.

Once you install it, it will request your permission to use the card, once granted you can use CX Explorer to move files about or the native file app. DJI are aware of the bug, it didn’t make it into the 10/12 update.

2021-12-10
Use props
fans00cffd08
lvl.2
China

Buzzyone Posted at 12-10 23:52
The bug is that the RC Pro firmware does not ask your permission to use the card, side load a third party file explorer, CX Explorer for example. You can download it directly onto the controller from APK Pure. Don’t ask me about Google Play as I have never used it, opting for APK Pure instead.

Once you install it, it will request your permission to use the card, once granted you can use CX Explorer to move files about or the native file app. DJI are aware of the bug, it didn’t make it into the 10/12 update.

HI. Noted with thanks. I am using AK Pure too.
2021-12-11
Use props
fans00cffd08
lvl.2
China

Buzzyone Posted at 12-10 23:52
The bug is that the RC Pro firmware does not ask your permission to use the card, side load a third party file explorer, CX Explorer for example. You can download it directly onto the controller from APK Pure. Don’t ask me about Google Play as I have never used it, opting for APK Pure instead.

Once you install it, it will request your permission to use the card, once granted you can use CX Explorer to move files about or the native file app. DJI are aware of the bug, it didn’t make it into the 10/12 update.

I've installed the CX file explorer. However it is still unable to download from the RC Pro. Fiddle around with file explore and I can't seem to find the Mavic 3 file folder for manual transfer.

Just have to wait for the firmware updates, I suppose.
2021-12-11
Use props
rincflyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28392 ft
United States

Same issue on the RC Pro that comes with the Air 2S bundle.
2021-12-12
Use props
djiuser_XZmeImlVR7VF
lvl.1

United States

Hello everyone. Pardon my ignorance, but I just received my RC Pro (it's presently charging), and I came upon this thread because I was searching what exactly the microSD card slot was for, and also what the mini HDMI slot was for. Would any of you kindly enlighten me? I think I know what they're for, but just not sure, as it's not explained in the User Manual. Thanks in advance.
2021-12-13
Use props
sclelectronics
lvl.4
United States

Well the RC Pro Controller is not fully been cooked....

The Micro SD card is used to Supplement the Internal Memory if the Controller.
So you would have plenty of Storage to copy Photos and Videos from the M3 to the RC Pro.
(Files would be place on the SD card automatically)
Well even after the Latest FW update.. You Only can use SD card for Storage.. But you must MANUALLY transfer files to IT!!

The Micro HDMI port is so you can play media directly to a Monitor.
Also you can mirror what you see on the controller, to a External Monitor...
2021-12-13
Use props
LVFLYER
New

United States

Today, Dec. 28, I received a new 256GB micro SD. Without using any apps that didn't come loaded on the RC Pro Controller, I was able to successfully set up the card and then transfer photo files from the internal memory to the SD card.  I believe I went to Settings, Storage, and then since the Controller already recognized the presence of the SD card, was able to choose between internal memory, AKA "Device Storage", and "Portable Storage".  Once I chose the portable storage, I was prompted to chose between transferring files between devices or expanding phone storage and neither option was grayed out. (I may not have the exact terminology of the two options.)  Since I intend to use the card to transfer files to a PC or portable drive, I chose the first option.  BTW, I tried to set up a working micro SD card I already owned a couple of days ago and was not able to navigate to any screen that had these options available which is how I initially found this thread.  I suspect a firmware update enabled these options but don't recall any updates in the last couple of days.  I'm a total drone newbie, so apologize if I'm not using the right terminology.  Other factors that may or may not be relevant.  I inserted the card with the controller turned off, and at no time during this process (or indeed anytime today) did I turn on the drone.
2021-12-28
Use props
dman1011
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90646 ft
Australia

Im also annoyed by this issue,

I want to bulk download from the Mavic 3 directly to the SD card and not to the internal storage and then copy it across manually

The reason is that I generally have over 32gb of footage so I have to do it in batches which is super annoying

Hopefully this is fixed ASAP
2022-1-1
Use props
Heinz Donsbach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56575 ft
  • >>>
Germany

dman1011 Posted at 1-1 07:03
Im also annoyed by this issue,

I want to bulk download from the Mavic 3 directly to the SD card and not to the internal storage and then copy it across manually

In the Fly app, go to Profile, then Settings , Storage. Here you can switch your memory to the memory card
2022-2-26
Use props
djiuser_f2rbPiRSifHQ
lvl.2

United States

This channel has lots of good videos on the RC Pro... including this one on using the MicroSD card:
2022-4-27
Use props
djiuser_UGXNd3O6FkUP
lvl.2

Germany

I experienced the same but could figure out a solution for me.

I inserted an SD Card into the Remote Controller and in the DJI app it said, there is no SD Card in there.
When I was playing inside the app I swiped down to get to the WLAN settings of android and noticed a notification telling me that the SD Card has to be formatted again.
I formatted the SD Card within a click onto that notification and it works now.

Regards Chris
2022-8-20
Use props
Johannes Iersch
New

Netherlands

ad me to the list unable to make the SD card leading!
2023-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules