Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-25 03:58
Yes.  But it also meant deliveries couldn’t get to the supermarkets.

Yeah that was indeed a negative effect of the storm.  

I'm still seeing many items marked as "out of stock" on store shelves.  This pandemic has really messed up production and supply.
2021-11-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-26 04:33
Yeah that was indeed a negative effect of the storm.  

I'm still seeing many items marked as "out of stock" on store shelves.  This pandemic has really messed up production and supply.

And if the Nu variant takes off things could get worse very quickly.  I see SA went from a steady 200 cases a day and in 4 days are up to 2500 due to it.
2021-11-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-26 05:27
And if the Nu variant takes off things could get worse very quickly.  I see SA went from a steady 200 cases a day and in 4 days are up to 2500 due to it.

I was just reading an article on the latest variant to his SA.  Not good news for them at all.  Appears the vaccination rate for SA is still quite low.
2021-11-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-27 03:17
I was just reading an article on the latest variant to his SA.  Not good news for them at all.  Appears the vaccination rate for SA is still quite low.

They've just found cases of it here,  in a town I pass through a few times a week,  about 15 miles from me.
2021-11-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-27 07:39
They've just found cases of it here,  in a town I pass through a few times a week,  about 15 miles from me.

Unfortunately, that variation has now been spotted in several places outside of SA.  Only a matter of time before it is here also.  Hopefully, the current vaccines will have some mitigating effects against this new strain.
2021-11-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-28 04:38
Unfortunately, that variation has now been spotted in several places outside of SA.  Only a matter of time before it is here also.  Hopefully, the current vaccines will have some mitigating effects against this new strain.

Yep,   Ive been getting more and more case alerts to my watch,  its certainly spreading fast,   were not in a lockdown here but mask mandates are back along with travel restrictions and mandatory testing for all travellers and isolation until they get a negative.
2021-11-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-28 05:24
Yep,   Ive been getting more and more case alerts to my watch,  its certainly spreading fast,   were not in a lockdown here but mask mandates are back along with travel restrictions and mandatory testing for all travellers and isolation until they get a negative.

At least they are making a good effort toward minimizing that new strain.  

I had plans to travel this summer but now just have to wait and see how this new strain goes.  I'm sure travel restrictions will be in place again to many countries.  
2021-11-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-29 03:06
At least they are making a good effort toward minimizing that new strain.  

I had plans to travel this summer but now just have to wait and see how this new strain goes.  I'm sure travel restrictions will be in place again to many countries.

My main concern with traveling is going somewhere and then a new strain is found and then you cant get home for a while.    Some of the travel photographers I follow have fallen into this trap.
2021-11-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-29 03:11
My main concern with traveling is going somewhere and then a new strain is found and then you cant get home for a while.    Some of the travel photographers I follow have fallen into this trap.

Same here.  I've also heard a few horror stories about being stranded while traveling overseas.  One couple from Florida spent 65 days in a South American country waiting to return to the US.  That had to be quite the expensive stay I'm sure.
2021-11-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-30 04:29
Same here.  I've also heard a few horror stories about being stranded while traveling overseas.  One couple from Florida spent 65 days in a South American country waiting to return to the US.  That had to be quite the expensive stay I'm sure.

That would be a nightmare.   
2021-11-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-30 04:36
That would be a nightmare.

You would think it was a nightmare.  However, the couple said that they enjoyed the extended visit and were treated nicely by the locals but were glad to finally be able to get back home. I guess it turned out okay for them as he was a retired airline pilot and she was a retired school principal so no jobs were at stake.   
2021-12-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-1 02:57
You would think it was a nightmare.  However, the couple said that they enjoyed the extended visit and were treated nicely by the locals but were glad to finally be able to get back home. I guess it turned out okay for them as he was a retired airline pilot and she was a retired school principal so no jobs were at stake.

That was lucky,   Good job they didn't need to go to work.
2021-12-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-1 02:58
That was lucky,   Good job they didn't need to go to work.

For sure.  I'm not sure how many, or if any would be able to let an employee miss work for over 2 months without replacing them.  
2021-12-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-1 03:49
For sure.  I'm not sure how many, or if any would be able to let an employee miss work for over 2 months without replacing them.

If it was like the couple of saw stuck in SA.   They would get a flight booked,  and then at the last minute they would get kicked off it for some reason.   So they would be dribbling the time up,   not like they phoned the boss and said were stuck here for 2 months.
2021-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules