3123 10 2021-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bunraku
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4583 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

I just got the Mavic Air 2s and one thing i'm not sure about is the Auto Focus. I used to have the Mavic Pro and you had to tap to focus, wheras the Air 2s seems to have a Auto Focus scale that has a flower/macro setting at the bottom and at work and can't remember whats at the top. So what is the scale for? Is it not a one AF fits all Auto Focus?

Thanks
2021-11-15
Use props
mukhas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 832605 ft
Ukraine

Hello

I think you are using manual focus (MF), turn on auto focus (AF). I have no issue with AF.
2021-11-15
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you look closely at the "slider" that comes up, it has the usual infinity/(mountain) and close/(flower/macro) icons, and if you slide that between those it invokes the manual focus (MF), and if slid all the way it will revert back to AF...
It will "automatically focus" when stopping when it detects a great difference in object distance ( it will "hunt" for a second).

You CAN still touch the screen to focus...Needs to be in AF ( Auto Focus). One note: if you tap it too long, the exposure "circle" will come up though.

Manual focus is good for a few scenarios ( especially if you enable the "focus peaking" option to highlight the in-focus areas) Mainly it lets you keep a focus so it won't "hunt" for focus when stopping/starting as it will in AF  

Another thing to remember is that it will keep the settings for each mode (stills/ video/movie/quickshots/etc) so if you select something like manual focus (MF) in say, video, that won't stay if you go back to still pictures but will if you go back to video and vice-versa...Just a thing to keep in mind so it won't mess up the next time if you don't want that setting again in that mode.

2021-11-15
Use props
Bunraku
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4583 ft
United Kingdom

jmb63 Posted at 11-15 06:18
If you look closely at the "slider" that comes up, it has the usual infinity/(mountain) and close/(flower/macro) icons, and if you slide that between those it invokes the manual focus (MF), and if slid all the way it will revert back to AF...
It will "automatically focus" when stopping when it detects a great difference in object distance ( it will "hunt" for a second).

Thanks JMB63.

Much appreciated
2021-11-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bunraku. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refer to the post of mukhas on post #2. Kindly please keep us posted. Thank you.
2021-11-18
Use props
JeanbHarmon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101467 ft
Israel

jmb63 Posted at 2021-11-15 06:18

How this manual focus works with a fixed lens in the Air2s? I know it has a large depth of field but I do not get how is implemented such manual focus? I can see the focus change when playing with the slider.
2022-9-5
Use props
JeanbHarmon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101467 ft
Israel

jmb63 Posted at 2021-11-15 06:18

How is implemented manual focus on a fixed focus lens drone like the air2s?
What happens when playing with the slider to adjust the focus manually?
What physically happen to focus? Is it focus digitally ?
2022-11-23
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

It's not a fixed focus lens.
2022-11-23
Use props
LeBang
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1042448 ft
Vietnam

interested this issue.
2022-11-24
Use props
StephanieMitche
lvl.1

Pakistan

I was also looking for somehow the same thing, but I don't know that how to ask from you. You have solve my problem. Thank you so much. For, more information you can visit this website: https://bestpaintballmasks.com/
2022-11-24
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

LeBang Posted at 11-24 00:41
interested this issue.

There isn't an "issue" - this thread is just a matter of someone who misunderstood the features of the drone and/or didn't read the manual.
2022-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules