Magenta tint on the sides of pictures
2948 16 2021-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc69683fa
lvl.4
Finland

Has anyone else noticed a magenta tint on the sides of the pictures? It is more visible on cloudy pictures and more obvious when you push the DNG a bit in Lightroom, but I'm not seeing this kind of tint in my Air 2S pictures when using same settings in Lightroom. Also notice how the horizon is not level and this is my second problem with my Mavic 3. I have a support case open for DJI, but haven't got any updates other than it has been transfered to a higher level on support.

Mavic 3 tint

Mavic 3 tint

Air 2S

Air 2S

Mavic 3 tint & horizon off

Mavic 3 tint & horizon off
2021-11-15
Use props
fansc69683fa
lvl.4
Finland

I just got this reply from DJI support:

"
We would like to thank you for your feedback. We are working on it and it is preliminarily determined that the issue occurs due to software algorithm error, which will be resolved through firmware update. Please pay attention to latest firmware update information. Thank you for your understanding and support.

This phenomenon usually occurs when the aperture is set to a small value. Please try to increase the aperture and lower the shutter and ISO."

So according to this info this problem should concern all Mavic 3s out there.

How to check this:

1. Take a picture in a cloudy day
2. In Lightroom overexpose the image a bit
3. Increase Saturation, Vibrance and Dehaze

2021-11-15
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

What an odd artefact. Good to hear that they are dealing with it though. Any chance of posting an unprocessed version of one of the tint victim photos? It would be interesting to see what sort of base image would be prone to the effect.
2021-11-15
Use props
fansc69683fa
lvl.4
Finland

There is another discussion in here that has samples from another user:

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... -color-tint.118335/

He got told by the support that it is a hardware problem and is in the middle of replacement process. Very mixed information...
2021-11-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fansc69683fa Posted at 11-15 07:01
I just got this reply from DJI support:

"

Well usually when its all drones it gets dji attention. It’s definitely visible, on raw images in post does it show up ?
2021-11-15
Use props
itsdavesdrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Not good... wow

Even that Action 2 thing they released is garbage and overheats. It's like they rushed it all out for Christmas regardless of if it was ready to release or not... For the time it has taken between release of the Mavic 2 pro to the Mavic 3 you would think they would have had plenty of time to have things like this sorted. Especially for such expensive products...
2021-11-15
Use props
fansc69683fa
lvl.4
Finland

hallmark007 Posted at 11-15 11:13
Well usually when its all drones it gets dji attention. It’s definitely visible, on raw images in post does it show up ?

It shows in RAW DNG files when they are pushed in Lightroom (more than my normal edits, but with same settings my Air 2S images don't show this kind of tint)
Could someone do a test and take a picture on a cloudy day and then push the image in Lightroom (Dehaze all the way) and see if there is this wierd tint in the sides?
I'm thinking of returning my Mavic 3 for a refund. Don't wan't to find my self in a situation where there won't be a firmware fix and DJI says (after my return window is closed) that this kind on behaviour is 'within spec'...

2021-11-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fansc69683fa Posted at 11-15 11:49
It shows in RAW DNG files when they are pushed in Lightroom (more than my normal edits, but with same settings my Air 2S images don't show this kind of tint)
Could someone do a test and take a picture on a cloudy day and then push the image in Lightroom (Dehaze all the way) and see if there is this wierd tint in the sides?
I'm thinking of returning my Mavic 3 for a refund. Don't wan't to find my self in a situation where there won't be a firmware fix and DJI says (after my return window is closed) that this kind on behaviour is 'within spec'...

Dehaze all the way will produce a purple haze, maybe not the best idea. This is clearly a problem , maybe you need to find someone who doesn’t have the problem, then you could opt for a new drone or refund.
2021-11-15
Use props
Cloudwalker
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Only had a couple of cloudy day DNGs and I processed both in LR and saw no issues. Even after adding a lot of dehaze and contrast. They looked fine.  
2021-11-15
Use props
fansc69683fa
lvl.4
Finland

Cloudwalker Posted at 11-15 12:12
Only had a couple of cloudy day DNGs and I processed both in LR and saw no issues. Even after adding a lot of dehaze and contrast. They looked fine.

This would indicate that it is a hardware defect.
2021-11-15
Use props
Chest Rockwell
lvl.3
United States

I believe I may have this issue as well.  I'm getting a purple tint in DLOG files in video.  I remembered this thread so I tried taking a DNG photo and it shows up there too.  I'm seeing purple and blue pushes in my images and video.  It's been making it difficult to get a natural looking image.  I have some red barns on my property and I couldn't get them to look right on some of my shots.  The roofing on the barns also has blue/cyan/purple pushes that don't seem to make sense.  It's easy to fix in Lightroom for a single image, but in video it's much more of a pain for me.

It's worth noting that, at least for me, switching to normal picture mode instead of DLOG does seem to look fine, without the purple/blue push, as far as I can tell so far.

Does anyone have any further information on this?  I'm heading to the Caribbean in a few weeks and intend on bringing this drone, but I don't want to come home with poor footage due to defects or firmware issues if I can avoid it.
2021-11-16
Use props
fansc69683fa
lvl.4
Finland

Mine is going back to DJI for a replacement. I also noticed that my right rear arm vibrates when doing a descent.
2021-11-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fansc69683fa Posted at 11-16 22:23
Mine is going back to DJI for a replacement. I also noticed that my right rear arm vibrates when doing a descent.

Hello there. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having this issues with your new DJI Mavic 3 and it is great to know that you have already contacted our DJI support team for assistance with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2021-11-18
Use props
Travelwild
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7759249 ft
Italy

Same problem here, should i wait for new firmware or contact dji for replacement?
2021-11-26
Use props
fans9dfb9ae4
lvl.1

France

Hi guys, does the problem still exist with the new update?

Thanks
2022-1-29
Use props
fans463289dc
lvl.1

Australia

fans9dfb9ae4 Posted at 1-29 11:30
Hi guys, does the problem still exist with the new update?

Thanks

I've just bought a Mavic 3 and it has this issue
2022-7-25
Use props
Mark Ford
New

South Africa

I have a serious issue with the purple in D Log. The footage is unusable, customer is not going to be happy and I cant re shoot the video. There is still no fix?
2023-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules