Calibrating the DJI Mavic Air Vision System using DJI Assistant
905 1 2021-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Facherty
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I had problems calibrating my Mavic Air's vision system, and managed to solve it using some of the advice on this forum. Nonetheless, I wanted to write and say:
• thank-you to those who posted
• what appalling software DJI have given us - there are three years of complaints about software that is still in use by (perhaps) millions of people, and not a single update in that time
My Notes
1.          The app is called DJI Assistant 2 on the web, but in the Mac’s Applications Folder it is called simply Assistant.
2.         Do not use it on any iMac 27” – Assistant is very sensitive to screen size and the iMac monitor is too large. (Your Samsung 55” is Right Out!). I got mine working on on a 1080p Philips monitor connected by HDMI
3.          Do not use it on a system with two monitors. I had noticed this mentioned by a number of people in the forum, but didn't think it applied to me since my other monitor was off. The only time I could get past the fourth instruction screen, and get the "Calibrate" button, was when I had removed the cable to the other screen.
Other Problems
When it starts there is a visual prompt to attach the drone via USB, but underneath it reads, “How to connect to Inspire 2?”. This is lightly off-putting if you have a Mavic Air and are not certain you’re in the right place.
There is no Quit on the menu bar – you have to alt-cmd-esc and then Force Quit the app. Only then does it put up a dialogue box checking you want to quit, and quits anyway whether or not you choose the option!
Finding the right distance from the monitor, and the correct plane orientation, can be difficult
When it is working, the rate of moving around the screen is quite fast, making the process “feel” inaccurate. However, the process completed successfully, and the error was gone when I restarted the drone.

2021-11-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.
Just create a new thread here : https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html and select the right category / subcategory.
2021-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules