5342 28 2021-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yoengel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2370988 ft
  • >>>
United States

The image below is a pano using the 1X camera taken at sunrise. I have more sample images from the Mavic 3 on my website. So far I'm very impressed coming from the Mavic 2 Pro. The 5.1k video quality is also quite stunning, will post those later.

https://heyengel.com/dji-mavic-3-sample-images

Mavic 3 Sunrise

Mavic 3 Sunrise
2021-11-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Excellent, thank you for posting, with long exposure light seemed extremely good at iso 100, was there much noise and what post processing was needed ?
2021-11-15
Use props
yoengel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-15 10:11
Excellent, thank you for posting, with long exposure light seemed extremely good at iso 100, was there much noise and what post processing was needed ?

Thank you!  I shot these with AEB 3 exposures just in case, and combined into an HDR pano in Lighroom.  I had to bring up the exposure in the foreground.  The moutain foreground is almost black in the main shot, and there is quite a bit of noise, but easily removed with light noise reduction in lightroom.  I'm basically shooting towards the sun right before sunrise, so quite a bit of dyamic range was needed.
2021-11-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

yoengel Posted at 11-15 10:41
Thank you!  I shot these with AEB 3 exposures just in case, and combined into an HDR pano in Lighroom.  I had to bring up the exposure in the foreground.  The moutain foreground is almost black in the main shot, and there is quite a bit of noise, but easily removed with light noise reduction in lightroom.  I'm basically shooting towards the sun right before sunrise, so quite a bit of dyamic range was needed.

Really good news I have found many times with M2P it difficult to remove the noise, although recovering in the shadows always seemed good in dji 1” sensor drones. Still waiting for mine but these photos and what’s possible will be worth the wait. Thank you again and good luck.
2021-11-15
Use props
yoengel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-15 10:49
Really good news I have found many times with M2P it difficult to remove the noise, although recovering in the shadows always seemed good in dji 1” sensor drones. Still waiting for mine but these photos and what’s possible will be worth the wait. Thank you again and good luck.

Definitely worth the wait, it feels like it flies forever in one battery and the 7X camera unlocks new possibilities, good luck!
2021-11-15
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

That picture is amazing. Well done.
2021-11-15
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

I miss Velvia...
2021-11-15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice composition
2021-11-15
Use props
yoengel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Visual Air Posted at 11-15 13:24
That picture is amazing. Well done.

Thank you!!
2021-11-15
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Beautiful image.. I have to disagree with image quality though, I am seeing in my raw images very similar IQ to the MP2, edges are soft focus and there is quite a lot of noise here... I saw this in the air 2s  aswelI where random spots in the image were soft focus and other areas were sharp...
have been waiting almost 3 years for the next version and was hoping it would be a game changer for stills but not so in my opinion, could have done away with the x7 camera for a better lens/ larger sensor with more pixels... Video does look great though.
2021-11-15
Use props
yoengel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Skyris Posted at 11-15 16:28
Beautiful image.. I have to disagree with image quality though, I am seeing in my raw images very similar IQ to the MP2, edges are soft focus and there is quite a lot of noise here... I saw this in the air 2s  aswelI where random spots in the image were soft focus and other areas were sharp...
have been waiting almost 3 years for the next version and was hoping it would be a game changer for stills but not so in my opinion, could have done away with the x7 camera for a better lens/ larger sensor with more pixels... Video does look great though.

Thank you!  I plan to do a lens chart test tomorrow to compare the M3 vs M2P.  It seems that people have varying experiences which could be from different issues including manufacturing QA, or focusing technique.
2021-11-15
Use props
yoengel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Many thanks!
2021-11-15
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

yoengel Posted at 11-15 16:46
Thank you!  I plan to do a lens chart test tomorrow to compare the M3 vs M2P.  It seems that people have varying experiences which could be from different issues including manufacturing QA, or focusing technique.

That would be great to see, I have set the camera to infinity but I am seeing inconsistences in the focus across the frame, some parts will be sharp, especially center but not too far off center it will look a lot softer, then the bottom edge will look good, its very strange.
2021-11-15
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Images look ok but not super spectacular over the M2 and P4PV2 but those hills though, would be amazing to use an e-bike on them.  Where is that place even located??
2021-11-15
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Its a stunning photo.. love the long portrait composition aswell
2021-11-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there yoengel. Good day and thank you for posting this epic photo you have captured using you captured using the DJI Mavic 3. Great work and thank you for your support. .
2021-11-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great Shot    
2021-11-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Youre welcome
2021-11-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, what a stunning pano.  
2021-11-16
Use props
yoengel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-15 19:48
Hello there yoengel. Good day and thank you for posting this epic photo you have captured using you captured using the DJI Mavic 3. Great work and thank you for your support.  .

Thank you DJI Stephen!
2021-11-16
Use props
yoengel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thank you!
2021-11-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You’re very welcome.
2021-11-16
Use props
yoengel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-16 04:27
Wow, what a stunning pano.

Thank you!
2021-11-17
Use props
yoengel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Skyris Posted at 11-15 19:21
Its a stunning photo.. love the long portrait composition aswell

Many thanks!
2021-11-17
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I have  recently taken a very nice 360 panorama and clients are very happy, this is due to the center of the image being sharp and allowing me to mask out the edges.. When you drag the dng into a program that doenst apply the dji profile you can see how bad the edges really are, the top edges of my dng are black, prob not even a vignette but lens looking into plastic, you can see why the edges are blurry as the profile is trying to hide this. I just wish that zoom was off the top of the camera and they focused on getting this lens really good.. its not far off and the x7 is pretty average and pointless in my opinion.
2021-11-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Skyris Posted at 11-17 14:10
I have  recently taken a very nice 360 panorama and clients are very happy, this is due to the center of the image being sharp and allowing me to mask out the edges.. When you drag the dng into a program that doenst apply the dji profile you can see how bad the edges really are, the top edges of my dng are black, prob not even a vignette but lens looking into plastic, you can see why the edges are blurry as the profile is trying to hide this. I just wish that zoom was off the top of the camera and they focused on getting this lens really good.. its not far off and the x7 is pretty average and pointless in my opinion.

The zoom is a complete separate camera, has nothing to do with main camera, can have no effect on main camera output. Its difficult to know why you think they would cheap out on the biggest attraction to get a zoom in.

If you remember release of M2 a lot more people tearing their hair out, “ It has Distortion, Its not using all the sensor, its not a true 1” sensor” 3 months and a couple FW updates and it was the best prosumer camera on a drone out there and huge amounts of photographers and videographers using it.

I almost expected it not to be fully right, and add in those throwing a strop this would get the same baptism.

I do think its not right but believe its pretty good and updates will greatly improve it. I also think they will improve the zoom, its there for the amusement of those who prefer to fly or a tool to use how you think it best used.

Can it be edited in camera raw in PS, usually takes a couple of weeks for PS to recognize new cameras.
2021-11-17
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 11-17 15:03
The zoom is a complete separate camera, has nothing to do with main camera, can have no effect on main camera output. Its difficult to know why you think they would cheap out on the biggest attraction to get a zoom in.

If you remember release of M2 a lot more people tearing their hair out, “ It has Distortion, Its not using all the sensor, its not a true 1” sensor” 3 months and a couple FW updates and it was the best prosumer camera on a drone out there and huge amounts of photographers and videographers using it.

I understand that the cameras are separate and on different sensors but it look like the main camera has been pushed down to make way for that second camera, the raw files shows very black edges at the top meaning the lens is seeing the top part of camera housing..
Overall I am pleased with the main camera but would have been a lot happier if they got the lens right instead of pushing it down to make way for a camera that looks pretty rubbish on screen.
I do hope software can fix some of these issues with the x7 but will see..
2021-11-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're very welcome.  
2021-11-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

yoengel Posted at 11-16 08:45
Thank you DJI Stephen!

Hi there yoengel. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2021-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules