Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Phantom 4 Pro compatibility issues with iPad Mini 6
6529 25 2021-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jambopablo48
New
New Zealand

Hi,
I have the DJI Phantom 4 Pro Drone - Model No. WM331A & the controller Model No. GL300F.
I purchased an iPad mini (6th generation), software version 15.0
I installed dji go 4.0 but it will not connect to the drone.
Does anyone know if there is any updates required or if there is a known compatibilty problem.

I have used an andriod phone and have none of these issues.

Is it possible that the cable connecting from Controller to iPad needs to be a specific type?
The one I have is standard USB to device.
Thank you in advance for your help.
2021-11-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there jambopablo48. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPad Mini 6 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Phantom 4 Pro and on the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI drone and on the said DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4  application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPad Mini 6 will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and for the said DJI Drone we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on your DJI drone. For reference I will post a DJI link  where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/phantom-4-pro ) . Thank you.
2021-11-15
Use props
ToddWaddington
lvl.1
Flight distance : 333947 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-15 20:27
Hello there jambopablo48. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPad Mini 6 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Phantom 4 Pro and on the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI drone and on the said DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4  application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPad Mini 6 will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and for the said DJI Drone we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on your DJI drone. For reference I will post a DJI link  where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/phantom-4-pro ) . Thank you.

The Phantom 4 Pro remote does NOT have a microSD card .  The instructions for firmware update show that.  But either way, I updated the Phantom with DJI Phantom app on my computer.  It connects to my iPhone 13 Pro Max but DOES NOT connect to the iPad 6 mini.  
2021-12-14
Use props
ToddWaddington
lvl.1
United States

I have tested the iPad mini 6 and iPhone 13 pro with my mavic pro 2 and it's fine on both.  My phantom pro 4 works with my iPhone 13 Pro but DOES NOT WORK WITH the iPad mini 6.
2021-12-14
Use props
ToddWaddington
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-15 20:27
Hello there jambopablo48. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPad Mini 6 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Phantom 4 Pro and on the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI drone and on the said DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4  application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPad Mini 6 will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and for the said DJI Drone we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on your DJI drone. For reference I will post a DJI link  where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/phantom-4-pro ) . Thank you.

when do you think the app will be optimized for the iPad mini 6?
2021-12-14
Use props
NotSoSmartPA
lvl.2

United States

If I recall, IOS has a check for external devices/USB connections.  It will pop-up and ask if you want to allow a device to be connected.
Also, I’ve seen somewhere that there’s a requirement that the ipad MUST have cellular service available for the DJI apps.
And of course, there’s always the — do you have latest IOS updates installed?  I think we’re up top 15.2 now.
2022-1-5
Use props
fans5441b3c5
New
Flight distance : 452083 ft
United States

I ran into this same issue last night. I bought the iPad Mini 6 with the intention of adding it to my workflow with the Phantom 4 Pro. I couldn't get it to work at all.

Does anyone from DJI have a timeline on how soon this can get fixed?
2022-1-14
Use props
EAGLEPOWER
lvl.1

Brazil

Is funny that my phantom 4 pro does not work with ipad mini 6, but the phantom 4 pro v2 it does work fine! Really pain in the ass issue
2022-2-7
Use props
Chaff_Cutter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9163 ft
Australia

Hey DJI and other forum users,

Ive got the same problem.
This is bad form on DJI behalf.
iPad mini 6 works with every other drone that uses Go4 EXCEPT P4 and pro.
This needs to be fixed asap.
There are lots of dollars here that people have invested into drones and tablets.
If it doesnt get fixed soon I think I'll change drones, NOT tablets.
Pull your finger out, DJI!
Not happy.

Scotty
2022-2-14
Use props
djiuser_dbz3UixWnXjw
New

United States

EAGLEPOWER Posted at 2-7 08:47
Is funny that my phantom 4 pro does not work with ipad mini 6, but the phantom 4 pro v2 it does work fine! Really pain in the ass issue

So no issues with the P4PV2?
2022-4-28
Use props
djiuser_Nnnk11S2fYbV
New

France

djiuser_dbz3UixWnXjw Posted at 4-28 09:47

Hello,
I baught an IPAD Mini 6 yesterday and it doesn't run with DJI GO4 (not connected).

I read all your conversations since 3 months and I see that you have had the same problem that me.

Now, have you find a solution for this issue ?

Thanks for your answer.
Tony
2022-5-4
Use props
djiuser_tspvdApNpZKq
New

United States

I'm having the same issue with my Air2S. I can't connect my Ipad mini 6 to the remote consistently. Works only when it want to....Weird and VERY ANNOYING! DJI, please get it together and make your products usable with the latest technology. I know you can do it because you are awesome! These things are magical marvels of technology, and you guys built them. Altering software to ensure connectivity of a mobile device could be fixed incredibly quickly! Looking forward to that day coming soon!
2022-5-5
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

ToddWaddington Posted at 2021-12-14 10:25
The Phantom 4 Pro remote does NOT have a microSD card .  The instructions for firmware update show that.  But either way, I updated the Phantom with DJI Phantom app on my computer.  It connects to my iPhone 13 Pro Max but DOES NOT connect to the iPad 6 mini.

Thanks for this good info.
2022-5-12
Use props
djiuser_p38cGks4wKl9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 139879 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-11-15 20:27
Hello there jambopablo48. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPad Mini 6 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Phantom 4 Pro and on the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI drone and on the said DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4  application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPad Mini 6 will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and for the said DJI Drone we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on your DJI drone. For reference I will post a DJI link  where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/phantom-4-pro ) . Thank you.

When will the ipad mini 6 work with dji go 4?
2022-6-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_p38cGks4wKl9 Posted at 6-5 11:37
When will the ipad mini 6 work with dji go 4?

Hi there. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. Kindly please rest assure that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application in the future. Thank you.
2022-6-7
Use props
EAGLEPOWER
lvl.1

Brazil

djiuser_dbz3UixWnXjw Posted at 4-28 09:47

yes with v2.0 works fine
2022-7-13
Use props
djiuser_L87JMe0UYFMW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2312756 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you've got a Phantom 4 Pro v1 and an iPad Mini 6 that won't work together, I've found a USB A to USB C adapter and charging cord combo that will make it work. I've tried dozens of combos, and this finally worked! Links below.

Syntech USB C Female to USB Male Adapter Type C to USB A Converter Compatible with iPhone 13 12 Pro Max iPad Air 6 Apple Watch Series 7 AirPods 3 Samsung Galaxy etc Silver https://a.co/d/174caKg

Super Fast Charger Type C, 25W USB-C Fast Charging Block with 10FT Android Phone Charger Cable for Samsung Galaxy S22/S22 Ultra/S22+/S21/S21 Ultra/S21+/S21 FE/Note 20 S20 Ultra/Note 10 Plus/Z Fold 3 https://a.co/d/gBoeaDR
2022-8-30
Use props
Bartłomiej
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6562 ft

Poland

Hello.

I have the same problem. Remote Controller do not connect with iPad Mini 6 with USB-C.

iPad Mini 6 with iOS 16.4.1
Remote Controller GL300C ver. B - latest firmware
DJI Phantom Advanced - latest firmware

Remote Controller work with microUSB only when I restart mobile phone - Android 6.1
Remote Controller work with lightening only when I restart mobile phone - iOS 16.1.1

I do everything. Re-instal app, use adapter, use different cable, charge remote and connect with iPad, restart iPad when cable was connected.

What should I do NOW?

I need immediately iPad mini 6 with RC

If the problem is not resolved within 3 days please give me RC that will work with iPad Mini 6.

Regards,

Bartłomiej
2023-4-17
Use props
Shawgod
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

djiuser_L87JMe0UYFMW Posted at 2022-8-30 15:29
If you've got a Phantom 4 Pro v1 and an iPad Mini 6 that won't work together, I've found a USB A to USB C adapter and charging cord combo that will make it work. I've tried dozens of combos, and this finally worked! Links below.

Syntech USB C Female to USB Male Adapter Type C to USB A Converter Compatible with iPhone 13 12 Pro Max iPad Air 6 Apple Watch Series 7 AirPods 3 Samsung Galaxy etc Silver https://a.co/d/174caKg

The problem I have with buying this product or products, is I have been promised it will work to find out that it doesn't and I am left with more cables and adapters that are worthless to me. I have tried that exact adapter with a combination of different cables that people said would work.  The problem with the cable you said would work is that it is a charging cable, I don't see where it is listed as a data cable. I just want DJI to get their act together and get this fixed.  With the iPhone 15 coming out soon it is rumored to have a USB C port not a lightning port I will not be able to use my Phantom 4 Pro at all if I upgrade to that phone.  In essence I will have a drone that I will not be able to fly at all.  I will have to purchase an older phone or older iPad to get this to work.  I have a perfectly working iPad mini 6 that should work that doesn't and DJI doesn't care to get it working.
2023-4-18
Use props
Bartłomiej
lvl.2

Poland

The truth is simple.

DJI Phantom 4 series is dead and they don't see the need for firmware update and usb-c compatibility.

If you want to use the Phantom 4 series, only use what else works with the controller.

USB-C? - Forget user.

Micro-USB or Lightening? - Remember user.
2023-4-19
Use props
Shawgod
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-11-15 20:27

DJI Stephen, I am finding that the P4P does not work with any combination of cables and adapters.  I also have tried multiple iPads that use the USB C ports and they don't work.  You may want to get this working as the new iPhone is rumored to be using the USB C and a lot of people may run into this problem in the future.  Because the only saving grace for me right now is that I have a iPhone 14 Pro Max that uses the Lightning cable which works.  The two iPads that I have tried is iPad mini 6 and the iPad 12.9" Pro 5th Generation.
2023-4-20
Use props
Bartłomiej
lvl.2

Poland

DJI has been trying to fix the USB-C issue since 11.2021 r.
The iPad mini 6 was presented on 9.2021 r.
The last Phantom 4 Pro V1 / Advanced firmware update is from 2020 r.
Now we have 2023 r.
For me, this is DJI's clear answer to user needs.
2023-4-20
Use props
DJI-Fan-007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56873 ft
United States

Let’s go DJI!! We spend too much money on this crap to not have it supported.
2023-5-4
Use props
Kiwis
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_Nnnk11S2fYbV Posted at 2022-5-4 08:07
Hello,
I baught an IPAD Mini 6 yesterday and it doesn't run with DJI GO4 (not connected).

I have an I pad mini 6 also and no way will it connect .My I phone 13 pro max no problem .
2023-8-2
Use props
Shawgod
lvl.4
United States

I have conceded that DJI has no intentions on getting this to work.  They figure this is a dead drone and they don't want to put any more Research and Development into it or provide technical support for it.  When I ask DJI to get on this they say they are going to get this back to their technicians pr relative team, or something like that. But they don't or do and it gets ignored.  Why would they?  It's not like we could return the Drone at this point.  They got it to work with the lightning port which was out at this time, they could care less about the USB C port on the Apple devices.  Having so many people tell me that they got this to work if you buy this adapter and cable combination has proven to be expensive and doesn't work.  When I ask for proof that these fixes work I can't get proof.  Apparently the only thing that does work in tablets with Apple products in tablets is anything with a lightning cable port on it.  So as a caution to all of you I have tried about 5-6 different combinations of adapters and wires, they didn't work.  I just spent a lot of money on these.  Buy yourself a used iPad with a lightning port, not a USB C port on it.  It will never work, as DJI will never put any R & D on it.  Well I am going to end up Buy-in a iPad mini 5 for my requirements.  Yes I can buy the 10" iPad on the market, but it is a little large for me.  I wish you all luck.
2023-8-9
Use props
NECyclone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12621 ft
United States

djiuser_L87JMe0UYFMW Posted at 2022-8-30 15:29

This combo did not work on my Phantom 4 pro V1.   Everything was up to date too.
2023-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules