DJI Fly App crashing
10670 13 2021-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HPGarcia70
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18980 ft
United States

The DJI Fly app crashes all the time when I click on it. My phone is a Pixel 4xl with Android 12 on it. Is there a workaround or update to fix this issue? I use the drone for work for construction photos but as of now. I can't fly my drone because of this issue.
2021-11-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there HPGarcia70. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? After checking the said mobile device ( Pixel 4xl with Android 12 ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Pixel 4xl with Android 12 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.
2021-11-15
Use props
jkabaseball
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26424 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-15 20:40
Hello there HPGarcia70. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? After checking the said mobile device ( Pixel 4xl with Android 12 ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Pixel 4xl with Android 12 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

The Pixel 4 XL is the same phone as the 4, but with a bigger screen.  The 4 is supported.  What causes the app not to work with a bigger screen?

I have a Galaxy S21 that doesn't work either, though it's on the official supported devices. You guys need to start a buy back program if you aren't even going to support officially supported devices.
2021-11-16
Use props
jkabaseball
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26424 ft
United States

I had same issue.  I downloaded the official apk from DJI and I was able to open it up.  I still can't fly it as there is no video.
2021-11-16
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 511722 ft

United Kingdom

jkabaseball Posted at 11-16 05:13
I had same issue.  I downloaded the official apk from DJI and I was able to open it up.  I still can't fly it as there is no video.

Looks like it could be more to do with Android 12. Have the app on S10 ultra with Android 11 and this works. Also worked on my S21 before update to Android 12…
2021-11-16
Use props
Stephi2boobies
New
Flight distance : 197559 ft
United States

I have an iPhone 11 pro max & my DJI APP crashes everytime I tap the editor tab. Crash! No go every freakin time! Argh
2021-11-17
Use props
mbruns
New
United States

I am on Android 12 and tried clearing cache, re-installing the app and nothing.

What did work was going to https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic-mini on my Android 12 phone downloading the .apk by clicking the "Download for Android" button and installing it manually.  

Unfortunately looks like the Play store took the app off altogether according to https://dronedj.com/2021/01/27/latest-dji-fly-android-app-only-available-from-djis-website-not-the-play-store/

2022-2-13
Use props
djiuser_RZXVCeNnZghL
New

Australia

jkabaseball Posted at 2021-11-16 05:12
The Pixel 4 XL is the same phone as the 4, but with a bigger screen.  The 4 is supported.  What causes the app not to work with a bigger screen?

I have a Galaxy S21 that doesn't work either, though it's on the official supported devices. You guys need to start a buy back program if you aren't even going to support officially supported devices.

Yes exactly. Just bought a mini 2 and i have a samsung S20.
Fly app crashes on first tutorial page.
If i had know this, i wouldn't of bothered at all.
All i have now is a 1000 dollar paperweight
2022-2-25
Use props
djiuser_IJhhSLPUNVDg
New

United States

Stephi2boobies Posted at 2021-11-17 11:36
I have an iPhone 11 pro max & my DJI APP crashes everytime I tap the editor tab. Crash! No go every freakin time! Argh

I just got air 2s and the app crashed twice while in flight.  I managed to land it since the RC hadn’t lost connection.  Have you found a fix for the crash using iPhone 11 Pro Max?
2022-4-26
Use props
djiuser_qrCAH9Dx64wf
New
United States

My pixel 6 crashes when opening app. Used it twice no problem. Got gig next weekend. Help!!!! Uninstalled it twice. No luck!
2022-8-7
Use props
djiuser_kvX6SSuytchC
lvl.1

Canada

djiuser_qrCAH9Dx64wf Posted at 8-7 16:12
My pixel 6 crashes when opening app. Used it twice no problem. Got gig next weekend. Help!!!! Uninstalled it twice. No luck!

I am having the same problem with my Pixel 6 Pro. Just started today.
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_92LopxlgDKKx
New

Austria

Same with OnePlus NORD. It started today..one week ago was totally fine
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_2aW4ARc42Q9e
New

United States

djiuser_kvX6SSuytchC Posted at 8-8 06:23
I am having the same problem with my Pixel 6 Pro. Just started today.

My new mini 3 arrived today and I can't get the fly app to launch on my pixel 6 pro, Android 12. This is a disgrace! Waited three months for a glorified paperweight.
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_QC0aJOAuNjw3
New
Flight distance : 35735 ft
United States

Same just started today with my OnePlus 8 running the latest update to its Oxygen OS 12.  Downloaded the currently available apk from the DJI site, uninstalled app, shutdown phone, started phone 60 secs later, installed the downloaded apk, exactly the same crashing.  Plugging and unplugging USB connection to controller has no affect.  Enabling and disabling every combination of WiFi, mobile data, VPN, custom DNS makes no difference. After starting the app a third time (and app stopping again), a pop-up notes that the Fly app "failed to start" several times and prompts to clear something.  Selecting OK removed permissions I previously granted and cleared the cache.  Repeating all of the above produces the same result.  I can find no related info on any DJI online resource (support pages, etc.)
2022-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules