Tell us truth! Is there a new firmware being made?
123Next >
9615 103 2021-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alien433
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23054 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-25 01:41
Hi there, I have sent you a PM. Please check it.

Hi nathalie i do not see the pm on my phone
2021-11-25
Use props
Yayoastur
lvl.4
Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-25 01:40
Hi Yayoastur, I have sent you a PM. Please check it.

thanks.
i have tested a bit the beta firmware and I noticed that the tracking is improved.
2021-11-26
Use props
Dia1Up
New
Canada

Just posted a new topic regarding shutter speed/frame rate. Not sure if it's approved yet

But basically in automatic exposure in pro mode, you can only set max iso. There is no shutter priority. Meaning it's nearly impossible to follow the 180 degree mode unless you go full manual

It seems the auto exposure mode sets the shutter speed for 30fps automatically, regardless what frame rate you are actually recoding in. Even changing ISO to achieve that 1/60th (if it can). So 24 fps, or 60 fps, chances are, its aiming at 1/60th.

I'd like to see a simple few lines of code. Just a check to look at frame rate setting, and adjusting the automatic shutter speed target accordingly. Or even better, a shutter speed priority.

I mean just think of a video beginner, setting FPS to the "cinematic" 24fps, only to have the wrong shutter speed, and getting choppy footage.
2021-11-27
Use props
djiuser_Hsc6o1JVmyoM
lvl.1
Norway

any chance of getting the beta firmware ?
2021-11-27
Use props
Skaven252
lvl.2
Sweden

If there's one feature I'd like to see in a firmware update, is to lift the 1080p limit on the Time Lapse so that you could do it in 4K. I understand the limit is there to save the battery (because the camera needs to run for several hours), but you could show a warning that if you want to shoot a 4K 5-hour time lapse, the battery won't last and you need to plug in a power pack.
2021-11-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Alien433 Posted at 11-25 09:13
Hi nathalie i do not see the pm on my phone

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. Please check the PM (Personal Message function) via computer. Thanks.
2021-11-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Yayoastur Posted at 11-26 03:58
thanks.
i have tested a bit the beta firmware and I noticed that the tracking is improved.

You're most welcome.
2021-11-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_Hsc6o1JVmyoM Posted at 11-27 17:02
any chance of getting the beta firmware ?

I have sent you a PM, please check it.
2021-11-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

TommyBento Posted at 11-25 02:41
Plz pm me with the beta firmware.

Hi there, I have sent you a PM, please check it.
2021-11-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-ytao Posted at 11-18 18:22
Hi alexmbraMav.
I saw your comments on the other thread.
1.flicker thing

Hi,

I have a slightly related question about Pocket 2.
Would it be possible to get a 'good digital' zoom (cropping the part of the sensor that is used) in slow motion mode too?
I'm not sure how it is processed internally, but the 1080p resolution would allow for a 'good' digital zoom that won't reduce the image quality too much.
2021-11-29
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

I just tested a lit more. DJI manage to make the tracking worse than before. It is too slow now, so it does not keep with the tracking person. And it does not get the person back after loosing them.
You guys can see here on this video, how P2 it is too slow now with the tracking and it looses my wife and then, it does not start to track her back.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... qC/view?usp=sharing
2021-11-29
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

alexmbraMav Posted at 11-29 10:30
I just tested a lit more. DJI manage to make the tracking worse than before. It is too slow now, so it does not keep with the tracking person. And it does not get the person back after loosing them.
You guys can see here on this video, how P2 it is too slow now with the tracking and it looses my wife and then, it does not start to track her back.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cgIw6o3GY4vUWwrSFKoIPgFhd-bja6qC/view?usp=sharing

Whoa. I'll have to say that indeed seems bad.

What other (if any) changes have they made with the new firmware? And have they made it better or worse, generally speaking?
2021-11-29
Use props
element33
lvl.2
Russia

You guys can see here on this video, how P2 it is too slow now with the tracking and it looses my wife and then, it does not start to track her back.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cgIw6o3GY4vUWwrSFKoIPgFhd-bja6qC/view?usp=sharing

Since DJI P2 is less sport oriented camera may be it's ok that tracking moving that slow. I personally like more cinematic slow movement. Probably need some outdoor tests.
2021-11-29
Use props
element33
lvl.2
Russia

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-28 01:07

I'll be grateful if you PM me the firmware. I am going to do some footage at the end of the week.

Agree with HGDC84! Information about what has changed will help a lot in testing.
2021-11-29
Use props
BEN_M16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5459859 ft
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-28 01:07

Hi Natalia,

Can you send me the beta firmware? I have the pocket 2 combo, and have a lot of problems with active track.

Thanks
2021-11-29
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Portugal

element33 Posted at 11-29 11:22
Since DJI P2 is less sport oriented camera may be it's ok that tracking moving that slow. I personally like more cinematic slow movement. Probably need some outdoor tests.

Did you watch the video that I posted? Slow is one thing, but too slow that is not even able to follow a person that takes only two steps to the side is a completely different thing.
2021-11-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

element33 Posted at 11-29 11:27
I'll be grateful if you PM me the firmware. I am going to do some footage at the end of the week.

Agree with HGDC84! Information about what has changed will help a lot in testing.

2021-11-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

BEN_M16 Posted at 11-29 11:33
Hi Natalia,

Can you send me the beta firmware? I have the pocket 2 combo, and have a lot of problems with active track.

2021-11-29
Use props
Yayoastur
lvl.4
Spain

Here you can view  my video. In my opinion , the tracking is too fast. I´D like a bit slower.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... gn/view?usp=sharing
2021-11-30
Use props
element33
lvl.2
Russia

alexmbraMav Posted at 11-29 13:06
Did you watch the video that I posted? Slow is one thing, but too slow that is not even able to follow a person that takes only two steps to the side is a completely different thing.

Yes I did. I did some tests with the new firmware and got different results. Tracking in my case works the same as before. Some tests need to be done outside.

It's sad that in the new version DJI did not add the real 4k60. [link]
2021-11-30
Use props
element33
lvl.2
Russia

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-29 22:37

Natalia, thank you for the provided firmware.

Do you have two-way communication with software developers?
Obviously, there are hardware limitations to provide high-quality 4k 48/50/60 fps video from a full sensor.
Since IMX686 is a 16Mp sensor, the raw data stream from full FOV is more than standart 4k resolution.
SOC in P2 can not handle that stream.
But its possible to add an option of a little crop in order to achieve 4k raw stream from the sensor.
This can be solved simply by adding a FOV option in the settings menu.
2021-11-30
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Portugal

element33 Posted at 11-30 04:25
Yes I did. I did some tests with the new firmware and got different results. Tracking in my case works the same as before. Some tests need to be done outside.

It's sad that in the new version DJI did not add the real 4k60. [link]

On my first day of testing, I was also having another results. But on my second day testing, the tracking became unusable, very slow, not being able to track anyone as you can on my video.
2021-11-30
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Portugal

Just made a few more tests with the tracking new firmware. Well, using P2 to record with face tracking at 4k 50fps, connected to a phone using MIMO app, becomes a lot more slow than using just the P2 alone.
2021-11-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

element33 Posted at 11-30 04:56
Natalia, thank you for the provided firmware.

Do you have two-way communication with software developers?

Thanks for your feedback. I'll note down your voice and forward it to our corresponding team.
2021-12-1
Use props
Dylunio2021
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-28 01:06
I have sent you a PM, please check it.

Hi DJI Natalia can you please send me the beta firmware also, it would be appreciated, thanks
2021-12-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dylunio2021 Posted at 12-5 00:03
Hi DJI Natalia can you please send me the beta firmware also, it would be appreciated, thanks

Hi there, I have replied to your PM, please check it. Thanks.
2021-12-5
Use props
Nathan.L
lvl.2

United States

Should at least give us 100Mb/s bitrate. How hard is that?
2021-12-5
Use props
Nathan.L
lvl.2

United States

DJI-ytao Posted at 11-18 18:22
Hi alexmbraMav.
I saw your comments on the other thread.
1.flicker thing

Hi there, could you also lift the video bitrate under 4k24p/25p/30p? Current low 80Mbps bitrate leads to quite a lot of artifacts when shooting in motion.
Thanks!
2021-12-5
Use props
Alien433
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23054 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes following is already better now
2021-12-7
Use props
djiuser_HisL5g1OBgHp
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-1 00:12
Thanks for your feedback. I'll note down your voice and forward it to our corresponding team.

Can i also get a link to the firmware please.
2021-12-7
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Portugal

Alien433 Posted at 12-7 08:56
Yes following is already better now

No, it is not.  Take a better look here:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... oIPgFhd-bja6qC/view
The first time I tried, it looked better. But after some more tests, well, you can see on that video.
2021-12-8
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I wonder what causes so fluctuating results. Is it about the background, the lighting, the movement speed? It is to be somewhat expected that it stresses the processor more when using higher resolutions, thus making problems more likely, but there probably is something else too?
2021-12-8
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Switzerland

alexmbraMav Posted at 12-8 08:46
No, it is not.  Take a better look here:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... oIPgFhd-bja6qC/view
The first time I tried, it looked better. But after some more tests, well, you can see on that video.

The result of this test is really bad, I can't believe it!
The subject was well lit and at a reasonable distance, not too close and not too far. In this condition I expect the tracking to work well!
There is definitively something wrong here...
Do you have the chance to test the very same conditions with Osmo Pocket 1?

2021-12-9
Use props
djiuser_Kb0EM5Qg1TK0
lvl.4
Russia

Hello. Can I get a new beta firmware?
2021-12-9
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Portugal

Mgozer Posted at 12-9 00:45
The result of this test is really bad, I can't believe it!
The subject was well lit and at a reasonable distance, not too close and not too far. In this condition I expect the tracking to work well!
There is definitively something wrong here...

Yes. Osmo Pocket 1 tracking always worked right. It had its own problems, but tracking wasn't one of them.
2021-12-10
Use props
TommyBento
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-25 01:40
Hi Yayoastur, I have sent you a PM. Please check it.

also, can we get confirmation the OP2 firmware update will include the option to shoot  4k, 60p -D-Clike - with the Do-It-All-Handle connected.

The Camera  Is able to do this with 48fps so it should be able to do the same with 60P
2021-12-11
Use props
djiuser_y7kCrOablHwt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36926 ft
Russia

Please send me the firmware for testing in private messages
2021-12-11
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Are there other changes in the beta firmware besides the changes to the tracking AI?
2021-12-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_HisL5g1OBgHp Posted at 12-7 09:08
Can i also get a link to the firmware please.

Hi there, I have sent you a PM. Please check it, thanks.
2021-12-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_Kb0EM5Qg1TK0 Posted at 12-9 03:29
Hello. Can I get a new beta firmware?

2021-12-14
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules