United States

2021-11-15
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Mike. I feel the same way..except I already bought my M3 in a moment of weakness! I am hoping the January update will add the promised modes. My m2p was scheduled for sale until I decided otherwise, maybe I wait a while. I had no problem buying good used M2 batteries on eBay lately. Maybe they wont ship to Alaska, I am in Fla.

I hear you about changing apps. I had the similar experience when switching from Fly to Go4 when I bought my used M2p.

I had an almost crash when the M3, during the newer advanced RTH, came very close to a tall antenna (65 ft) because I don't think it could "see" it. That looks like a problem created by DJI "fixing something not broken"

Hope this works better for you...in January ;-)
2021-11-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there alaska42. Good day and thank you for posting your DJI Mavic 3 Unboxing and your first flight video with us. Nicely done and thank you for your support. .
2021-11-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lots of things to adapt to (and hopefully some will be addressed)
2021-11-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hopefully the big update in January will resolve these issues.
2021-11-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very informative video Mike.  I'm holding off until January to see if all the missing features are added in an update to the firmware.  I don't trust an IOU from DJI.  Besides, I can keep on flying the M2P in the meantime.
2021-11-16
Use props
alaska42
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3668114 ft
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 11-15 20:39
Thanks Mike. I feel the same way..except I already bought my M3 in a moment of weakness! I am hoping the January update will add the promised modes. My m2p was scheduled for sale until I decided otherwise, maybe I wait a while. I had no problem buying good used M2 batteries on eBay lately. Maybe they wont ship to Alaska, I am in Fla.

I hear you about changing apps. I had the similar experience when switching from Fly to Go4 when I bought my used M2p.

Hoping to gain more experience when it warms up a little here. Below zero F this week.
2021-11-16
Use props
alaska42
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-15 21:03
Hello there alaska42. Good day and thank you for posting your DJI Mavic 3 Unboxing and your first flight video with us. Nicely done and thank you for your support.  .

I am thinking you did not watch this. I have had some bad experiences with DJI and its batteries.
2021-11-16
Use props
alaska42
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-16 00:13
Lots of things to adapt to (and hopefully some will be addressed)

I hope they address them soon
2021-11-16
Use props
alaska42
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-16 00:49
Hopefully the big update in January will resolve these issues.

Unfortunately, I am going to miss a lot of opportunities waiting that long. Some great freezing fog lately that would make a great hyperlapse.
2021-11-16
Use props
alaska42
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-16 04:04
Very informative video Mike.  I'm holding off until January to see if all the missing features are added in an update to the firmware.  I don't trust an IOU from DJI.  Besides, I can keep on flying the M2P in the meantime.

Probably a good plan. Already missing opportunities for hyper-lapses with some freezing fog this week. I was able to sell my MP2 to a film crew that already had plenty of batteries.
2021-11-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think you need to go through the app, it really is a sound app once you get used to it. I remember first year using go app it took me many months of discovering what was in the app and how it worked. And as a newbie asked many questions. Same when switching over from go4 to fly change didn’t come so easy. But now I feel fly is a really good fast app with an incredibly clean screen everything can be accessed from front screen and many hidden useful safety features by just clicking on any icons on front screen. Give it time you won’t be sorry.
2021-11-16
Use props
alaska42
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-16 07:18
I think you need to go through the app, it really is a sound app once you get used to it. I remember first year using go app it took me many months of discovering what was in the app and how it worked. And as a newbie asked many questions. Same when switching over from go4 to fly change didn’t come so easy. But now I feel fly is a really good fast app with an incredibly clean screen everything can be accessed from front screen and many hidden useful safety features by just clicking on any icons on front screen. Give it time you won’t be sorry.

I am sure you are correct. I am definitely going to get some hours in this month. Thanks for the advice!
2021-11-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

alaska42 Posted at 11-16 07:08
Unfortunately, I am going to miss a lot of opportunities waiting that long. Some great freezing fog lately that would make a great hyperlapse.

Thats why Im keeping the M2P for now.
2021-11-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

alaska42 Posted at 11-16 07:06
I hope they address them soon

Yes, although I think you can make great footage with it already.
Just have to adjust to their new workflow.
(I know some things are annoying, but you get used to it in no time)
2021-11-16
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you very much Mike!
Good review!
2021-11-16
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

alaska42 Posted at 11-16 07:06
I am thinking you did not watch this. I have had some bad experiences with DJI and its batteries.

Mike, the mods almost never post honest replies, mostly canned ones. Get used to that but I love them anyway ;-)
2021-11-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

alaska42 Posted at 11-16 07:10
Probably a good plan. Already missing opportunities for hyper-lapses with some freezing fog this week. I was able to sell my MP2 to a film crew that already had plenty of batteries.

I thought it was a good plan and prudent to wait and see how things change in January.  I'm in good shape on batteries for MP2 so I'm set for quite a while.
2021-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules