Whorl patterns in the picture
314 7 2021-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jovanthan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45364 ft
Taiwan

Just got my m3 today, the bird’s amazing but got a problem with the stock ND4 filter, it brings whorl patterns to every picture shot with the ND4, any comments on this?
DF4A1955-DD1B-4B40-9C1C-AB597E8C3E63.png
2021-11-16
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

Wow, it's odd that you'd get Newton's rings with these optics. I wouldn't have thought the filter and the front element were close enough to provoke it. Do you see the same with any of the other ND filters?

To maybe help explain what you're seeing, try this Beware Newton's Rings
ETA: the lighting probably has very strong peaks in it's spectral make up, perhaps due to the bulb type in use. Out doors in daylight, you may avoid it completely.
2021-11-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

check your lighting,,,,,
2021-11-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jovanthan. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. Kindly please try capturing some photos with different lighting environment to see if the issue will persist. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2021-11-16
Use props
Jovanthan
lvl.4
Taiwan

Thanks to you all!

I brought it outdoors today and those rings are gone under daylights!

I’d still like to mention that my ND4 is the only filter which causes the problem indoors out of the 4, since I’m not gonna shooting indoors so I think it won’t troubles me so much. Thanks again for all your kindness and concerns about this!
2021-11-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Jovanthan Posted at 11-16 22:00
Thanks to you all!

I think you will be flying indoor without one indeed, but strange it is.
2021-11-17
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

Jovanthan Posted at 11-16 22:00
Thanks to you all!

No Worries Jovanthan. Glad to hear you are happy. As Montfrooij implies, when you could get the effect, you won't need the filter and when you need the filter, the spectrum of the light is so smooth that you don't see the effect.

It's just an interesting effect you saw, reliant upon the spacing of the filter from the front element of the lens and the very sharp spectral response of your lighting.

Next up, we want to see some great footage of Taiwan!
2021-11-17
Use props
Jovanthan
lvl.4
Taiwan

Nicodema Posted at 11-17 00:50
No Worries Jovanthan. Glad to hear you are happy. As Montfrooij implies, when you could get the effect, you won't need the filter and when you need the filter, the spectrum of the light is so smooth that you don't see the effect.

It's just an interesting effect you saw, reliant upon the spacing of the filter from the front element of the lens and the very sharp spectral response of your lighting.

FEF7FC0E-A3DD-4D30-A94E-EBDFF6A3FC88.jpeg
2021-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules