DJI officially confirms - no plans for waypoints and dual control...
1608 23 2021-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

DJI has officially confirmed to youtuber "DC Rainmaker" that contrary to several missing features that are planned to be added via firmware update in January - there are no plans to add Waypoints to M3, and there are no plans to allow dual control on M3.
Strange that features that were present in previous versions are deleted for good.

Then again, after the smart controller debacle, why should we be surprised...
2021-11-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

They’re waypoints were really disappointing and cumbersome, guess we just have to wait to see if they release SDK that might allow third parties who know how to implement waypoints soon or sometime. Pity about dual controller since I now have two .
2021-11-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I bet most of the missing features that they haven't already commented on coming in January are not coming.
2021-11-16
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Lets just hope they sort out the SDK as I need to use it with Litchi and Drone Deploy
2021-11-16
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Skyris Posted at 11-16 13:39
Lets just hope they sort out the SDK as I need to use it with Litchi and Drone Deploy

but that could take a year or two right?

something is strange, the autel v2 smart controller is missing dual controller functionality as well.  what's going on here?
2021-11-16
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Maybe there will be Waypoints but not January. Maybe February or March
2021-11-16
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

Niknik Posted at 11-16 16:35
Maybe there will be Waypoints but not January. Maybe February or March

If they were planning that, they would have said that.
2021-11-16
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

WOW that's surprising. They even swear that will be releasing full autonomous capability like the M2P. No virtual sticks.
We should return the M3 until they do the promises.
2021-11-16
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1873806 ft
  • >>>
United States

This gets worse and worse everyday for me. I use waypoints with the various software packages I use for Drone Mapping, 360 panos and Drone scanning of objects.  This is a huge disappointment and a backwards movement for DJI on a semi professional drone. I'm glad I kept my M2 but man the M3 is just turning into a flying tripod with lack of a lot of features.
2021-11-16
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-16 16:25
but that could take a year or two right?

something is strange, the autel v2 smart controller is missing dual controller functionality as well.  what's going on here?

They still haven't released the Air2S SDK
2021-11-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi, sorry for any inconvenience caused. Waypoint and dual controller mode are not available on Mavic 3, we will keep reporting users' requests for these features to our engineers. Hopefullly, it will be available in the future.
2021-11-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Susan Posted at 11-17 01:53
Hi, sorry for any inconvenience caused. Waypoint and dual controller mode are not available on Mavic 3, we will keep reporting users' requests for these features to our engineers. Hopefullly, it will be available in the future.

So thats not an emphatic no then. We waited 5 months for waypoints release for M2
2021-11-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

hallmark007 Posted at 11-17 01:56
So thats not an emphatic no then. We waited 5 months for waypoints release for M2

Currently, we have no plan for dual controller support on Mavic 3. For the Waypoint Mission, we will keep forwarding the feedback to the related teams for their notices. We are not able to promise if it will be available but customers' voice is important to us. Thank you for your understanding.
2021-11-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just two more strikes against buying the M3.  
2021-11-17
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-17 05:45
Just two more strikes against buying the M3.

Exactly,
I am disappointed by the whole thing right now, especially how they released it.
2021-11-17
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

@DJI Susan, this is really discouraging.  I'm not trying to be hostile and I really appreciate the joy that DJI products have brought me.  As others have pointed out, if these features are simply not coming to the drone, then this product leaves a lot on the table.  Obviously the market has decided you are the leader, but decisions like these can change everything.
2021-11-17
Use props
mfpnetgmail.com
lvl.3

Italy

To Dji and DJI Susan, Thanks for your update but please do understand that for many professionals waypoint for mapping or re-executing missions and fine tuning them is an ESSENTIAL feature of a drone like the Mavic 3. If DJI is not going to release at all the availability of a sdk able to perform autonomous waypoint flight, I will have to return my mavic 3 and rely on my mavic 2. It would be just a shame since this is a drone targeted at professionals not at youtubers and this feature is absolutely ESSENTIAL!
thank you for understanding
michele falzone
2021-11-18
Use props
bda4336gmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 209633 ft
United States

You can’t believe everything you read I can bet my life on it they will come out with way points when time goes by which in my opinion should already be in there but you know Dji
2021-11-18
Use props
Harkco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288658 ft
United States

Does dual controller mean the ability to use the RC Pro and the standard controller on the same drone?
2021-11-19
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

Dual controller would mean using both at the same time, one pilot flying, the other controlling image/video capture. It makes more sense on a platform like the Inspire1/2 where the gimbal is more independent of the airframe, especially in panning.
2021-11-19
Use props
Harkco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288658 ft
United States

Nicodema Posted at 11-19 09:46
Dual controller would mean using both at the same time, one pilot flying, the other controlling image/video capture. It makes more sense on a platform like the Inspire1/2 where the gimbal is more independent of the airframe, especially in panning.

Ok.  Thanks for the reply - I really appreciate it. I was thinking about pairing an extra Mavic mini 2 standard controller I have to my Mavic 3 Cine as a backup while traveling.  Does anyone see an issue with that?  I was told by support that they are the same controller.
2021-11-19
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

I cannot help but wonder how something said to/by an independent 3d party can ever be construed as a company's official position? I understand DJI is not known for blasting press releases left and right, but no info is an info. Opinions of some random person on YouTube are what they are: opinions. We all have some, it does not make them true or valid.
2021-11-19
Use props
Jimerb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1522694 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-17 04:11
Currently, we have no plan for dual controller support on Mavic 3. For the Waypoint Mission, we will keep forwarding the feedback to the related teams for their notices. We are not able to promise if it will be available but customers' voice is important to us. Thank you for your understanding.

What about opening the SDK to 3rd parties?  Is that planned?
2021-11-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

jmb63 Posted at 11-17 06:31
Exactly,
I am disappointed by the whole thing right now, especially how they released it.

You, me and lots and lots of others.
2021-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules