Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A Heads Up Is A Good Thing...
274 6 2021-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VengefulHemi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3362310 ft
United States

Just thought I'd pass along a ritual that works quite well. Before I go on a night flight, I contact the Flagler Sheriffs Office to let them know I will be flying in the area(I do only night flights in G space) and tell them that I'm faa certified, drone is registered and marked, and that I'm in full compliance and there are no ordinances in Palm Coast. They always tell me how they appreciate informing them before hand and they let the area deputy's working in the area know in the event they get a call/complaint about the drone or something they see. One deputy stopped by on saturday night when I was flying and we had a great conversation and I asked him if he wanted to fly. He flew for about 10 minutes until he got a call for a street fight then he boogied off. He came back a half hour later to thank me and tell me he's gunna buy one and asked if I would show him the ropes. He said let me know whenever your going to fly again. I guess a heads up first can keep you out of trouble and make friends with a cop at the same time.
2021-11-16
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Great to hear, thanks for sharing!
2021-11-16
Use props
Spaceman_66
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82323 ft
United States

Great story. Thanks for being an advocate and spreading the love for this hobby! Well done!
2021-11-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there VengefulHemi. Good day and thank you for sharing these wonderful information and your amazing expense as well. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2021-11-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to hear!
2021-11-17
Use props
Hrodnand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972293 ft
Romania

Cool story! Thanks for sharing!
2021-11-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great story.  You definitely went above and beyond requirements and it seems to have paid dividends.  
2021-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules