Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
dji fc40 wifi boost
3233 6 2014-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
philml420
lvl.2

United States

Hello, I bought dji phantom fc40 and connected my go pro3 and used my note2 for monitoring it and it only went like 200 feet or so before I started to lose the video, is there any way to boost it? Thank you
2014-11-27
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

You took off the camera that came with the FC40 and put on a GoPro, correct?  So, which app are you actually using?  My guess is you're using the GoPro WiFi app which doesn't claim to have a really great range.  Since neither the GoPro or the Note2 have any option for installing an external antenna the short answer to your original question about boosting the signal  would be no.
You're going to need to invest in some more equipment for greater range (meaning spending more money)
2014-12-17
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

200 feet is not bad.
AEE claims up to 100 meters with this:
http://www.amazon.com/AEE-Techno ... eless/dp/B00KE6RWME

But it probably depends on a lot of other things- orientation of the quadcopter, etc.
2014-12-17
Use props
Jbrenli.email
New

Norway

Had my first flight with the FC40 yesterday, and I was very suprised at the WiFi range. It says 100 meters, but I had a good and stabile picture on my phone from 1 km! Brand new phone, bought it earlier this week.
2015-1-22
Use props
philml420.email
lvl.2

United States

Thanks all, I wasnt able to reply before, bought my drone with out camera, was used and they forgot to mention it had no camera, I sent it back and bought vision , im loving it, the only thing I miss about fc40 that it seemed to be more stable when hovering, and yes I used gopro app
2015-1-23
Use props
philml420.email
lvl.2

United States

Jbrenli,1km? Im sure fc40 was boosted hard, how did you go 1km?
2015-1-24
Use props
kazdul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jbrenli.email Posted at 2015-1-22 16:30
Had my first flight with the FC40 yesterday, and I was very suprised at the WiFi range. It says 100  ...

What phone is this? I've ditched my FC40 camera for a couple of reasons. Image quality not great and the FPV with my phone drops out after about 20 meters. Also the iOS app is pants!
2015-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules