641 7 2021-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey guys, just chucked the p4p up this morning before I was rudely moved on due to a pheasant hunt, anyhoo, I got a message that went something like, Propulsion reduced to save battery... Any thoughts please? Is that battery on its way out?
2021-11-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You can get that with a healthy battery that's just run down.
Data would be helpful to understand what the message was about.
2021-11-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I hadnt used the batteries for a good while, so they probably need draining and recharging, what data are you needing, logfile?
2021-11-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OK, it looks like there some cell deviation, not enough power etc...

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/WH3ISBB4RTX8R0VUCQKM/

In the flight summary below, there's only 1 more row missing, nothing of interest on that as it was the end, battery at 15% and no messages

FYI, this is the original battery, it's always the 1st battery to be flown...

Flight Summary

Flight Summary

Battery

Battery
2021-11-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Bashy Posted at 11-17 08:22
OK, it looks like there some cell deviation, not enough power etc...

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/WH3ISBB4RTX8R0VUCQKM/

It looks like Cell 4 might be wearing out.
When the battery is fully charged, try going into the app settings and select the battery icon to see what shows there.
It will give an indication of what the batter's capacity is (under the label Remaining Power).
Compare that to the capacity printed on the battery.
Later batteries are 5870 mAh, the originals were something less.
That gives an idea of how much life is left in the battery.
2021-11-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

It's a fairly common message.  High demands on the battery can cause down spikes in individual cells which aren't going to be apparent to the pilot during flight.  If a cell hits below 3.3 v, then the drone goes into autoland whether you like it or not.  If a cell hits below 3.0 volts, the battery turns itself off during flight.  Doesn't matter what your battery percentage is.  So the "propulsion reduced..." message is the FW advising you that it's doing you a favor by limiting your high demands of the battery so that it keeps the aircraft from autolanding or crashing.  When I get the message, it'll be either very early in the flight while I'm climbing, or towards the very end of the flight.   I've never had anything bad happen that's associated with the message.  It wouldn't hurt to check your log and make sure your cells are reasonably balanced throughout the flight.
2021-11-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 11-17 13:31
It looks like Cell 4 might be wearing out.
When the battery is fully charged, try going into the app settings and select the battery icon to see what shows there.
It will give an indication of what the batter's capacity is (under the label Remaining Power).

Thanks you, i fully charged the 2 i used yesterday once i got home so i will check what the app says in the morning, wouldnt surprise me if it is failing, like i said its always te 1st battery to get used as its #1 and always in the AC ready, thanks again, will report back later today all being well.
2021-11-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 11-17 13:34
It's a fairly common message.  High demands on the battery can cause down spikes in individual cells which aren't going to be apparent to the pilot during flight.  If a cell hits below 3.3 v, then the drone goes into autoland whether you like it or not.  If a cell hits below 3.0 volts, the battery turns itself off during flight.  Doesn't matter what your battery percentage is.  So the "propulsion reduced..." message is the FW advising you that it's doing you a favor by limiting your high demands of the battery so that it keeps the aircraft from autolanding or crashing.  When I get the message, it'll be either very early in the flight while I'm climbing, or towards the very end of the flight.   I've never had anything bad happen that's associated with the message.  It wouldn't hurt to check your log and make sure your cells are reasonably balanced throughout the flight.

Thanks, Mark, that's a little reassuring, I did post the logfile with a couple of images in post #4
2021-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules