M3 Cine - SSD not mounting on Windows - BUG??
1752 10 2021-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mradeck
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1902753 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I have a big Win10-64bitpro HP Z840 Workstation with USB-C Card and with the same OS, an ASUS laptop which is only 1 year old with thunderbolt/USB-C... both cannot mount the SSD/SD stable, on both the exact same behavior in the device mgr: I can see live the USB-Port is mounting and unmounting every second but never is stable that I can see the SSD on the desktop.
With my half-year-old M1 Mac Mini I can mount the Mavic 3 cine internal SSD and SD-Card stable. So the drone seems to be ok, seems some incompatibility with windows and this new USB-C Port from the m3cine...

any similar experience?
2021-11-17
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

Could this be a similar issue? https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=253478

If so, maybe try a USB 3.0 type A rather than a type C. Just a suggestion. That's only a possible workaround though. I'm guessing there's some type-C oddity that DJI may need to address in firmware.
2021-11-17
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... the "sad thing" is that reading the internal SSD of the Mavic 3 is much slower than using an SD card that is inserted into an SD card reader ...
The large ProRes files in particular take a very, very long time to transfer to the PC ...
I've only ever seen about 30 MB / s while an SD card is read with well over 100 MB / s ...   
2021-11-17
Use props
erikjsschneider
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22513 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm also having issues connecting my Mavic 3 Cine with either the usb-c to usb-c or the usb-c to usb 3.0 cables. This was to the usb 3.0 port and usb-c port in the front of my Windows 10 desktop. Nothing else has had issues plugging into these ports. Just plugged in an Angelbird 1TB AtomX SSD and transferred files from my USB 3.0 port up front. I'll try the back ports but those are incredibly difficult to get to with my setup.
2021-11-17
Use props
mradeck
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Nicodema Posted at 11-17 09:12
Could this be a similar issue? https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=253478

If so, maybe try a USB 3.0 type A rather than a type C. Just a suggestion. That's only a possible workaround though. I'm guessing there's some type-C oddity that DJI may need to address in firmware.

ah i testet only different usb-c to usb-c cable on windows... with usb-c to usb-a it is working  but "only" with around 350 MB/s with the m1 mac mini and the highspeed usb-c cable from dji the copy speed is double around 700MB/s
2021-11-17
Use props
erikjsschneider
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22513 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just an update from my end. I tried both ports in the front of my desktop (running Windows 10, 1x USB-C, 1x USB-A 3.0) and neither worked. I unplugged my SDXC/CFexpress Type-B card reader (connected via my rear USB-C port) and that also did not read the SSD from the Mavic 3 Cine. I finally unplugged my keyboard (which plugs into the computer as USB-A 3.0 and connects via USB-C to the keyboard) and it finally saw my SSD and I was able to transfer over. No idea why the drone is so picky as to the port that it selects but it's incredibly frustrating.
2021-11-17
Use props
JrFTW
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3064934 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issue on windows 11
2021-11-22
Use props
duke_fsc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1045279 ft
France

Same here,

USB connection doesn't work (most cases) or works intermittently. Sometime, the SSD appears and disappears every half second...

Tried on (with many different USB-C and USB-A-2-C cables) :

- MacBook Pro M1 Max
- MacBook Pro Intel
- Intel NUC 11 Enthusiast with Windows 10.

I also had other issues, discussed here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... m&page=1#pid2606354

My Mavic 3 Cine has been statued as DOA by DJI Tech Support.

RMA requested.
2021-11-25
Use props
mradeck
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

duke_fsc Posted at 11-25 06:51
Same here,

USB connection doesn't work (most cases) or works intermittently. Sometime, the SSD appears and disappears every half second...

now third flight session, the ssd won't recognized anymore by any external usb connection, but when i disconnect, i can see the prores videofiles on the smart remote, so the ssd works internal but not external, and there seems to be no way to copy/rescue those files
any hint?
2021-11-30
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep I have exactly the same issue with my M3 Cine and so do many others.
See my thread here:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-254334-1-1.html

It connects to my old windows10 laptop, but it doesn't connect at all to my brand new 3 month old desktop pc. It seems to be worse with USBc to USBc, because when using an old usbc to usba cable it showed up but had abysmal slow transfer speed that make it borderline unusable.
Besides, the driver for the M3 Cine (slabvcp.inf) fails to install on my desktop, but installs fine on my old laptop.

I dont know, prob just poor software design I guess ? It's not like I am having issues with the other 15 odd usb devices I connected to it, including A7s III which uses high speed USBc to transfer data (at 300mb/s).

M3 Cine of course, doesnt work.
I'll give it 2 days then it's a return and refund
2021-11-30
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dji ?? Anyone ?
What an embarrassing product launch
2021-12-1