Charging Station Battery Error for M300 RTK
13887 21 2021-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
COA_M600_PIC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237162 ft
United States

So, after the latest update on my charging stations I have several batteries that keep throwing a battery error. Has anyone else ran into this issue, and if so what have you done to fix it? I have tried placing the batteries with errors into the drone and turning it on. After the drone is on there is no notification about an error so I try to charge again the error comes back. I have let the batteries drop charge out of the charging station and try recharging them and I still get the error. The company I bought the drone from said several people have contacted them about the same issue but they have not given solid information on how to resolve the problem.

Thanks for the help in advance.

2021-11-17
Use props
fans32a25bd4
New

South Africa

I have the exact same error. Changing slots, all terminals clean but at random batteries starts giving errors. Please help
2021-11-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for the issue you encountered. We are concerned about the issue and hope to get more information for an investigation.
Could you please help to export the battery log and the log from the battery station via DJI Assistant 2 so we can check further about it?
The DJI Assistant 2 for M300 RTK: https://www.dji.com/matrice-300/downloads
DJI Assistant 2 for battery station: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... for-battery-station
Thank you very much for your help.
2021-11-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans32a25bd4 Posted at 11-25 23:52
I have the exact same error. Changing slots, all terminals clean but at random batteries starts giving errors. Please help

Hi there, sorry for the issue. Could you please also help to extract the logs as instructed on 3# so we can check more about the error? You can upload the logs to Dropbox/Google Drive and provide me with the link. Thank you very much.
2021-11-28
Use props
COA_M600_PIC
lvl.4
United States

fans32a25bd4 Posted at 11-25 23:52

I think I finally got the error to go away. It took multiple rotations in the drone turning it on and off and clearing any error that was there. It kind of reset the batteries. Almost worked like witch craft. but I haven't had any errors since I did that.
2021-11-29
Use props
djiuser_fY1GSXHsbXE6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 342051 ft
United Kingdom

Yes - I have 2 x  battery stations and the second one has this issue now. The first is still fine. Very strange.
2021-12-11
Use props
Craig_Tas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2998255 ft
Australia

usually any issues when charging that I have had is firmware being outdated on the batteries.
2021-12-14
Use props
COA_M600_PIC
lvl.4
United States

Craig_Tas Posted at 12-14 17:14
usually any issues when charging that I have had is firmware being outdated on the batteries.

Firmware was up to date on both of my charging stations and 16 batteries. there was a corruption in the firmware from a previous update that was fixed during the most recent update. but in the mean time, before the current update came out, I had to insert the batteries in the drone and completely cycle them to 0% charge and reset them. had multiple phone calls with my DJI Dealer and this was their solution.
2021-12-20
Use props
Dunmire83
New
United States

I have a colleague that is encountering the exact issue highlighted by other users above - as it's been a few months, I'm not sure if there is a new resolution that I have missed? Thanks for any help!
2022-2-10
Use props
fans32a25bd4
New

South Africa

hi, issue also randomly disappeared but came back this week. All battires x4 100 charged, when charing them again one battery started giving battery error, and second battery shows fully charged on the battery station yet the heath DJI Pilot apps shows it at 30%. Removed the 2x batteries with issues and bought a new set. charged them together with the 2 working batteries and suddenly one of my working batteries started to give the same battery error. really frustrating and no idea how to fix
2022-3-2
Use props
Craig_Tas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2998255 ft
Australia

COA_M600_PIC Posted at 2021-12-20 06:40
Firmware was up to date on both of my charging stations and 16 batteries. there was a corruption in the firmware from a previous update that was fixed during the most recent update. but in the mean time, before the current update came out, I had to insert the batteries in the drone and completely cycle them to 0% charge and reset them. had multiple phone calls with my DJI Dealer and this was their solution.

Late reply to you, been so busy I just don’t have time to check all the forums I used to visit.

Looks like we have all been having this issue and I am now updating the battery station and batteries to the latest firmware hoping it has been resolved.

I just have random batteries fully charge but then error.

Bloody annoying!
Hope you have resolved your issues.
2022-5-30
Use props
djiuser_vGb9M0v7GPWc
New

United States

Good morning, i have been reading all the complaints about the errors with batteries and the charging station. I was particularly interested in what firmware update was corrupted and how we can see what firmware update we have now ….i finally got my m300 battery charging but its partner is now no longer charging at all (not recognizing it at all)
These batteries are not even 9 mos old…any thoughts and how can i see what latest firmware i have and which one was corrupted

Thanks
Hepner
2022-9-23
Use props
COA_M600_PIC
lvl.4
United States

Craig_Tas Posted at 5-30 14:25
Late reply to you, been so busy I just don’t have time to check all the forums I used to visit.

Looks like we have all been having this issue and I am now updating the battery station and batteries to the latest firmware hoping it has been resolved.

I'm still having the issues after multiple firmware updates. not sure if its an inherent flaw in the tb60s or not. Currently out of 16 batteries that I have only 2 of the are throwing errors. I just do the same thing over and over until they reset.

Cycle battery to 0% charge ( Helps if you set them in the drone with a known good battery).  
Once battery has cycled to 0% check firmware then try charging again. sometime it works with the reset and sometimes it does not. just a practice of futility at this point.  
2022-9-23
Use props
COA_M600_PIC
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_vGb9M0v7GPWc Posted at 9-23 06:58
Good morning, i have been reading all the complaints about the errors with batteries and the charging station. I was particularly interested in what firmware update was corrupted and how we can see what firmware update we have now ….i finally got my m300 battery charging but its partner is now no longer charging at all (not recognizing it at all)
These batteries are not even 9 mos old…any thoughts and how can i see what latest firmware i have and which one was corrupted

Unfortunately I don't recall which firmware I had that started the issue. To check which firmware you are on simple connect your controller to the battery charging station and go to the HMS tab on the controller. The firmware I'm currently at on my batteries is 01.02.05.44.

Another test you could do is one that was recommended to me. insert both batteries ( one bad and one good) into the drone and power it up then go to the HMS tab to check battery health. its possible like with other types of batteries that there could be a dead cell in the battery. Hopefully with cycling the batteries through your drone will "wake" the battery up and allow you to charge it, I've had to do this many time with multiple of my batteries.

Hope this helps.

COA
2022-9-23
Use props
djiuser_BTW242gjDNO5
New

Norway

Have a brand new Matrice 300 RTK just in.

Activated chargingstation and set about to charge 4 batteries + controller battery for the first time. Firmware at latest according to controller.

Two of the Matrice batteries throw red error LEDs with 3 loud beeps.
These batteries does not have any charge on them according to the LEDs on the batteries themselfes.
2023-3-1
Use props
COA_M600_PIC
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_BTW242gjDNO5 Posted at 3-1 04:49
Have a brand new Matrice 300 RTK just in.

Activated chargingstation and set about to charge 4 batteries + controller battery for the first time. Firmware at latest according to controller.

You need to cycle the ERROR battery in the drone with a good battery to RESET the ERROR. I know it sounds like witch craft but this is was told to me by my DJI tech guys and dealers.

Put one bad battery in with one good battery. turn everything on check for updates. refresh firmware if able. (this process may take a few time to stick.) If you have enough charge leave the drone on for a few minutes and run the battery down. then try charging again. if error occurs again rinse and repeat. its a prosses of futility.
2023-3-1
Use props
Manraj Govind
New

Mauritius

Hi,one of my battery previously showing error when charging, after some matching with other batteries.,it was good..then suddenly error appeared again and now nothing not even the error...when put in drone...it showing N/A and no indication light appeared on the test batteries
2023-6-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Manraj Govind Posted at 6-19 23:16
Hi,one of my battery previously showing error when charging, after some matching with other batteries.,it was good..then suddenly error appeared again and now nothing not even the error...when put in drone...it showing N/A and no indication light appeared on the test batteries

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please confirm what specific DJI product are you currently using? Are you currently using a Professional product or a Consumer drone? Please confirm. Thank you.
2023-6-28
Use props
djiuser_jkUTyeKiFCGw
New

Sweden

The error occurs when you do "hot Swap" to fast. The battery needs to handshake with the AC .
2023-11-6
Use props
djiuser_zm2hq1P2FsJI
lvl.1

United Kingdom

How do you drain faulty battery to 0, as when the batteries are unbalanced, the rotors won’t fire up. If I just turn the m300 on, it shuts down after a short period
1-4 03:35
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

djiuser_zm2hq1P2FsJI Posted at 1-4 03:35
How do you drain faulty battery to 0, as when the batteries are unbalanced, the rotors won’t fire up. If I just turn the m300 on, it shuts down after a short period

Charge to 100% then discharge bellow 10%. If you can't even charge it, then the battery is good for recycling. Lifetime is approx 2years so TB60s are slowly dying, we just lost 2 pairs.

And those weren't even giving issues in Pilot2...only not safe to fly according to our ops manual.

ps: battery maintenance is described in User Manual.
1-4 04:42
Use props
fansb8dd230a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71365 ft
Australia

I would like to buy a non-working battery for my project - dji battery killer. Write please PM to me if you have one for me.
2-11 23:07
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules