DJI Tablet holder: USB-C-cable ist too short!
1214 11 2021-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans47bdd5f0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15285 ft
Germany

Why is DJI selling a tablet holder and not also a longer connection cable?

The USB-C-cable is much too short for a tablet.

Can I buy any longer USB-C to USB-C cable ?

Thanks

2021-11-18
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

Good question, you'd have thought they'd offer a cable. Maybe they figure not everyone would want the same length.Anyway, you should be able to use any decent USB-C cable
2021-11-18
Use props
HerrMittmann
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2362441 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Oh, I actually thought, when you buy the official holder, there would also be a cable. I mean...it's quite expensive for a simple thing like a tablet holder.
On the other hand, on the product photo it looks like it would work...?

Anyways:
I already had a tablet holder, but in my case, the cable also was too short.
And since the default remote only has USB C ports (and not a classic, "big" one), I had to buy a completely new cable.
USB C to Lightning. Never had that before, and actually it wasn't that easy to find a decent priced one in the right length...
2021-11-18
Use props
fans47bdd5f0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15285 ft
Germany

HerrMittmann Posted at 11-18 08:02
Oh, I actually thought, when you buy the official holder, there would also be a cable. I mean...it's quite expensive for a simple thing like a tablet holder.
On the other hand, on the product photo it looks like it would work...?

every tablet needs a 30 cm cable. I just ordered one. Thanks
2021-11-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. You may try check our DJI Where To Buy platform on this link ( https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ) to see if those cables that you need is available. In addition I hope that you can get some information from our DJI Co pilots with regards to this matter as well. Thank you.
2021-11-18
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am using an 8" ASUS tablet with the stock cable and a basic mount extension (https://www.amazon.com/HeiyRC-Ad ... _i=B08YWH3PN9&psc=1). You can buy just about any C-C cable but I would get one that is specifically advertised for the Mavics, just so it has been tested on them.

Screenshot 2021-11-18 at 22-28-04 Amazon com HeiyRC Adjustable Tablet Extended B.png
2021-11-18
Use props
Car2
New

Spain

I am afraid this is NOT a good way to take care of customers: I spent hundreds of euros on your products and I feel ripped off. It makes no sense to buy a tablet holder that you can't use it because the cable provided by the brand is too short. I am not happy at all with dji.
2022-5-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Car2 Posted at 5-11 06:57
I am afraid this is NOT a good way to take care of customers: I spent hundreds of euros on your products and I feel ripped off. It makes no sense to buy a tablet holder that you can't use it because the cable provided by the brand is too short. I am not happy at all with dji.

yeah that's probably a good idea to ship a million long cables that will never be used which will end up polluting the world.  we're lucky to be getting a cable at all.
2022-5-11
Use props
Montivette
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1217756 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree when selling a tablet holder should consider  including a longer USB cable and if not indicate a longer USB cable will be required and is not supplied with the tablet holder.

If looking for similar alternative Tablet Holder here is link to video I created about the RC start tablet holder which includes

1x Tablet Sun hood
1x Tablet mount (with mounting point for lanyard)
1x Lanyard
1x Type C Cable (30cm)
1x OTG Cable (30cm)

2022-5-24
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

If only there was a store where they sold cables of every kind and could deliver right to your home!!!
2022-5-25
Use props
BladeZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1111969 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered a USB-C to USB-C made for the Air2/2s Mavic 3.  I haven't tried it yet, but it has good reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089CQ ... HNPNDH6PG9NH25JAHW9
2022-5-25
Use props
DatHirschi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24583 ft
Germany

Is there a difference in size between 8" tablets? My Huawei Mediapad M3 doesn't fit in the original holder. Needs additional 1 centimeters....

2022-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules